Politifact rates " Pants on fire" claim that Biden blocked Texas from increasing power

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
You know the famous saying. It's not a hoax if it's not in USMB.
Serial liar Alex Jones of infowars started the hoax.
He simply made up the thing about Biden blocking Texas from increasing energy output ahead of the winter storm.
In fact, it was the opposite. Texas was allowed.
The story is wrong — the Energy Department did not "block" Texas from increasing power production before the winter storm hit. The "major smoking gun" cited by InfoWars is actually an emergency order that temporarily suspended federal emissions caps in the state so that some power plants could operate at maximum capacity.

We reached out to InfoWars for a comment, but we haven’t heard back.

He simply made up the thing about Biden blocking Texas from increasing energy output ahead of the winter storm.
The story is wrong — the Energy Department did not "block" Texas from increasing power production before the winter storm hit. The "major smoking gun" cited by InfoWars is actually an emergency order that temporarily suspended federal emissions caps in the state so that some power plants could operate at maximum capacity.

got a link for this bud??

who even said that? I haven't seen that said at all. What would Biden have to do with Texas power? We have our own grid, it was all over the news last week.

Factcheckers are not neutral and are funded by big Corporations.
Anyone who uses them is just too lazy to debate.
Notice how they never fackcheck Biden's outlandish claims.
Progressive Hunter said: "Your source isnt neutral. Here's my source for the Texas hoax:
alex-jones.jpg

Uh.....so who put the lid on emissions, Russia?

Factcheckers are not neutral and are funded by big Corporations.
Anyone who uses them is just too lazy to debate.
Notice how they never fackcheck Biden's outlandish claims.
Progressive Hunter said: "Your source isnt neutral. Here's my source for the Texas hoax:
alex-jones.jpg
hate to break it to you buttercup but theres no such thing as a neutral source,,

I read yesterday that Texas had, in fact, asked permission from the fed gov't to increase it's output but was denied due to concerns about emissions- that seems plausible- but, if I was in charge I'd told them to kiss my ass and increased the power- IDGAFF what the thives and narcissist in the District of Criminals says or their acolyte zealots in the general population-

Here's one from Texas.

Here's one from Texas.
The Houston Chronicle is notoriously leftist in todays vernacular and political landscape- none the less, if it is true that permission was asked, the bigger story is why is had to be asked- by what authority does the District of Criminals pretend it has to give permission to power company's output? That leads to why does any state, not just Texas, listen to them? Have none ever heard of the 10th amendment to the rules by which they (the District of Criminals) are supposed to adhere to?

Both entities (state and federal) have staff lawyers (and there in lies the problem) that could hash it out in court from now on, therefore justifying their salaries- and maybe, just maybe, people wouldn't have died, or at least as many wouldn't have-

But, by god (not sure which one though) politics!

Here's one from Texas.
The Houston Chronicle is notoriously leftist in todays vernacular and political landscape- none the less, if it is true that permission was asked, the bigger story is why is had to be asked- by what authority does the District of Criminals pretend it has to give permission to power company's output? That leads to why does any state, not just Texas, listen to them? Have none ever heard of the 10th amendment to the rules by which they (the District of Criminals) are supposed to adhere to?

Both entities (state and federal) have staff lawyers (and there in lies the problem) that could hash it out in court from now on, therefore justifying their salaries- and maybe, just maybe, people wouldn't have died, or at least as many wouldn't have-

But, by god (not sure which one though) politics!

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the EPA rules, I'm just saying they were followed and permission was granted the same day. The rules did not significantly hinder the power producers from firing up the extra capacity they have, the weather did.

It's another false talking point disseminated by the false talking point production team at InfoWars and gobbled up by Trumpybear's neo-fascist herd.

Maybe this is what poked Nostra in the ass.

Here's one from Texas.

I cancelled that shit left wing rag a long time ago.

Last edited:

Here's one from Texas.

I cancelled that shit left wing rag along time ago.

Why would anyone listen to anything Info"School shooting are all hoaxes"Wars.

What a Maroon!

Here's one from Texas.

I cancelled that shit left wing rag along time ago.

Why would anyone listen to anything Info"School shooting are all hoaxes"Wars.

What a Maroon!

WTF are you talking about?

Forum List

Back