Pope wants to change the Lord's Prayer.

So you want God to take away free will?
Weird.
How did you come to that silly conclusion?

Read your own post dumb ass.
I didn't just read it...I wrote the thing.
Now, what I'm seeing is you making an assumption out of prejudice.

Of course you are. I've read some of your posts. You often see lots of things that just aren't there.
Well, since I haven't had the time to tell you everything about me I think you're coming to some false conclusions.
I mean really, this discussion is just about as silly as they come.
You think you can read my mind, and I'm laughing about it.

Don't need to know everything about you to see that you often see things that don't exist. Your frequent posts show that.

This is unbelievable. Who does he think he is? It's fine just the way it is. What do you think?

Pope seeks to alter Our Lord's prayer - Vanguard News
The verse goes like this, " He leads us not, into temptation, but delivers us from". All it is saying that God doesn't tempts us, but He stops the powers of temptation from overcoming us. It is how the way the Old English translators speaks in those times. Like Williams Shakespeare's plays.
But we must go through the fire to see what our hearts truly desires. Whatever we desires tells us what kinda souls we truly are. Our hearts tells no lies.

Luke 22:31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

Matthew 4:3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

1 Thessalonians 3:5 For this reason, when I could stand it no longer, I sent to find out about your faith. I was afraid that in some way the tempter had tempted you and that our labors might have been in vain.

James 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

2 Corinthians 3:15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.

2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.

Isaiah 47:3 Your nakedness will be exposed and your shame uncovered. I will take vengeance; I will spare no one.”

Weird.
How did you come to that silly conclusion?

Read your own post dumb ass.
I didn't just read it...I wrote the thing.
Now, what I'm seeing is you making an assumption out of prejudice.

Of course you are. I've read some of your posts. You often see lots of things that just aren't there.
Well, since I haven't had the time to tell you everything about me I think you're coming to some false conclusions.
I mean really, this discussion is just about as silly as they come.
You think you can read my mind, and I'm laughing about it.

Don't need to know everything about you to see that you often see things that don't exist. Your frequent posts show that.
How ironic.....because it's apparent you're seeing things in my posts that don't exist.

The word temptation can also refer to trials. God will not test us beyond our ability in Christ to bear it and will always provide a way out. But God sometimes subjects us to trials that may expose us to Satan’s assaults for His own purposes,
Ive always thought of it bieng said from the believers pov asking we dont get tempted beyond what we can handle. Thats a promise from God that he wouldn't, and will always give us a means to flee but we have to walk in his ways and sometimes thats hard.
I kind of see the popes point, but sometimes tweeking the translations will change the meaning. He needs to leave it alone imo

This is unbelievable. Who does he think he is? It's fine just the way it is. What do you think?

It has already been changed

13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.”
For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;
14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away
by their evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived,
it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

James 1:13-15

13 No temptation has overtaken you
except what is common to mankind.
And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted
beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted
He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

1 Corinthians 10:13

It isn't a good translation...
for years I have rearranged the words, and say,
"keep me from giving into temptation"
" give me strength to resist temptation"
and, "deliver me from the evil one"

It makes no sense, whatsoever,
that Jesus would say anything remotely similar,
when reciting this prayer to the Apostles.

We don't need to ask Him, in prayer,
not to lead us into temptation,
because His Word already let's us know,
He doesn't tempt anyone, we are tempted
by our own desires...it's on us, not Him

An Argentine bar bouncer from Buenos Aires named Jorge, wearing a Jewish cap, setting the rules for millions of illiterate idiots who can't read for themselves and stealing everything within reach who go to see a pedo every week to be forgiven for having sex with their brothers wife. Catholicism. Gotta love it.

It is not so much a change to the Lord's Prayer as it is trying to get the English to align with what Jesus actually said. Jesus' actual words were Aramaic, so we don't know what the actual Aramaic words were. We know the Greek. In English, the Greek got translated into "lead us not." In Spanish, Italian (and other languages) they were more closely translated as "let not us fall" (or words to that effect). Recall that two of the languages this Pope speaks are Italian and Spanish. "Lead us not" probably sounds as strange to him as "let not us fall" may sound to us.
Words attributed to Jesus were written several generations after the facts. So "what Jesus said" is speculative.

He isn't trying to change the prayer, just correct the translation. I have no inherent issue with that I just don't accept his authority to do it

"God, someone wants to change the Lord's prayer, he is a heathen isn't he?"
"My son, you allowed 6 million of your brothers to be gassed to death in the 1940's, 2 million to die in the killing fields in the1970's, tens of thousands to be slaughtered in the Balkans, and a million to be hacked to death in Rwanda. But you are outraged at what someone says and are asking me what I think about it? I think I need to take the flood idea out of mothballs, holy shit."
bb18dae75aebf8740b6568b4fa88069c--funny-shit-funny-pics.jpg

Merry Christmas!!!

Hey man, thinking!! Not allowed in this venue.

Do you ever find a venue you a permitted to think in?

The weird thing about that, as John Crossan once wrote, is that Jesus sitting at God's right hand means that God is sitting at Jesus' left hand!

If we picture a throne, the "right hand" signifies where the power is. Because it is the throne that is the place of orientation, God cannot be said to be sitting at the left hand of Jesus because Jesus is not on the throne.

Another Biblical passage tells us of God marching at the right hand of man. He was the strength of the warriors.

Forum List

Back