POLL: Kool Aid

Poll: ever heard of Kool Aid as a racial stereotype?

• Yes, I heard of this before the Brian Kilmeade comment

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • No, I never heard of this befor the Brian Kilmeade comment

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many people have to hear about this to qualify for your "widely known" label?
Most people. Otherwise you are just nitpicking and making an issue out of something that is not an issue.

What is number qualifies as "most people"?

Are you fucking serious? I'm not going to play this ridiculous game. You are being disingenuous. It is common knowledge that a stereotype is something that the culture, the whole culture, recognizes and understands. You are trying to make something a fact when it isn't. It is not a fact that the American culture, as a whole, recognizes and understands any stereotype linking African Americans to Kool-Aid. End of. I'm disgusted by this attempt to pretend otherwise.

Stereotypes of African Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

" African Americans are often portrayed as violent, lazy and very religious. They also are portrayed as having a love of fried chicken,watermelon, corn bread, Kool-Aid, waffles, sweet tea, and grape drink.["

I was going to post that but its clear that they come from the mindset that things only exist if they've heard about it before. The fact that there are websites, pictures and links to those things they never heard of doesnt matter.

To them it doesnt exist until they accept that it does

Just a hunch. I'm guessing that you've heard of it before.

take this hunch

who gives a fuck

You sure talk a lot for a non-voter who doesn't see 'Pineapple' and then just whines about it.

All that work typing out nine letters. And for what. FOR WHAT?? :(

last time i checked this is a public board

dont like too bad

this is one of the dumbest polls ever on this board

Everybody else uses it to vote. You whine. Want some cheese too?

maybe but this is the dumbest poll to date move on to your next race baiting thread

There's no "race baiting" here. Maybe you should work on reading the English language instead of making all your posts look like freaking haiku.

No look, Kool Aid and Chicken is a stereotype of blacks.

Now maybe you dont believe thats true but you believing something has no effect on its existence. Like I said, Fried Chicken everyone eats...Why its a black stereotype? IDK
A stereotype is about things unique or far more common among one group than any other group.

Every white or black family I have ever known eats fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cornbread, fried okra, and watermelon. These are traditional Southern foods.

Maybe these are black sterotype up north where northerners associate this with blacks as blacks that migrated up from the South are the main group that has these food choices, I dont know, but you and the other libtards have utterly failed to present any evidence or reason to back up your ludicrous claims on this topic.

How many people have to hear about this to qualify for your "widely known" label?
Most people. Otherwise you are just nitpicking and making an issue out of something that is not an issue.

Are you fucking serious? I'm not going to play this ridiculous game. You are being disingenuous. It is common knowledge that a stereotype is something that the culture, the whole culture, recognizes and understands. You are trying to make something a fact when it isn't. It is not a fact that the American culture, as a whole, recognizes and understands any stereotype linking African Americans to Kool-Aid. End of. I'm disgusted by this attempt to pretend otherwise.

" African Americans are often portrayed as violent, lazy and very religious. They also are portrayed as having a love of fried chicken,watermelon, corn bread, Kool-Aid, waffles, sweet tea, and grape drink.["

I was going to post that but its clear that they come from the mindset that things only exist if they've heard about it before. The fact that there are websites, pictures and links to those things they never heard of doesnt matter.

No, people dont believe that something is true if they have never seen it or anything like it and they have only heard about it through ideologues like you.

As has been noted over and over and over and over ---- if you're going to fling a slur, it's imperative that both the slurrer and the sluree understand what it means. Without both, it cannot work. It's like an argument --- it takes two, not one.

I keep pointing that out, and you keep ignoring it.

Last edited:

The fuck it is you racist prick.

You're just spewing your racism in hopes of political gain. Watermelon and fried chicken are a stereotype - a piss poor one at that - but Kool-Aid has NEVER been associated with a particular race. Every kids birthday party for the last 50 years had Kool-Aid served, White, Mexican, Black, or other.

This is just more of the race hatred of you filthy leftists oozing out of the sewer.

Now maybe you dont believe thats true but you believing something has no effect on its existence. Like I said, Fried Chicken everyone eats...Why its a black stereotype? IDK

Birth of a Nation.

Fucking waffles is racist...SOB!

Food cant be racist, you dont have to do this dumb act....it seems like its contagious
Why would waffles be a insult to black people? I love me some waffle house.

Koolaid isn't racist.
unless you are white and say it around a liberal.

You guys are really trying hard to pretend that you dont get it.
Why would kool aid be racist when most of the kids in my generation grew up on it? White , black, asian , native american. Sounds to me like this kool aid racist crap is a new thing

Now thats how you do it. Ask questions and more importantly accept the answers. For some reason Kool Aid and blacks have been a stereotype for a while now. You ask why even tho all kids eat it which is a fair question. The same reasons why everyone likes fried chicken but for some reason its a black stereotype also.

When did it start? IDK but its not new.
I agree with the chicken and watermelon thing, but I never knew about the kool aid deal until recently. I dont know or care if Brian did it on purpose or not, but I tend to think he did not even know it could be construed as racist. Funny my navy buddy (who is black) never had a problem when his kids came over for birthday parties and we served kool aid and cake.

Why would he. He was your buddy and you didn't serve it to make a point.

A stereotype is about things unique or far more common among one group than any other group.

Every white or black family I have ever known eats fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cornbread, fried okra, and watermelon. These are traditional Southern foods.

ME TOO! Which is why I dont understand how its a black thing. But it is a stereotype regardless.

Maybe these are black sterotype up north where northerners associate this with blacks as blacks that migrated up from the South are the main group that has these food choices, I dont know, but you and the other libtards have utterly failed to present any evidence or reason to back up your ludicrous claims on this topic.

Well since you only consider what you believe already to be proof I cant provide anything unless you give me a clue. I've included links, pics etc and those have all been dismissed

So I'll ask you then, what could I post that would show you that it is a stereotype?

Waffles now? :wtf:

Seriously -- waffles?
ummm.gif

Who comes up with this shit?

That doesnt change the fact that its a stereotype. Matter of fact none of that changes the fact its a stereotype.

Food cant be racist, you dont have to do this dumb act....it seems like its contagious
Why would waffles be a insult to black people? I love me some waffle ghouse.

The same reason fried chicken is...It was started by some racist fucks and it caught on

Waffles now? :wtf:

Seriously -- waffles?

Who comes up with this shit?
We're talking about racists. It doesnt have to make sense. As a matter of fact the lack of sense is a prerequisite.

To anyone who doesnt know the Kool Aid stereotype is there one piece of information that I can provide to show you this is an actual thing?

I should have been born black, I love Fried Chicken, watermelon, sweet tea, kool aid, waffles and I dont get a chance to be offended by some ignorant white cracker saying those words around me...SOB!

Forum List

Back