Possible Causes and Solutions to the California Drought

Dried dung.

There's your answer to America's energy future.

Collect it nightly from each state legislature and ship it by rail to California where it can be laid out trackside and dried in the sun. Hey, they don't get rain anymore and there's all that sunshine going to waste.

Solar panels are expensive, have to be cleaned and have a relatively short life expectancy. Dung is cheap, plentiful, renewable.....in short, the perfect fuel.

Might even provide enough rental revenue from the drying sites to finance one-way tickets to send every "not native born" resident back whence they came.

Big piles of shit drying in the California sun. I think I feel a song coming on.

Because scientists are over educated and live off their degrees. They are so lazy, they won't to live from free money from the government. They don't add anything to the country. .

HAHAHA. You think computers and cars and cell phones were designed by liberals with degrees in sociology?

Scientists and engineers gave us this amazing hi-tech world we live in. THINK

A twistedly-funny thought just occurred to me: Los Angeles is destroying the United States! Why does that come as no shock to me? :lmao: That's where Hollywood is also..
I'm curious. How many billions of dollars does Hollywood bring into the country? More than many Red States?
How much money in agriculture does California bring in for itself and for strategic food trade on the world market?

Hollywood doesn't have to skip a step. It can turn to desalination to fill its reservoirs. PLENTY of sunshine over there and PLENTY of ocean water to distil.

it works in the mid east. the environmentalists in Cal must not like abusing the ocean by desalinating it.

I wonder if it had occurred to any of you retards that desalinization is very expensive, it requires a lot of energy. The Navy usually does it with nuclear reactors.

sure its expensive and takes a lot of power. How about using the power from that solar panel farm in the Cal desert?---------------oh, thats right, it was never built because the envirowackos said it might endanger a lizard.

Liberals--------------save the lizards, screw the humans.

You don't even begin to know what you're talking about, so why do you bother posting on a public forum?

Dried dung.

Collect it nightly from each state legislature and ship it by rail to California where it can be laid out trackside and dried in the sun. Hey, they don't get rain anymore and there's all that sunshine going to waste.

Solar panels are expensive, have to be cleaned and have a relatively short life expectancy. Dung is cheap, plentiful, renewable.....in short, the perfect fuel.

Might even provide enough rental revenue from the drying sites to finance one-way tickets to send every "not native born" resident back whence they came.

Big piles of shit drying in the California sun. I think I feel a song coming on.

"Anything But Solar Thermal" could be the name of that song.. :cuckoo:

This is about a desalinization plant being built near San Diego

Nation's largest ocean desalination plant goes up near San Diego; Future of the California coast? @ Nation s largest ocean desalination plant goes up near San Diego Future of the California coast - San Jose Mercury News

There's another being built in Baja near Ensenada which will also provide fresh water to the San Diego area - and it's costing a lot less to build than the California one.
We were already talking about the San Diego one and are now on the topic of how it uses reverse osmosis which uses tons of energy to do...vs solar thermal fresnel technology which uses a zillionth that reverse osmosis does. And the topic has veered onto how the plant in San Diego is like Solyndra: engineered to fail on purpose "being too expensive to run". Big Energy wants to tap this desalination trend. And they can't put a meter on a fresnel lens that concentrates sunshine to boil/evaporate water to distil into fresh.

I suggest we bypass all the bullshit and do what the Romans always did: SOLVE THE FRIGGIN PROBLEM in the most efficient way as quickly as possible, turning a deaf ear to the tiresome clamor of big industry trying to profit off of California's immediate emergency..

I'm curious. How many billions of dollars does Hollywood bring into the country? More than many Red States?
How much money in agriculture does California bring in for itself and for strategic food trade on the world market?

Hollywood doesn't have to skip a step. It can turn to desalination to fill its reservoirs. PLENTY of sunshine over there and PLENTY of ocean water to distil.

it works in the mid east. the environmentalists in Cal must not like abusing the ocean by desalinating it.

I wonder if it had occurred to any of you retards that desalinization is very expensive, it requires a lot of energy. The Navy usually does it with nuclear reactors.

sure its expensive and takes a lot of power. How about using the power from that solar panel farm in the Cal desert?---------------oh, thats right, it was never built because the envirowackos said it might endanger a lizard.

Liberals--------------save the lizards, screw the humans.

You don't even begin to know what you're talking about, so why do you bother posting on a public forum?

every word in my post is true. sorry if the truth offends you

Dried dung.

"Anything But Solar Thermal" could be the name of that song.. :cuckoo:

to the tune of " I fought the law and the law won" shit piles drying in the cal sun, we sent the shit and libs won.

If all industry in California were to shut down the water problem would still not be solved.

Not until all the unemployed exhausted their benefits and moved to other states where they might find work.

Then there'd be plenty of water for the few who remained.

If all industry in California were to shut down the water problem would still not be solved.

Not until all the unemployed exhausted their benefits and moved to other states where they might find work.

Then there'd be plenty of water for the few who remained.
If the ag industry shut down in California (that's what's most at stake here folks), it wouldn't just be California's problem....

A twistedly-funny thought just occurred to me: Los Angeles is destroying the United States! Why does that come as no shock to me? :lmao: That's where Hollywood is also..

You won't think it's so funny when the price of food skyrockets this year.

You can all thank the anti-science shit-heal Chairman of the EPW Senate Committee -- Jim Inhofe - fuckface.

Because scientists are over educated and live off their degrees. They are so lazy, they won't to live from free money from the government. They don't add anything to the country. Ask any Republican at the USMB. They'll tell you.

Scientists don't add anything to the country? Really? :lmao: Most of the scientists/tinkerers I've known have been living on the edge financially. They do seek grants. You're being sarcastic, right?
Some how you have attached someone else's post to my name.........................

How so.................Please post my original of that please.........

It happens sometimes. Especially when some posters break up other quotes and respond to each part of it and numerous others.

I'm a huge fan of the drought. There's already 40 million people in California. More water means more development. This drought is the planet's way of saying there's enough people here. It's been another non-stop beautiful winter.

"Through studies of tree rings, sediment and other natural evidence, researchers have documented multiple droughts in California that lasted 10 or 20 years in a row during the past 1,000 years -- compared to the mere three-year duration of the current dry spell. The two most severe megadroughts make the Dust Bowl of the 1930s look tame: a 240-year-long drought that started in 850 and, 50 years after the conclusion of that one, another that stretched at least 180 years."
California drought Past dry periods have lasted more than 200 years scientists say - San Jose Mercury News

I'm a huge fan of the drought. There's already 40 million people in California. More water means more development. This drought is the planet's way of saying there's enough people here. It's been another non-stop beautiful winter.

"Through studies of tree rings, sediment and other natural evidence, researchers have documented multiple droughts in California that lasted 10 or 20 years in a row during the past 1,000 years -- compared to the mere three-year duration of the current dry spell. The two most severe megadroughts make the Dust Bowl of the 1930s look tame: a 240-year-long drought that started in 850 and, 50 years after the conclusion of that one, another that stretched at least 180 years."
California drought Past dry periods have lasted more than 200 years scientists say - San Jose Mercury News
There is no Winter in California. I think that's what they're saying is the problem. All sunshine all the time...what is that called again?.. Oh, right, that's called a desert proper. Hard to grow the world's food supply in a desert with no water.

While California is touted as a great agricultural state, few know that the vast majority of fruit and produce entering the SW US comes from - wait for it - MEXICO!!!!!

While California is touted as a great agricultural state, few know that the vast majority of fruit and produce entering the SW US comes from - wait for it - MEXICO!!!!!
A lot more would come from Mexico if the Colorado River wasn't dammed.

You won't think it's so funny when the price of food skyrockets this year.

No, for sure... perhaps these moonbats in Sacramento should lay off the drugs and come back top reality? They've totally fucked up the whole state with their insane policies.

Forum List

Back