Politically, I find most Liberals intolerant of other's viewpoints.

I live in a large liberalized city. It is local governments we need to focus on now, should have before. Like David Horowitz says. The large cities of America has been 100% run by the left for 100 years

From my recent experiences and talks with obama voters, at least most of them are disillusioned with obama, they are heartbroken, blacks and whites alike.

And look at Liberal onclaves like NYC? Detroit? Chicago? Los Angeles? San Francisco?

Look at all the red ink they are drowning in? Unemployment? High taxes?

And look at the people leaving these hotbeds of Statism in droves.

And as we see? Their representives they elect want to make the rest of the country mirror it. That is why we fight this.

The fight continues.

I can't speak for the others but, with respect, "liberalism" or "statism" are hardly the reasons people are leaving Detroit.

Being taxed to death in these areas is no reason to leave to go somewhere else where their liberty isn't in jepoardy? Where they aren't held to account, to PAY for others' life mistakes? Are you writing that with a straight face? Are you being obtuse or what?

Conservatives and Liberals have very different outlooks on life. In fact liberals have a completely diffferent culture than conservatives. This leads to both sides arguing over subjects as their differing culture leads them to different opinions on the subject.

Culture? I definitely agree that different people have different sets of opinions, outlooks on life, etc. but to go as far and say liberals vs. conservatives have different cultures? I don't know about that.

A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others. Tolerance and respect for those around the world, tolerance and respect for minorities, tolerance for illegal immigrants, and so on.

You can't obviously throw all the 'liberals' or liberal-minded people into one big sack. I know enough conservatives, libertarians, neo-cons, and so on that never miss a chance to fill you in on what their stance is on a matter and can get a little 'preachy' as well... And that is ok, mind you.

However when it comes to dealing with the conservative culture liberals become very ethnocentric. The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture. Especially on message boards. In fact on message boards liberals are completely intolerant of conservative culture and values.

Ok, so you're doing the whole 'culture' thing here I see... Now I'll get a little preachy on your ass ... people are already separated enough by their differing ideas, why are you trying to distance them even further from each other by assigning different 'cultures' to them? Everyone simply has different values/priorities. That's basically it.

This constantly makes me think of hypocracy. The liberals who do this remind me of the conservatives who preach family values then cheat on their wifes, hypocrites.

Yeah, some liberals - as well as conservatives - are hypocrites. Your point is? Maybe you don't have one - maybe you'd just like to share your distaste for liberals.

So liberals next time you get all wound up and ready to bash on some conservative for wanting guns, not wanting abortion, being against radicals in their white house, being wary of who the president surrounds themselves with, or their hate of government involvment in our lives and the taxes that comes along with it....remember it makes you sound like hypocrites to many fair minded individuals.

I'm sorry, but that statement really doesn't make much sense. Everyone - even the gypsy-hating Nazi - has the right to free speech and has every right to voice his/her opinion and fears. I, on the other hand, have every right to send him/her to hell because if I am really repelled by his/her opinions, I should be able to say so.

When it comes to abortion, btw, it is my humble opinion that pro-lifers (that generally tend to be closer to the conservative end of the political spectrum, yeah, generalization) are much more offensive while defending their point of view (people get that way if they care about an issue - just like environmentalists care for the environment - logic for dummies).

All in all, you didn't really say anything by this post. You simply expressed a deeply subjective personal opinion that hardly reflects the truth.

Movin' on...

Another random thought of mine that i decided to post :redface:

Mmm hmm.

Last edited:
Conservatives and Liberals have very different outlooks on life. In fact liberals have a completely diffferent culture than conservatives. This leads to both sides arguing over subjects as their differing culture leads them to different opinions on the subject.

A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others. Tolerance and respect for those around the world, tolerance and respect for minorities, tolerance for illegal immigrants, and so on.

However when it comes to dealing with the conservative culture liberals become very ethnocentric. The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture. Especially on message boards. In fact on message boards liberals are completely intolerant of conservative culture and values.

This constantly makes me think of hypocracy. The liberals who do this remind me of the conservatives who preach family values then cheat on their wifes, hypocrites.

So liberals next time you get all wound up and ready to bash on some conservative for wanting guns, not wanting abortion, being against radicals in their white house, being wary of who the president surrounds themselves with, or their hate of government involvment in our lives and the taxes that comes along with it....remember it makes you sound like hypocrites to many fair minded individuals.

To quote you, "A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others." This isn't what I see happening on tv. Just where is all of this "preaching" taking place? To me, it seems more like, "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY." Disagree with a liberal on any subject and they most often go into a rant about you being a racist, indifferent, a liar, a Nazi, and the list goes on and on. Liberals are nothing more than bullies who cry when they can't get their way. They place the blame for everything that is wrong in their world on anybody else they think they can get the smell to stick to. It's always somebody elses fault. I'm interested in hearing who the liberals are going to blame for the sorry state our country is going to be LEFT in when this crop of dumbasses looses power in Congress and the White House in the next couple of elections.

Wow. Have you ever tried to look at people as individuals or have you always separated them into neat little groups? If the only way you can view world is through the prism of such gross generalization, what an impoverished soul you must be ... No offense, but that point of view saddens me.

Unless those viewpoints are backed up with things called "facts" and "statistics". I don't see how, "Obama wants to kill your grandmother" is a political viewpoint?

Hint, it's not liberals that want to teach "the occult" as equal to "science". Prove it's real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unless those viewpoints are backed up with things called "facts" and "statistics". I don't see how, "Obama wants to kill your grandmother" is a political viewpoint?

Hint, it's not liberals that want to teach "the occult" as equal to "science". Prove it's real.

Obama wouldn't kill your grandmother. But system will.

Here is example of Oregon state controlled healthcare.

An Oregon woman suffering from lung cancer was notified by the state-run Oregon Health Plan that their policy would not cover her life-extending cancer drug, telling her the health plan would cover doctor-assisted suicide instead.

LINK

No kidding, just take a look at Huggy's posts.

Ame®icano;1491032 said:

An Oregon woman suffering from lung cancer was notified by the state-run Oregon Health Plan that their policy would not cover her life-extending cancer drug, telling her the health plan would cover doctor-assisted suicide instead.

LINK

Well, that was pretty sickening to hear and I am glad all other states have NOT made assisted suicide legal, because this is a perfect example of the slippery slope making it legal has taken.

But JUST SO YOU KNOW, it is NOT any different with private medical insurance...

my sister recently had surgery, she went home and 3 days later, she is running a very high fever... she got an infection from the sugery...they hospitalized her immediately, after 4-5 days in there trying various different antibiotics to save my sister's life, she was still infected and running 105 temperature...her doctors recommended a NEW antibiotic that was suppose to be the mother of all mothers, to kill the infection that was eating away and killing her, her insurance company refused to pay for it....the doctors begged, the insurance company still refused...so my sister who did not have the $750 bucks handy for the 7 pills they wanted to give her to save her life, put it on a credit card. Once she got the medicine, 2 days later she was well enough to go home.

The insurance company refused to pay for the 7 pills she needed to save her life, for $750 but they were willing to continue to pay thousands of dollars a day to keep her in intensive care....getting sicker and sicker, and eventually dying. :(

The whole thing was a rude awakening of how callous private, for profit insurance companies can be....and your link shows that Oregon state gvt ain't much better!

Care

Ame®icano;1491032 said:

LINK

Well, that was pretty sickening to hear and I am glad all other states have NOT made assisted suicide legal, because this is a perfect example of the slippery slope making it legal has taken.

my sister recently had surgery, she went home and 3 days later, she is running a very high fever... she got an infection from the sugery...they hospitalized her immediately, after 4-5 days in there trying various different antibiotics to save my sister's life, she was still infected and running 105 temperature...her doctors recommended a NEW antibiotic that was suppose to be the mother of all mothers, to kill the infection that was eating away and killing her, her insurance company refused to pay for it....the doctors begged, the insurance company still refused...so my sister who did not have the $750 bucks handy for the 7 pills they wanted to give her to save her life, put it on a credit card. Once she got the medicine, 2 days later she was well enough to go home.

The insurance company refused to pay for the 7 pills she needed to save her life, for $750 but they were willing to continue to pay thousands of dollars a day to keep her in intensive care....getting sicker and sicker, and eventually dying. :(

The whole thing was a rude awakening of how callous private, for profit insurance companies can be....and your link shows that Oregon state gvt ain't much better!

Care

I think you will agree with me that something has to change in healthcare and/or insurance industry. By changing industry I don't mean eliminating it.

From your sister's example, I would say that, since it happened on their watch, hospital is responsible for your sister infection and that hospital should take any necessary steps to solve the problem at their own expense.

Last edited:
Who on this message board do you consider conservative. I'd say there are three, maybe four, actual conservatives and the rest are far right nut jobs.

Here's intolerance...having a meltdown because someone questioned Bush's motives. That's the Republican party in a nutshell.

yeah we get it. Anyone that dares to question your messiah or anyone on the left for that matter, is a far right wing nut job.

And look at Liberal onclaves like NYC? Detroit? Chicago? Los Angeles? San Francisco?

Look at all the red ink they are drowning in? Unemployment? High taxes?

And look at the people leaving these hotbeds of Statism in droves.

And as we see? Their representives they elect want to make the rest of the country mirror it. That is why we fight this.

The fight continues.

I can't speak for the others but, with respect, "liberalism" or "statism" are hardly the reasons people are leaving Detroit.

Being taxed to death in these areas is no reason to leave to go somewhere else where their liberty isn't in jepoardy? Where they aren't held to account, to PAY for others' life mistakes? Are you writing that with a straight face? Are you being obtuse or what?

:confused:

Hmmm, I think the answer is no to both questions, and I'll give you my reasons.

1. As I clearly pointed out, the only onclave [sic] I was speaking of was Detroit, not the other cities mentioned. Your use of the term "these areas" appears to indicate that you believe I was speaking in general. Either you misread my post or you have reasons for misconstruing.

2. You appear to live a long way away from Detroit (I'm guessing - I have no idea what Florida's first coast means). I live in the Detroit Metro area. It would therefore be reasonable to assume that I have at least as good and quite possibly a better understanding of the issues people in the city of Detroit are facing than you.

3. Detroit's population has been decreasing for 50 years. Liberalism / statism (call it what you will) may well be a contributing factor to this decline, but the headline reasons have been over-reliance on a single industry, political corruption and race relations. For my money you can also throw in appalling mismanagement by senior auto industry executives and bare faced greed by their union counterparts. The metro area population on the other hand has stayed relatively stable for decades despite being impacted by the same broad political leanings as the city of Detroit.

Just in case I didn't mention it enough, the above reasons refer specifically to Detroit. Sorry to labor the point - you never know when someone obtuse might be reading. Did I write that with a straight face?

Ame®icano;1491080 said:
Ame®icano;1491032 said:

LINK

Care

I think you will agree with me that something has to change in healthcare and/or insurance industry. By changing industry I don't mean eliminating it.

From your sister's example, I would say that, since it happened on their watch, hospital is responsible for your sister infection and that hospital should take any necessary steps to solve the problem at their own expense.
yes, agreed.
and...
you are right! DAMNIT! the hospital should have paid for it, or the doctor himself!!!! this pisses me off even more!

care

Ame®icano;1491032 said:

LINK

Just curious. Would you have a link from a "real" news source and not a "Christian" website?

By the way, you know that "medicine" comes from "science". Couldn't they just "pray"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hint, it's not liberals that want to teach "the occult" as equal to "science".
Um.....Yes they do.

Druids and Luddites are cults, and socialists eat up that crap, disguised under the rubric of "environmentalism".

Try harder next time.

Can I see your evidence or can we assume it's either a "delusion" or a comedic attempt?

Ame®icano;1491032 said:

LINK

Just curious. Would you have a link from a "real" news source and not a "Christian" website?
By the way, you know that "medicine" comes from "science". Couldn't they just "pray"?

Is ABC News real enough for you? Or maybe MSNBC? Or why don't you simply try to click HERE to look for it yourself? You might notice that link I provided was listed first.

I find that liberal dont like anything about America and wish to make it worse by turning the USA into a multicultural paradise where the force of government is used to ideologies that are none tradition and do nothing to protect the founding documents.
There is no conservative movement in the USA to counter this slide into the third world gutter.

How dare you have an opinion.

Especially one that is negative towards liberals?

Forum List

Back