Political process rewards bullying for defense and dominance? Projecting blame on others for points?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
How much of our political process and culture
Rewards bullying for defense and dominance?
Projecting blame on others for political points?

Do you think this is healthy normal human/social behavior?
Or it is detrimental to a degree where it should be addressed?
Should we encourage conflict resolution and cooperation on mutual solutions
everyone agrees works on all sides?

How sustainable is the current culture of slamming other groups/people to get ahead,
using labels to make collective statements and stereotypes in the media and public arena?

Do you think this will or should change?
How, why or why not?

See also Defense Mechanisms to avoid addressing conflicts directly:
List of Defense Mechanisms

Should we encourage awareness of conflicts and better ways to resolve them than this:

The amazing ability of the subconscious mind to protect the conscious mind is at the root of many "symptoms" and problem behaviors encountered in counseling, therapy, and personal growth.

Symptoms as Metaphors for Subconscious Conflicts
xJigsaw1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.KWppdlsioo.jpg
The subconscious mind is very symbolic and metaphorical. Many professional helpers see symptoms as metaphors...symbolic of the client's internal experience. These are usually subconscious solutions to internal conflicts such as those outlined in the list of defense mechanisms below.

For example, when a person would like to do one thing, but instead can't seem to help but do another, it indicates that there's a conflict between the conscious mind and some part of the subconscious mind... In other words, part-of-me is aware that another part-of-me is doing something of which I don't consciously approve... something that may even interfere with my goals or needs.

Introducing: Serenity Cafe Academy!

Internet-of-the-Mind.com and Serenity Creations Online are proud to announce the launch of our brand new Serenity Cafe Academy where you will find eCourses, therapy tools, audios, videos, and slideshows presented to help you cope with problems like conflicting parts-of-self, subconscious defense mechanisms, abandonment issues, toxic shame, addictions and dysfunctional relationships. You will also find tools to help you design your future and take you to the next level once you are on the road to recovery.

A good example of this is when I consciously determine that I'm going to lose weight and yet I repeatedly fail to stick to my nutritional plan (we don't like the word "diet")... I try and try to stick to the plan and feel very upset "with myself" for caving in again!

Another term for such internal conflicts is Cognitive Dissonance -- Two cognition's (elements of knowledge)... usually one conscious and the other subconscious... are in direct conflict with each other. The two opposing cognition's are located on neural networks in the brain. They create anxiety that steadily intensifies until the subconscious mind employs a solution from its list of defense mechanisms.

unhealthy if shaming messages from parents, hatred, or aggression is turned inward on self.

modeling period between eight and thirteen. This helps the child further develop the Adult Ego State and the Parent Ego State.

Third Perceptual Position.

Painful, frightening, or threatening emotions, memories, impulses or drives that are subconsciously pushed or "stuffed" deep inside. It takes a lot of energy to keep material "stuffed"...energy that could be used for more productive living. Healthy if the person does not have the psychological resources available to deal with it.

Retreating into a dream world of times past... Can be unhealthy if it happens when action is required instead. Healthy when used to go back and finish unfinished business of the past...or simply for sentiment & nostalgia such exploring high school yearbook or family album. Fantasy is so commonly experienced that many people forget to include it on their list of defense mechanisms.

Go to Psychological Defense Mechanisms and Ego-State Scenarios to learn more.

We had a bank ad on TV recently which had a bunch of kids lamenting gender income inequality.

These kids were genuinely outraged about the state of things and were vowing to change things when they grew up.

Why don't we just hand the world to Islam?

Yes, america is an unhealthy society.

OK Fenton Lum
so what are some problems you would like to see addressed?

And what changes or solutions do you envision helping
to move in a better direction?

Have you seen any model programs you recommend be replicated?

Where do you think we should start?
or start doing instead to move forward from here? Thanks!

We had a bank ad on TV recently which had a bunch of kids lamenting gender income inequality.

These kids were genuinely outraged about the state of things and were vowing to change things when they grew up.

Why don't we just hand the world to Islam?

I don't think Islam wants responsibility for all of us.

Speaking of gender inequality The Great Goose
I just heard a political ad by a nonaffiliated group
citing the % of lower pay to women compared with men staffers,
and preferences to male employees by Hillary Clinton's foundation.

So who is lamenting that?

In general the victim mentality has got to come to an end.
If people are the govt, it comes back on us to solve our own
problems and then model govt reforms after what works.

Christians, Muslims, people of all groups can help take on
responsibility for organizing their members and resources
they manage and represent locally as directly as possible.

So in the end, it will be all people and all groups
sharing collective responsibility and delegating out
different areas and tasks to different people specialized in those fields.

Muslims will police Muslims.
Christians will correct Christians and the churches from abuse.
Constitutionalists will correct govt, etc.

It will take everyone, and nobody will dominate anyone else
but be the expert and "go to" resource for their respective focus.

It's going to take all of us to fix all the messes in society.
not a single group is going to be without a purpose and
need to meet demands only they can serve.
We are all important in our own ways, and we
need to recognize, include and capitalize on those
strengths while we correct the flaws/problems with each group, too!

Forum List

Back