POLL: How many recent police shootings would have happened if....

How many shootings would have happened if they had not resisted arrest?

• 0% - Resist arrest and all bets are off, do what the cop says

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • 25%

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 50%

• 75%

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 100% - The cops would have found an excuse to kill them anyway

• Total voters

So, is this to say there's no such thing as mitigating factors even if we're to assume the stat is correct? Because I differentiate between a person resisting in an inital shocked way and someone so belligerent that they have to be pepper sprayed after about 50 warnings.
There will always be degrees. In general, my working definition here would be a person who chooses not to comply with an officer's orders.

The most glaring example would be Michael Brown.

So, is this to say there's no such thing as mitigating factors even if we're to assume the stat is correct? Because I differentiate between a person resisting in an inital shocked way and someone so belligerent that they have to be pepper sprayed after about 50 warnings.
There will always be degrees. In general, my working definition here would be a person who chooses not to comply with an officer's orders.

Your general definition ignores mitigating factors is the point. And an armed Michael Brown charged.

you really should consider seeking help before you consider suicide by cop. it's messy, takes up a lot of law enforcement resources and pisses people off.

It wouldn't be suicide by cop. There are specific scenarios where I will not comply with police orders. In those situations I will not get out alive.

in other words you'd like to die and make some insane point.

like i said....seriously. i'm not saying this to be mean. i want you to get help. no one should feel that hopeless.
The only help he needs is an ice pick jammed into his brain and stirred vigorously.

The only help he needs is an ice pick jammed into his brain and stirred vigorously.

If you're Man enough to deliver that ice pick, PM,me. I'll gladly provide my address. Just make sure your Life Insurance is paid up.

No, I have no training in the technique. While a strong proponent of DIY, I am perfectly happy to leave that to a trained lobotomist.

Your general definition ignores mitigating factors is the point. And an armed Michael Brown charged.
I'm not sure what you mean.

My point is that Brown resisted arrest, and if he had not, if he had just complied, he'd more likely be alive today.

do blacks find themselves on the wrong end of he law more often than other groups?
do blacks tend to have an attitude while resisting arrest that might explain these numbers?
In other words, if the blacks had less criminals in their group, would the numbers shift to reflect that.

I think you mean some blacks.

Good thing that police are trained to spot the " bad" ones.
yes I do mean some. But as a racial group there does seem to be a higher percentage of those that end up in trouble than with other racial groups.

I'm not sure what you mean.

My point is that Brown resisted arrest, and if he had not, if he had just complied, he'd more likely be alive today.

Something lost in translation; I guess we agree on the latest point....

do blacks find themselves on the wrong end of he law more often than other groups?
do blacks tend to have an attitude while resisting arrest that might explain these numbers?
In other words, if the blacks had less criminals in their group, would the numbers shift to reflect that.

yes I do mean some. But as a racial group there does seem to be a higher percentage of those that end up in trouble than with other racial groups.

What percent is that?
That's an important question.
If that percentage is small, then that burden is carried by all for no other reason than implicit bias.

It's important to understand this concept and it's important to understand that this is the core premise of BLM.

What percent is that?
If that percentage is small, then that burden is carried by all for no other reason than implicit bias.

It's important to understand this concept and it's important to understand that this is the core premise of BLM.
Those numbers have been presented on this forum many times. You are however free to search it out yourself and see.
and the core premise of BLM is that the savage negro be allowed to go about his illegal ways without interference from those that would prefer a more legal approach to life.
BLM is a racist group that was started by and for feral pieces of shit that do nothing but try and destroy a peaceful society.
So glad I could clear that up for you

Those numbers have been presented on this forum many times. You are however free to search it out yourself and see.
and the core premise of BLM is that the savage negro be allowed to go about his illegal ways without interference from those that would prefer a more legal approach to life.
BLM is a racist group that was started by and for feral pieces of shit that do nothing but try and destroy a peaceful society.

Let's look at some of the "Savage" things people were doing when the cops murdered them.

Sandra Bland- Failing to use a turn signal.
Tamir Rice - Playing with a toy.
Eric Garner- Selling cigarettes
walter Scott- Having a tail light out.

Clearly, these are things that will bring down civilization, I tell you...

Here's A Timeline Of Unarmed Black People Killed By Police Over Past Year

Meanwhile-

James Holmes- Shot 70 people, killing 12. Taken into custody. But he was white
Dylann Roof - Shot 9 people. Taken into custody and the bought him Burger King food. But he was white.
The assholes in Oregon who took over a public building. Allowed to rant and rave for months. But they were white.

Resisting arrest in NY is a class A misdemeanor. We don't have any provisions for authorizing the police to serve as prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner for class A misdemeanors.
We do if they pose a threat in any way.

But none of us were at any of these arrests, so basically, any comment is total Bull Shit anyway.

Full disclosure: I have already whipped out the abacus to keep track of how many times it will be said or inferred I am a racist for daring to ask such a CRAZY question...

Let's look at the police shootings of Black Americans over the last five to eight years, particularly those that made national news and/or inspired protests.

What percentage of those shootings would have happened if the guy had simply, immediately and fully followed police orders, like you and I would have? If they had not resisted arrest to some degree?

Addressing this issue should be done with as much care as addressing the issue of bad cops, no?
Very true but consider the boy in Cleveland shot immediately for playing with a bb gu? Is that how the cops should have handled that?

And the man sitting on the ground with his hands up with his retarded patient and the cop shot him in the butt. Perfect example that somethings wrong

What percent is that?

the core premise of BLM is that the savage negro be allowed to go about his illegal ways without interference from those that would prefer a more legal approach to life.

You just took a reasonable discussion and shit on the floor.

We're done.

Full disclosure: I have already whipped out the abacus to keep track of how many times it will be said or inferred I am a racist for daring to ask such a CRAZY question...

Let's look at the police shootings of Black Americans over the last five to eight years, particularly those that made national news and/or inspired protests.

What percentage of those shootings would have happened if the guy had simply, immediately and fully followed police orders, like you and I would have? If they had not resisted arrest to some degree?

Addressing this issue should be done with as much care as addressing the issue of bad cops, no?

2 seconds is not enough time to follow any orders

And your vote is...?

What about the cops shooting that kid in Cleveland? Sure he shouldn't have been waving around a gun but who agrees with the cop who just got out and shot him dead?

And your vote is...?

What about the cops shooting that kid in Cleveland? Sure he shouldn't have been waving around a gun but who agrees with the cop who just got out and shot him dead?

And your vote is...?

In the cop's defense, he was a big, scary black 12 yr old.

I say we get rid of these money grubbing no good unions. Lets do it conservatives, get rid of those corrupt police unions.

almost 0%......duh......and whats become very clear though all of this is that progressives have no clue about the rules of engagement by police with respect to training. Now we even are getting the social engineering going on with that......these people are mental cases.

Simple message needs to be amplified in the black communities: "HANDS UP OR YOU'LL GET YOUR HAT KNOCKED OFF s0n!!"

PS.....how stoopid is Bulldogs comment ( see vid above )......the kid was holding a handgun!!:ack-1:. Tragic for sure but hey.......chalk it up to parentfAiL

And Anathema is spot on accurate........how many times do we see the rap sheet of these savages and it is about 40 pages long? C'mon......:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::bye1:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back