Politically owned

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
What it's like to be so owned by one party or politician, that you're not even allowed to reason with opposing information. Even if it's 100% provable facts. To be so owned and loyal, that if someone presents a legit opposing argument, you have to get personal or attack them (verbally) or go out of your way to change the subjects. (Whataboutism)

It's been so long since I've become truly independent of all parties, that I can't imagine still being stuck with one. There's so much information out there that proves any side is corrupt, that still being owned by one, imo is out this world insane.

Here's a few example: The BS racism line that the left were running about George Floyd, BLM and systemic racism. The Defund the Police leftist would make you think that innocent blacks were getting killed by cops, left and right. For not other reason than them being black.
After a quick search through the records, come to find out, only less than 1% of those blacks were actually innocent. Less than 1% of those blacks were unarmed.

Another example is the Trump supporters claiming that Biden alone caused this inflation and high fuel prices. But again, the opposing arguments prove this economic downturn and high fuel prices were coming, regardless of who was president. They don't dare even think about holding Trump accountable for any of it. Even though all of this current mess started prior to the 2020 election.

But both sides will argue their side for eternity, regardless of the facts put in front of them. This is being politically owned. It's being politically loyal to your party or politicians. IMO, there's so many party loyalist in this country, that decent people wouldn't dare run for office. Only those that are at least a little radical. And many of them are dumb to the facts they're campaigning on or for.
And so, we end up with a fresh batch of mostly morons who only have the talking points down.
They get elected. The old guard that's still in office teaches them how to be corrupt. If they start trying to make things better, they're told by the leadership (and the lobbyist) to sit down, shut up, or you'll be defeated in the next election. And because they're dumb and don't know anything, they'll follow orders and become corrupted.
Those that don't, will get shunned by their peers and primaried in the next election.

This is how both parties do it. It's how they've been doing it for as long as I've been alive. And because we have so many party loyalist, this is how they'll continue to do it. We'll continue to get republicans who aren't fiscal conservatives. And democrats who don't really give a shoot about the American working class.

What it's like to be so owned by one party or politician, that you're not even allowed to reason with opposing information. Even if it's 100% provable facts. To be so owned and loyal, that if someone presents a legit opposing argument, you have to get personal or attack them (verbally) or go out of your way to change the subjects. (Whataboutism)

It's been so long since I've become truly independent of all parties, that I can't imagine still being stuck with one. There's so much information out there that proves any side is corrupt, that still being owned by one, imo is out this world insane.

Here's a few example: The BS racism line that the left were running about George Floyd, BLM and systemic racism. The Defund the Police leftist would make you think that innocent blacks were getting killed by cops, left and right. For not other reason than them being black.
After a quick search through the records, come to find out, only less than 1% of those blacks were actually innocent. Less than 1% of those blacks were unarmed.

Another example is the Trump supporters claiming that Biden alone caused this inflation and high fuel prices. But again, the opposing arguments prove this economic downturn and high fuel prices were coming, regardless of who was president. They don't dare even think about holding Trump accountable for any of it. Even though all of this current mess started prior to the 2020 election.

But both sides will argue their side for eternity, regardless of the facts put in front of them. This is being politically owned. It's being politically loyal to your party or politicians. IMO, there's so many party loyalist in this country, that decent people wouldn't dare run for office. Only those that are at least a little radical. And many of them are dumb to the facts they're campaigning on or for.
And so, we end up with a fresh batch of mostly morons who only have the talking points down.
They get elected. The old guard that's still in office teaches them how to be corrupt. If they start trying to make things better, they're told by the leadership (and the lobbyist) to sit down, shut up, or you'll be defeated in the next election. And because they're dumb and don't know anything, they'll follow orders and become corrupted.
Those that don't, will get shunned by their peers and primaried in the next election.

This is how both parties do it. It's how they've been doing it for as long as I've been alive. And because we have so many party loyalist, this is how they'll continue to do it. We'll continue to get republicans who aren't fiscal conservatives. And democrats who don't really give a shoot about the American working class.
All I know is I am paying double for a gallon of gas now. Biden is POTUS and he rescinded Trump's energy policies. If we 'flip the script' Democrats would be screaming that it's Trump's fault and the MSM would follow right along. The idea of opposing parties and ideas is good as long as one party doesn't start going after the other one using law enforcement, like the Democrats are doing right now. The Democrat party seems to have been taken over by far left operatives probably funded by Soros who has been key in donating to far left State prosecutors.

All I know is I am paying double for a gallon of gas now. Biden is POTUS and he rescinded Trump's energy policies. If we 'flip the script' Democrats would be screaming that it's Trump's fault and the MSM would follow right along. The idea of opposing parties and ideas is good as long as one party doesn't start going after the other one using law enforcement, like the Democrats are doing right now. The Democrat party seems to have been taken over by far left operatives probably funded by Soros who has been key in donating to far left State prosecutors.

You're owned. And a little brainwashed. Your exact words>>> "All I know is I'm paying double for a gallon of gas now." That's all you know, because that's all you're allowed to know. The right isn't going to mention the deal that Trump made with OPEC in April of 2020, 7 months before the election, to reduce oil production.
What happens when you reduce oil production? Higher fuel prices.
The US oil companies followed suit with OPEC's bust cycle. In fact, by may & June (still months before the election) US oil field layoffs were well under way.

The US government has been using law enforcement to go after people for a friggin century. It only just now became important when they do it to Trump? Why take up for someone who's lied so many times to you, about so many issues that were important to most Americans.

Balance the budget in 4 years. <<<Didn't even try
Make Mexico pay for the wall<<< HUGE lie
"Lock her up"<<< The very week after the election, he said "lock her up" was just a campaign thing. He didn't even try to lock her up. Called the Clintons his friends.

The point: Loyalism to ANY politician or party will get egg thrown in your face every single time.
Until I became fully independent, I had so much egg on my face, I looked like breakfast. It got real old trying to convince Republicans that the democrats were for the working man.
Then it god old trying to tell democrats that republicans cared about the debt.

And all the other lies and BS I spewed when either of them owned me. I've been a party loyalist for those two parties and the libertarians. But BY GOD, no more.

Lot's of party loyalist got triggered by this thread, so it would seem.

I think for people like this, they've never been able or willing to see clearly. They know they're a "genius" of some kind, and if they were to accept they're not, it would destroy them. So they do what they do hide the fact from themselves. I doubt they'd admit they are this in this thread.

Righteous thread, clear eyed observations, valid points made. I predict the thread will be generally ignored or turned into a septic wasteland by the committed NPCs of the duopoly.

Well, there is the fact that he said the following about police shootings:

First he posts no citation to this remarkable statistic. Secondly--and please weigh in--true or false...."innocence" is a determination to be made by the court right? Not the cop on the street. For whatever reason a cop shoots and kills a person, that person does not get a trial because they are, you know...dead. Lastly, if you shoot someone because they are armed with a knife from 20 feet away...do you really have to kill the guy if he's not posing a threat to anyone?

So his "observations" are pretty ridiculous on that point.

So you're owned by "both parties suck equally and are terrible". Which is just a different way of being owned.

We've reached a point at which the two whacked-out ends of our political spectrum do little more than provide easy, usable material for the other. Since they're not allowed to communicate, neither end has an accurate understanding of the perspectives of the other.

Our Constitution, the most amazing document ever written, was the result of people from all across the political strata communicating, collaborating and innovating. Our Founders would be horrified and terribly disappointed to see how we've arrived at the opposite.

The problem, to me, is our political system. It incentivizes and rewards its participants to act on their very worst impulses, ultimately catering to the most destructive elements of the parties. Unless and until we change the system, we continue to bend over for this.

^^^ so true----THE DONKEY AND ELEPHANT have
engaged in a hostile divorce in which custody of the
country and its government has yet to be resolved

Well, there is the fact that he said the following about police shootings:

First he posts no citation to this remarkable statistic. Secondly--and please weigh in--true or false...."innocence" is a determination to be made by the court right? Not the cop on the street. For whatever reason a cop shoots and kills a person, that person does not get a trial because they are, you know...dead. Lastly, if you shoot someone because they are armed with a knife from 20 feet away...do you really have to kill the guy if he's not posing a threat to anyone?

So his "observations" are pretty ridiculous on that point.

Folks, what we have here is a great example of being a political loyalist. Instead of trying to understand the point of this thread, candycorn goes off on minor details to change the subject of the thread. "Let's put the focus on possible errors or not posting a link to the stats." Instead of sticking to the point being made.
This is a debate tactic used by political loyalist to ensure and prove their loyalty. As if their party leaders were going to thank them for their efforts. LMAO.

So you're owned by "both parties suck equally and are terrible". Which is just a different way of being owned.

LMAO.. Wow, you had to draw in dot of your own to connect that.

Being loyal to your side, means getting personal with someone with a different view point. And you call me owned. LMAO. Priceless

If I was owned, I'd be siding with one or the other. I'd be in support of Trump or Biden. Which side owns you? The left or the right?

And don't say neither, because you're using the same debate tactic as candycorn. Change the subject, get personal or one or more of the other strategies.

We've reached a point at which the two whacked-out ends of our political spectrum do little more than provide easy, usable material for the other. Since they're not allowed to communicate, neither end has an accurate understanding of the perspectives of the other.

Our Constitution, the most amazing document ever written, was the result of people from all across the political strata communicating, collaborating and innovating. Our Founders would be horrified and terribly disappointed to see how we've arrived at the opposite.

The problem, to me, is our political system. It incentivizes and rewards its participants to act on their very worst impulses, ultimately catering to the most destructive elements of the parties. Unless and until we change the system, we continue to bend over for this.

Very well put.

They were coming because of all the spending and the leftwing goons passed, moron.

Both sides may argue their case, buy your claim that both are equally wrong is propaganda. Here's the bottom line: Dims lie. Every word that comes out of their mouths is a lie. Anyone who claims that Republicans are equally dishonest is helping to propagate dishonesty.

They were coming because of all the spending and the leftwing goons passed, moron.

Both sides may argue their case, buy your claim that both are equally wrong is propaganda. Here's the bottom line: Dims lie. Every word that comes out of their mouths is a lie. Anyone who claims that Republicans are equally dishonest is helping to propagate dishonesty.

Lies?

"Lock her up." (didn't even try)
"I'm going to balance the budget in 4 years." (didn't even try)
I'm going to make Mexico pay for the wall." (didn't even try)
"I'm pro-life" (all the time he's funding planned parenthood)
"I'm pro 2A" (and then bans bump stocks)

You're so owned you'll ignore those lies.

Personal attack coming in 3.....2......1

LMAO.. Wow, you had to draw in dot of your own to connect that.

Being loyal to your side, means getting personal with someone with a different view point. And you call me owned. LMAO. Priceless

If I was owned, I'd be siding with one or the other. I'd be in support of Trump or Biden. Which side owns you? The left or the right?

And don't say neither, because you're using the same debate tactic as candycorn. Change the subject, get personal or one or more of the other strategies.

No one "owns" me. I freely choose conservativism, the same way you freely choose the "both parties are corrupt" third way. The difference is: I RECOGNIZE and label myself as as conservative. You play the fool's game of "I'm above all this".....while clearly playing the third position.

No one "owns" me. I freely choose conservativism, the same way you freely choose the "both parties are corrupt" third way. The difference is: I RECOGNIZE and label myself as as conservative. You play the fool's game of "I'm above all this".....while clearly playing the third position.
Are you a Trump conservative or a Thomas Massie conservative. There's a difference. One is actually a conservative. And the other is a CINO.

Folks, what we have here is a great example of being a political loyalist. Instead of trying to understand the point of this thread, candycorn goes off on minor details to change the subject of the thread. "Let's put the focus on possible errors or not posting a link to the stats." Instead of sticking to the point being made.
This is a debate tactic used by political loyalist to ensure and prove their loyalty. As if their party leaders were going to thank them for their efforts. LMAO.
Folks, what we have here is someone who makes ups a silly scenario to try to make a point. Instead of using an actual example of Democrats being silly in their stance, he has to tinge it with racism because...well...he's a racist.

Folks, what we have here is someone who makes ups a silly scenario to try to make a point. Instead of using an actual example of Democrats being silly in their stance, he has to tinge it with racism because...well...he's a racist.

And what we have here is a liar, who's vying to become some PR person for his party. Using known tactics like calling someone a racist.

I didn't make up any scenario. What I posted was factual. But you being the party loyalist you are, will claim otherwise in order to defend the party you're loyal to.

You're kind are a cancer on this country and our political system. It's why we have people like Pelosi and McConnell still in office, who should've retired a decade or more ago.
It's why 90% of our elected officials are owned by lobbyist.
It's why there's a lot of things wrong with our government. Because political loyalist keep the two party system alive and well.

Tired of one party, candycorn? Then stop helping your side keep the other side in power.

Proof: When a third party candidate starts gaining popularity, who joins forces to strike them down? It's the Republicans and democrats together. Arm and arm, fighting against any and all competition.
It takes two wings to fly, bro.

Forum List

Back