Police Training Sucks

Yes.

There should be one officer giving commands. An officer who has had a LOT of training.
This was personal... what you are not being told is this unit was created to act like thugs.... it sometimes takes a thug to deal with thugs.... they got away with it because this special unit is all black and Hispanic....

Cops that start with belligerence and then escalate the situation trying to gain control are the problem.
So the cops that responded to the Pelosi call should have just let the poor misunderstood man keep hammering Paul to relieve his frustrations?

So the cops that responded to the Pelosi call should have just let the poor misunderstood man keep hammering Paul to relieve his frustrations?
As usual I feel like my most clearly worded statements are still too complicated for most of you.

The overwhelming majority are fine and honorable people.
That's a version of the ole "few bad apples" trope.

If that were the case, why is it so damn hard to prosecute, that is, if you manage to actually catch them, these rotten apples?

Not to mention, these so-called "good ones" don't do anything when the bad ones are doing their deeds. You can't even get them to report on them.

It's a system of corruption, that needs to be cleaned up.

That's a version of the ole "few bad apples" trope.

If that were the case, why is it so damn hard to prosecute, that is, if you manage to actually catch them, these rotten apples?

Not to mention, these so-called "good ones" don't do anything when the bad ones are doing their deeds. You can't even get them to report on them.

It's a system of corruption, that needs to be cleaned up.
The bad cops are protected by a powerful union.

Multiply that by how many thousands of these loose cannons we have running around the country waiving badges.
th

th

Especially at the United States Capitol building...

*****SMILE*****

:)

None of the cops who killed George Floyd or Tyre Nichols were female.

This is true. Blue city police departments have a "kill first, ask questions later" policy. You love it, of course, which is why you keep voting for it.

This is true. Blue city police departments have a "kill first, ask questions later" policy. You love it, of course, which is why you keep voting for it.
Criminals kill first and don't ask questions. Police kill in self-defense. Criminals kill too many cops. I'd be trigger happy too. I'm going home tonight.

Say 500 cops per year are killed by criminals

about 1,000 people are killed by police each year.

71 Commands in 13 Minutes: Officers Gave Tyre Nichols Impossible Orders

The footage begins with a police officer driving up to the intersection where Mr. Nichols’s car had been boxed in by two unmarked police vehicles.

The officer jumps out with his firearm drawn and joins a pair of officers rushing toward the front seat.

One officer pulls Mr. Nichols out of his car, and all three officers immediately start screaming “On the ground!”

These are the first orders in the bombardment of confusing commands that confound Mr. Nichols and prompt a cascade of retribution.

Mr. Nichols points out that he is sitting on the ground, as the officers instructed him to do.

But multiple officers shout the same command over and over with intensifying frustration and physical threats.

“Get on the ground!” one orders. “I’m gonna tase your ass.”

It eventually becomes evident that the officers would like Mr. Nichols not only on the ground but also lying down.

When Mr. Nichols repositions himself, it appears to further antagonize the officers. He tries to convey that he poses no threat.

“You guys are really doing a lot right now,” he says. “I’m just trying to go home.”

With officers pinning down his arms, pressing a taser against his leg and barking intensifying verbal threats, Mr. Nichols explodes: “I am on the ground!”

Finally, one of the officers yells more specific instructions: “On your stomach.”

Three seconds later, one of the officers shoots pepper spray into Mr. Nichols’s face.

[snip]

Then a third officer runs up with a can of pepper spray.

“You’re about to get sprayed good,” he says. The others start punching Mr. Nichols’s face.

Mr. Nichols responds by pulling his hands back to protect himself. The punching intensifies, and the pepper spray is fired.

Wiping the pepper spray from his eyes, Mr. Nichols tries assuring them that he is going to comply.

“OK,” he says. “All right. All right.”

But just as one of the officers gets hold of him, a new officer arrives and also demands that Mr. Nichols give him his hands. Again, Mr. Nichols is unable to follow the conflicting directions. He flails about, which only multiplies the police officers’ commands and the physical punishment they inflict. He is doused with pepper spray for a third time.

Two officers stand above Mr. Nichols, who is lying on his side and rubbing his eyes after being pepper-sprayed three times. An officer kicks Mr. Nichols in the face. Mr. Nichols appears to be barely conscious or coherent, but officers treat him as if he is resisting orders.

“Lay flat, goddamn it,” one officer commands.

Mr. Nichols moans and writhes on the ground. By this point, he has been tased, kicked in the head twice and punched and pepper-sprayed repeatedly.

“Lay flat,” another officer shouts.

Mr. Nichols is lying limp as an officer, without any apparent difficulty, snaps a pair of handcuffs to one of his wrists.

Officers continue to issue commands while simultaneously constraining, controlling and beating Mr. Nichols in ways that render it physically impossible for him to follow those commands.

One officer uses Mr. Nichols’s handcuffed arm to pull his body from the ground and into a kneeling position. Then another officer strikes him with a baton three times, yelling “Give us your hands!”

Surrounded by four officers, he tries to move away from the baton.

“Give me your fucking hands!” one officer shouts.

But Mr. Nichols — with one officer pinning his arms behind his back, another gripping his handcuffed wrist and a third punching his face — cannot comply.

Mr. Nichols doubles over and calls out for his mother. The blows continue.
Sounds like he momma should be charged with chillun neglect ?
Lets see if Nazi spail chax blocket the n.e.g. start of the word .

Not always. That's the problem.
Yep, I remember that shooting. There are several other unjustified shooting videos as well. The cops need to know by now that their every move is on video.
This one in OH where a cop has a split-second to decide who dies

If you want to cut hair and paint fingernails, you need 2,000 hours more training than a cop.

police-training-hours.jpg

Is a bad haircut more dangerous than giving a gun and a badge to a seriously under-trained high school graduate? I don't think so!

BLAM!BLAM!BLAM! HALT, POLICE!
police-killings.jpg
[

We definitely need more cops:

police-population.jpg
[

But just as importantly, maybe even more importantly, we need a lot more training for our cops:

police-training-by-country.jpg
Do those other careers require the applicant / student to pass polygraph tests to prove they aren’t racist and corrupt?

If you want to cut hair and paint fingernails, you need 2,000 hours more training than a cop.

police-training-hours.jpg

Is a bad haircut more dangerous than giving a gun and a badge to a seriously under-trained high school graduate? I don't think so!

BLAM!BLAM!BLAM! HALT, POLICE!
police-killings.jpg
[

We definitely need more cops:

police-population.jpg
[

But just as importantly, maybe even more importantly, we need a lot more training for our cops:

police-training-by-country.jpg
Twice as many white people are killed each year….why don’t white people burn shit down, riot and complain about police brutality?
A779DFCB-F257-405F-A578-4A61B24D75C2.jpeg

Yeah, we need social workers not police officers, huh?
We need both, actually.

Sworn officers are poorly equipped to address the issues they often encounter, such as homelessness, substance abuse, and mental illness.

Much of the criminal abuse by sworn officers is the result of their lack of training and experience with dealing with such issues having nothing to do with law enforcement.

Mental health and social services professionals need to be available to respond to those suffering from substance abuse or mental health problems, not law enforcement.

Forum List

Back