Posters for the jury

Good luck with the project. It might be interesting every now and then to check in and see how you all are progressing.

IF this (or any outlet) streams the trial , then we can take notes on what we see and hear, just as a 'real' juror does during a trial.

We should probably also try to avoid the biased coverage - from either side - as much as possible. Although, I do think that most of those chosen have the ability to dismiss the media spin.

Why don't we gather up a collection so we can actually send you to sit in on the trial?

Are you this fascinated by all murder trials, or is this one special?

How many hours a week are you going to devote to it? It's a shame you can't get an hourly wage for stirring the pot and guessing based on second and third hand rumors...you'd be rich!

IF this (or any outlet) streams the trial , then we can take notes on what we see and hear, just as a 'real' juror does during a trial.

We should probably also try to avoid the biased coverage - from either side - as much as possible. Although, I do think that most of those chosen have the ability to dismiss the media spin.

Yeah :)

Like paperview, I knew virtually nothing about the Anthony case. I knew was she'd been arrested and that her little girl was found murdered; that's about it, really. I watched some of the trial on that website after hearing others talk about it. I just thought that maybe something like that would give us a chance to see and hear exactly what the jury does, without the media filter (or that of those who'd post the details here).

Why don't we gather up a collection so we can actually send you to sit in on the trial?

How many hours a week are you going to devote to it? It's a shame you can't get an hourly wage for stirring the pot and guessing based on second and third hand rumors...you'd be rich!

[youtube]oWFj1mT8s_k[/youtube]

I realize I neglected to answer your questions.

Excellent idea.

Send me money.

Yes.

How many hours a week are you going to devote to it?
90. The rest of my time is devoted to work and sleep.

It's a shame you can't get an hourly wage for stirring the pot and guessing based on second and third hand rumors...you'd be rich!
Another excellent idea!

Send me money. (don't forget, that's to include 50 hours at time and a half)

I guarantee I do. Yeesh, why are people getting so upset about this?

Can you guys think of any other guideline we would all like to agree to or any edit of the above?

1. If a moderator would agree to it, having someone to clean out way off topic posts and/or troll posts might be valuable in pruning out posts that detract from the central purpose, the examination and evaluation of evidence presented at trial.

2. I mentioned before, in a jury there is a degree of anonymity during the actual voting, would it be possible to setup a separate restricted access thread for just the juror's so votes will not be public until announced? (I guess voting could occur via PM to the "Lead Juror" as an alternative.)

>>>>
While I agree those are great ideas, I think it would be a better idea if we all stick to self-governing and we request no special treatment of or attention to this thread from the staff.

They are busy enough as it is. They don't need any extra moderation duties than they already have, IMO. (That should score me a few suck-up points for the day. ;))

No, seriously, my strong preference is that this group remains self-governing in the purest sense that we can.

But, we can further discuss this if you would like.

Good luck with the project. It might be interesting every now and then to check in and see how you all are progressing.
Sarah? If you have looked at the 12 guidelines posted above (post #167) and you feel that you can stick to them, and unless someone has a strong objection, we can add you as an alternate.

Let's see what others say, but I personally do not have issue with that, as long as you think the 12 guidelines are within your ability.

(I still haven't heard from a few who are already named.)

I realize I neglected to answer your questions.

Excellent idea.

Send me money.

Yes.

How many hours a week are you going to devote to it?
90. The rest of my time is devoted to work and sleep.

It's a shame you can't get an hourly wage for stirring the pot and guessing based on second and third hand rumors...you'd be rich!
Another excellent idea!

Send me money. (don't forget, that's to include 50 hours at time and a half)

DamnedUSMB said:
You must spread your awesome rep power before you slap some on the most deserving Emma again.

:lol:

We've had a lot of participants in the Zimmerman/Martin threads.

If you had to pick a jury panel for the trial, and you are interested in justice, which posters would you want deliberating?

My partial list (in no particular order):

Emma
Paperview
Gawdag
Gadfy
Me :)D)
Uptownliving
Bigreb
Ravi
High_Gravity

That's my list so far.

Which posters do you think would be great on a jury for this case?

Sounds like a good list.

They are busy enough as it is. They don't need any extra moderation duties than they already have, IMO. (That should score me a few suck-up points for the day. ;))

:lol::lol::lol:

Nope just throwing it out there for consideration, actual process will be up to you guys - don't let us busybodies influence you. :D

>>>>

We've had a lot of participants in the Zimmerman/Martin threads.

If you had to pick a jury panel for the trial, and you are interested in justice, which posters would you want deliberating?

My partial list (in no particular order):

Emma
Paperview
Gawdag
Gadfy
Me :)D)
Uptownliving
Bigreb
Ravi
High_Gravity

That's my list so far.

Which posters do you think would be great on a jury for this case?

Sounds like a good list.
The thread has sort of morphed into setting up a mock jury at USMB for the Zimmerman trial.

You in? (see post #167 for what it's about, so far)

Can you guys think of any other guideline we would all like to agree to or any edit of the above?

1. If a moderator would agree to it, having someone to clean out way off topic posts and/or troll posts might be valuable in pruning out posts that detract from the central purpose, the examination and evaluation of evidence presented at trial.

2. I mentioned before, in a jury there is a degree of anonymity during the actual voting, would it be possible to setup a separate restricted access thread for just the juror's so votes will not be public until announced? (I guess voting could occur via PM to the "Lead Juror" as an alternative.)

>>>>
While I agree those are great ideas, I think it would be a better idea if we all stick to self-governing and we request no special treatment of or attention to this thread from the staff.

No, seriously, my strong preference is that this group remains self-governing in the purest sense that we can.

I'm good 100% with your guidelines you posted on page 11 for all of us to agree to. But as far as the troll posts and off topics being removed, I think that's an important part of making this as smooth as possible. You can see it happening already with people getting their panties in a wad just because we decided to do this. Do we have anyone with mod capabilities on our juror list?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back