Politics As In Psychology and Philosophy

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. I tried to Google "Medieval serf boy missing" .....

....and this came up: "Page not found."

The point is that voters make a huge mistake if they consider themselves serfs: bound under the feudal system to work on their lord's estate.
One is not bound to their party, not wedded, not imprisoned. The candidate is not youir daddy, you are not beholden to him or them. Rather than you owing to the party, the very opposite is the case: those who you elect are bound to make your life better, to make the nation better.

2. Far too many behave as though the party is the same as their fav sports team, and they must stick with it whether it is right or wrong, no matter what the result of that party in power's performance is.

3. Originally Stephen Decatur, in an after-dinner toast of 1816–1820: “Our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations may she always be in the right; but right or wrong, our country!” “My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.”
The way to set your party right is to vote agaist it when it is wrong.

4. Your interests, your self and your family, and the nation, are your only concerns, not who wins or loses an election. You should treat your party affiliation the way Lord Palmerston described allies:

Lord Palmerston 1784–1865, British statesman Oxford Reference

https://www.oxfordreference.com › q-oro-ed4-00008130
British statesman; Prime Minister, 1855–8, 1859–65.

We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual.

5. Stand with your party, of course, except when the other party produces the results that benefit you, your family, and the nation. That is the current case where the Democrat Party has gone in a direction that benefits only themselves and their donors. The Trump Presidency proved that in terms of inflation, crime, border crossings, and world peace.
Now is the time to follow the advice of the first Republican Presidnet:
"Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong."
Abraham Lincoln, Speech at Peoria, Illinois (October 16, 1854)

It is time to part with this iteration of the Democrat Party.

1. JD Vance was booed by some firefighters at a union rally. I'm not sure why they were booing?! JD made some good points generically about the Trump policies vs the Harris policies, but some union guys just drink the democrat/union KoolAde.

I'm not sure just saying that Trump and Vance "are populists" is enough to quite union democrats. I'd have lowered the boom with inflation and open border cheap labor, plus giving migrants tons of free stuff.

2. Urban plantation dwellers only know to vote democrat. Here's one who might have had enough

Forum List

Back