🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Political question for Leftists. What do you not like about the Constitution?

All persons would refer to everybody on earth.
in the context of the statement where its stated or implied,,,
Only the 14th applies to "all persons" as it says in simple english.
so we can execute foreigners without trial in this country???

I would like to take this time to thank you for this long drawn out example of showing why interpretation isnt how the constitution works,, and hopes that others read it and learn from your mistakes,,,

If they a physically present in this country, they are covered under "person" as in "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury,"

If they a physically present in this country, they are covered under "person" as in "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury,"
and now you see you were wrong in your previous statement,,,

we call this progress,,

we call this progress,,
How am I wrong. The 5th refers to "person" which is anyone physically present within the US.

"All persons" refers to anyone on earth.

But "the people" has different meanings under the different parts of the constitution. So you can't use simple english, since you can't give the same words, different meanings under simple enlgish.

we call this progress,,
How am I wrong. The 5th refers to "person" which is anyone physically present within the US.

"All persons" refers to anyone on earth.

But "the people" has different meanings under the different parts of the constitution. So you can't use simple english, since you can't give the same words, different meanings under simple enlgish.
youre interpreting again,, and doing a poor job of it,,

remember when I said context and intent is important??

remember when I said context and intent is important??
Actually you said the constitution was written in simple english. Meaning easily understood, which is the opposite of requiring interpreting "intent".

Remember "intent" is exterior to the actual words, thus the constitution can't be "simple" english.
only if youre an idiot or a person with intent to subvert it by making shit up like youre doing,,

Show me the section of the constitution that takes away rights from other parts of the constitution.
the constitution doesnt have rights,,
Then the "bill of rights" is not not simple enlgish.

The Bill of Rights is simple English.
But states already existed, and these existing states can't be expected to become subordinated to some new federal government, right after the colonists had been forced to fight a rebellion against the last corrupt central government.
So the meaning and intent of the Bill of Right was ONLY to limit federal jurisdiction.
Nothing else.
It was only after the Civil War, and the 14th amendment, when the SCOTUS started trying to define what rights all individuals should have.
That was not the intent in 1789.

I know they like their right to free speech so they can tell others to not have free speech.

Forum List

Back