Polygamists to be allowed to legally marry soon

Your back story is in no Bible.
Understanding what happens in the Bible, comes from reading the Bible. Understanding the Bible. Understanding the Law, the Torah. Then one can understand what the Pharisees should have been doing, and then ultimately recognizing what they were doing wrong. Understanding that, helps one understand Jesus criticism of their ways. Which helps one understand why they wanted him out of the way.It’s not a “back story. It’s explanation of THE story. And one has to understand it from the beginning…

Understanding what happens in the Bible, comes from reading the Bible. Understanding the Bible. Understanding the Law, the Torah. Then one can understand what the Pharisees should have been doing, and then ultimately recognizing what they were doing wrong. Understanding that, helps one understand Jesus criticism of their ways. Which helps one understand why they wanted him out of the way.It’s not a “back story. It’s explanation of THE story. And one has to understand it from the beginning…

Jesus did not condemn them for not giving her a "fair" trial.

Jesus did not condemn them for not giving her a "fair" trial.
Did he not “threaten” to? Hmmm? Reread the account. What do you suppose he wrote on the ground before them? While it never explicitly says… After seeing it they dismissed their charade, and walked away without another word. They were in violation of the law, and they knew it, it stands to reason that Jesus was possibly putting them on notice that he knew it too, and could prove it. And they knew that too.
Otherwise; they could just as well continued on as they wished…

Last edited:
As long as all involved are consenting adults, more power to them. I don't think the government should have any say in whether or not consenting adults are allowed to marry or not.

As long as all involved are consenting adults, more power to them. I don't think the government should have any say in whether or not consenting adults are allowed to marry or not.
So anyone should be allowed to marry a parent or a sibling?

So anyone should be allowed to marry a parent or a sibling?
I don't really care what they do, as long as it only involves consenting adults. I would restrict any close relative when it comes to having children though, since of the dangers of inbreeding, No reason to bring a child into the world that would suffer fo the choices of their parents.

But since marriage doesn't REQUIRE having children together, sure, let them get married. It doesn't effect me.

Forum List

Back