POLICE STATE: U.S. Prison System Larger Than Soviet Gulags...

Just because the Soviet Union was more brutal than we are does not mean we should be fine with catching up to their record.

Our prisons are one of the costliest institutions in America, more than welfare, unemployment, or any social program. We literally have to provide 100% of their necessities, and the system turns many non violent criminals into lifetime criminals who are in and out of prison.

Becuase many of these prisons are now for profit institutions, we have prison guard unions and corporate run prisons that lobby the government for longer sentences for less severe crimes. They unapologetically suckle at the government teat by imprisoning people and to increase profits want more prisoners.

The system is well and truly fucked.

Republicans always explode the size of government. They increase the number of government employees, government salaries, government pensions, increase the number of government tit suckers, inflation, cost & Politically Correct control over citizens lives. Because Repubtards believe "some animals are more equal than others".

Yes, it's not just Democrats, both parties do love government

Republicans always explode the size of government. They increase the number of government employees, government salaries, government pensions, increase the number of government tit suckers, inflation, cost & Politically Correct control over citizens lives. Because Repubtards believe "some animals are more equal than others".
LOL. Somebody loves to sniff glue.
Iceweasel You sniff glue!!!

Only fascist Republican government like Bush's hires government employees to pad employment numbers. Clinton & Obama fired government leeches & grow private sector. Obama's government is smaller than Reagan, Bush 1 & 2.

fredgraph.png

Bush, Reagan & the Republicans exploded pay & benefits for government employees far above private sector workers. It is just sick how government force US to be their slaves like that.

overpaid_workers_1.png

On top of expanding gov payroll, Republicans explode government contractors to hide their true government expansion.

Bringing facts into your emotional debate yo!

Last edited:
Only fascist Republican government like Bush's hires government employees to pad employment numbers. Clinton & Obama fired government leeches & grow private sector. Obama's government is smaller than Reagan, Bush 1 & 2.
Horseshit. That's mostly state and local governments. They shed jobs because of the economy.

Bill McBride at Calculated Risk has updated his chart of public sector employment under Obama and the last few Presidents. As you can see, it's not even close. The public sector (mostly concentrated at the state and local levels) has aggressively shed jobs during the Obama administration. That's a trend that never happened under recent Presidents.

Government Employment: Obama Vs. Past Presidents - Business Insider
publicmay2014.jpg

screen%20shot%202014-06-08%20at%206.28.10%20am.png

Government Jobs Loss: President Obama's Catch 22
The vast majority of the public sector job losses have come at the state and local level, where balanced budget requirements coupled with plummeting tax revenues have caused many states to parse back the payrolls.

Since Obama took office, 636,000 state and local jobs have been cut. In 2011 alone, 113,000 jobs were cut in local schools, 68,000 jobs were cut in local government administration, and 78,000 jobs were cut in state government administration, according to a Commerce Department report.

Yeah, but you're a nutter. A person who enjoys doing drugs doesn't deserve a death sentence. They don't belong in cages. And by not incarcerating non-violent drug offenders, you'll save a whole lot of Tax Dollars. Think about that for a bit.

Let's see how this plays out..... Druggie doesn't get sent to jail or executed. Druggie needs more money for drugs since he can't hold a job. Druggie decides to try to mug me or break into my home. I end up unloading 16 rounds of 9mm JHP into his head. Now I end up in jail.

Sorry, NOT INTERESTED.

No offense, but you sound very irrational and illogical. The act of dong drugs isn't a criminal act, anymore than drinking alcohol is. Now if someone breaks into a home, that is a criminal act. And they'll be properly prosecuted.

No, Big Brother won't. You know, the guy you 'Conservatives' worship. But yeah, let the People get high. So what? It's their adult personal decision.

Righ up until they accidentally start a fire in a deserted cold storage warehouse where they're squatting, They leave the building without telling anyone and six local firefighters end up DEAD because someone thought they were still in the building and the firemen went in looking for them.

Don't believe me.... Google Worcester Cold Storage Fire 1999.

If you can prove a criminal act was committed, so be it. Arrest and prosecute. But again, the act of doing drugs itself, is not a criminal act. If you can prove arson and murder, than go for it and prosecute. Those are crimes.

Yeah, but you're a nutter. A person who enjoys doing drugs doesn't deserve a death sentence. They don't belong in cages. And by not incarcerating non-violent drug offenders, you'll save a whole lot of Tax Dollars. Think about that for a bit.

Let's see how this plays out..... Druggie doesn't get sent to jail or executed. Druggie needs more money for drugs since he can't hold a job. Druggie decides to try to mug me or break into my home. I end up unloading 16 rounds of 9mm JHP into his head. Now I end up in jail.

Sorry, NOT INTERESTED.

Drugie has job and pays for drug out of wages. Most people on drugs don't actually commit crimes to pay for it....

Just as a matter of interest if, you have no problem one of your close relatives been put behind bars for getting a second prescription of Oxycotton.

Then letting your son or daughter get raped once a month during there 6 month cell stay (due to your let them at it phase)...
Nothing like a good raping to let them know what the world is about.

Hey if it is your daughter you could be lucky and have a grandchild knowing that someone in the adjoining male cell block is the father...

Good points. Yeah, it's shocking non-violent drug offenders are thrown in cages with brutal murderers and rapists. American Prisons are among the deadliest on earth. Your life could be snuffed out at any moment.

Prison guards don't care who lives or dies. They just wanna make it home safely to their families. No one deserves a death sentence for merely enjoying doing drugs. Our system is archaic and barbaric. It's time for it to evolve.

I hear ya somewhat, but American prisons are anything but 'comfortable.' That's a myth invented by old fart 'Law & Order' kooks. Anyone's life can be snuffed out at anytime in prison. American prisons are among the most deadly on earth. The prison murder rate is shocking.

At the very least, non-violent offenders should be housed in separate facilities. Someone who merely enjoys doing drugs shouldn't be thrown in a cage with brutal murderers and rapists. That's barbaric.

I know there are gladiator farms full of human debris that have no business being alive. They're dangerously violent incorrigible sociopaths and I'm happy to keep them there. They seem to flourish in that environment though, so apparently it's not harsh enough for them. I agree that people not in that catagory should never be housed with them, but in some cases they are. However you can put pedophiles in there all you like and make shanks available.

There are also minimum security prisons that house people not considered to be significantly violent. I happen to know these facilities aren't too harsh to be in or people wouldn't keep going back.

I don't think drug offenders should be caged at all. Unless they violate some other law to feed a habit, or do something stupid as a result of being fucked up at the time.

I don't think drug offenders should be caged at all. Unless they violate some other law to feed a habit, or do something stupid as a result of being fucked up at the time.
yup

I hear ya. The act of doing drugs isn't anymore a criminal act than drinking alcohol is. You can drink all the booze you want, but once you break a law, you'll be properly prosecuted.

But in my experience, i've observed far more violent loons on alcohol, than i have people on drugs like Marijuana. It's an adult personal decision. It's not a Government issue. Unless you violate a law.

in the old soviet union

how many didnt even make it to the "gulag"

which of course was forced labor camp system

just saying

Statistically, the U.S. Government imprisons more of its Citizens than any other nation on the planet. Nothing to boast about.

the gulag was a system with in the system

how many did the old soviet union kill out right

These are very unpleasant times for our nation. American Police are murdering Citizens at at a staggering rate, and imprisoning more of our Citizens than any other nation on earth. It's very sad.

A "staggering rate"??? What is that murder rate? I'm gonna bet....it's statistically so tiny it barely measures on any standard statistical data chart.

330 million people. Policed by 1 million cops. Who collectively work 300 billion hours per year of cop work.

What number would make it a "staggering rate"? Cops kill MAYBE 1000 a year. That's double the official number so I'll even play the "underreported " game.

And of those....at least half are absolutely clearly justified. Another 1/4 is probably fairly easily justified.

So let's say 250 questionable ones or outright unlawful.

250. Out of 330,000,000 policed by 1,000,000.

I know you don't like math and science. But the stats don't add up.

American Police are murdering and assaulting too many Citizens. The stats show American Police kill more of its Citizens per capita, than most other nations on earth. That includes nations like Iran and Myanmar. And the U.S. now ranks #1 in the world in incarcerating Citizens. So yeah, these are very unpleasant times for our nation.

No offense, but you sound very irrational and illogical. The act of dong drugs isn't a criminal act, anymore than drinking alcohol is. Now if someone breaks into a home, that is a criminal act. And they'll be properly prosecuted.

Actually the mere act of possessing most drugs is a crime. Just as it should be with alcohol and tobacco. Honestly, I don't trust the US Justice System sufficiently to give them the opportunity to prosecute anyone who breaks into my home.

Statistically, the U.S. Government imprisons more of its Citizens than any other nation on the planet. Nothing to boast about.

NO. These people imprison thenselves by refusing to follow the law. I'd prefer to see all who have committed Felonies or violent or moral crimes executed rather than imprisoned. It would solve many problems in our system

No, by refusing to follow unconstitutional laws. Please find where the constitution forbids the cultivation, sale and use of plants. Almost all these people in jail are non-violent criminals for drug related crimes.

If you can prove a criminal act was committed, so be it. Arrest and prosecute. But again, the act of doing drugs itself, is not a criminal act. If you can prove arson and murder, than go for it and prosecute. Those are crimes.

The criminal act was admitted to. Unfortunately the Worcester County District Attorney refused to press MURDER charges against the two wastes of flesh and oxygen. One was a 19 year old, homeless girl and the other was her 35 year old homeless boyfriend. Both homeless because they preferred to squat in abandoned buildings and kill firefighters so they could do their drugs rather than live drug-free with their biological families. Disgusting display of indifference to the death of 6 heroes.

No, by refusing to follow unconstitutional laws. Please find where the constitution forbids the cultivation, sale and use of plants. Almost all these people in jail are non-violent criminals for drug related crimes.

Under the General Welfare and Common Defense language in Article I, Section 8. The mere existance of alcohol, tobacco, and illicit drugs in the United States is a threat to both the welfare of the nation and its defense. The existance of those substances create a vulnerability to outside influence and create a class of dependent, addicted and just plain worthless individuals who add nothing of value to American society and take quite a bit from it.

Under the General Welfare and Common Defense language in Article I, Section 8. The mere existance of alcohol, tobacco, and illicit drugs in the United States is a threat to both the welfare of the nation and its defense. The existance of those substances create a vulnerability to outside influence and create a class of dependent, addicted and just plain worthless individuals who add nothing of value to American society and take quite a bit from it.

The mere existence of most legal pharmaceuticals is also a threat to this nation for the exact same reasons, as are the dirty doctors (most doctors) who write the prescriptions.

You're force fed propaganda like no tomorrow.

Actually the mere act of possessing most drugs is a crime. Just as it should be with alcohol and tobacco. Honestly, I don't trust the US Justice System sufficiently to give them the opportunity to prosecute anyone who breaks into my home.

Someone breaks into your home, blast the fools. I don't have a problem with that. You're talking about violent criminals. You won't catch me defending them. But doing drugs and drinking alcohol is an adult personal decision. It's not a Government issue unless laws are violated. No one should be thrown in a cage for merely enjoying getting high and drunk. This isn't Saudi Arabia.

Forum List

Back