Practicing religion without force

Sure it is.

Are you trying to hurt my feelings when you won't respond to me or am I on ignore, how would someone know if they are on an ignore list here anyway?
I am not purposely ignoring you. I may have missed your post. I don't know you. I'm certainly not trying to hurt you in any way.

My computer is acting up. I see that you put a link to a book and I wasn't able to open the link. Is your point that I was offended because I'm offensive? I have no comment on that. You're welcome to think that.

The word Buddha means "the Enlightened One" and the practice is that one shouldn't look outward but should look inward for awareness and realization. Yet you choose to pass on some constructive criticism and totally ignore the suggestion of possible inner understanding: Bruised But Not Broken: Hidden scars - the shattering effects of unforgiveness . Which clearly suggests you either think you have all the answers or don't care to explore what others clearly can see. Not very Buddha of you

The point was you are often offended, but fail to see or even justify when others say you are being offensive. You didn't hurt me - I was being factitious, but that doesn't mean your smugness isn't offensive behavior.

If I had just posted the book title would have been so closed minded?

You're assuming I'm close minded because I didn't look into your link yesterday. I told you I was having computer problems. You're welcome to think whatever you want about my posts.

Take care

sky

But then, you have a slanted view of things. Your perceptions are never accurate.

My perceptions are my perceptions. If I had insinuated that YOUR path of Christianity is invalid, YOU would have come unglued. That's my point.

I know we don't see eye to eye. I used to think we were friends inspite of that.

Christians get told that all the time, yet I don't run around saying how 'hurt' I am over it. It's a fact of life that people are not nice, you can run around your entire life being 'offended' or you can be confident in yourself and your beliefs and what others say about things close to your heart are then meaningless. Or, this is just all about getting attention and pity, which is a different ballgame altogether.

So we have that in common. Christians get told their perceptions are inaccurate and so do Buddhists.

There was ONE post that I objected to by Marie and she and I have worked that out. You continue to want to keep an argument going.

Can we get back to the topic please?

Are you kidding? Do you read any other forums on this site?

Christians get told the Christianity is based on nothing but myth and so many other things all the time on this site. Much, much, much more so than Buddhists do. All you need to do is read some of the left wing fanatics that post here and you will find it happening all the time. In fact, a very good place to start might be any of the hundreds of threads on evolution.

I suppose most of us have just learned to deal with it rather than get too upset about it.

Immie

Yes, I see some of the posts that say that Christianity is nothing but myth. I don't post on the evolution thread because I'm not interested in creation theology.

My point is this. If I had done to Marie what she did to me in that post, folks here would have been ALL OVER ME.

Bullshit.

No, I don't think it is. Some people think I talk too much about Buddhism and they perceive that as proselytizing. Even you thought I was preaching when I posted a poem about Jesus written by a Christian writer I enjoy. I was surprised because I thought Christians would enjoy it too, not be as offended as you were.

If I tried to convert ANYONE here to Buddhism the Christian posters would be up in arms and I would hear about it plenty. Especially if the Christian I was trying to convert indicated hurt and offensive and I blew them off the way you blew me off. Why? Because Christianity is the majority religion in America, and Christians seem to feel that any non-christian questioning their beliefs or political activities are 'bashing' Christians.

Let's get back to the topic. This whole issue is not about me and marie, because we worked it out days ago. It's about your personal problem with me.

That's the kind of the thing best worked out off the public boards.

See ya.

Sky

Last edited:
Sure it is.

Are you trying to hurt my feelings when you won't respond to me or am I on ignore, how would someone know if they are on an ignore list here anyway?
I am not purposely ignoring you. I may have missed your post. I don't know you. I'm certainly not trying to hurt you in any way.

My computer is acting up. I see that you put a link to a book and I wasn't able to open the link. Is your point that I was offended because I'm offensive? I have no comment on that. You're welcome to think that.

The word Buddha means "the Enlightened One" and the practice is that one shouldn't look outward but should look inward for awareness and realization. Yet you choose to pass on some constructive criticism and totally ignore the suggestion of possible inner understanding: Bruised But Not Broken: Hidden scars - the shattering effects of unforgiveness . Which clearly suggests you either think you have all the answers or don't care to explore what others clearly can see. Not very Buddha of you

The point was you are often offended, but fail to see or even justify when others say you are being offensive. You didn't hurt me - I was being factitious, but that doesn't mean your smugness isn't offensive behavior.

You're assuming I'm close minded because I didn't look into your link yesterday. I told you I was having computer problems. You're welcome to think whatever you want about my posts.

Take care

sky
No.

Every post to me you end with the blow off You're welcome to think whatever you want

I am not assuming you're closed minded, I am observing it.

I think you need to toughen up a bit sky, and not take things so personally. This is a message board...and a rough one at that.

The point neyby and i both make to you is that if you dish it you also need to take it.

I take your point about reacting to posts.

As for 'toughening up' I'm not interested in getting to the point where foul language, insults, harshness are a habit for me. I will quit the forum before that happens to me.

Don't speak for Newby. Let's keep things straight between you and me. Newby and I are another relationship altogether. OK?

Yet, Marie used none of those things, she was very respectful and very kind. Being 'offended' or 'upset' with what she said was not a reasonable reaction, that's my opinion. And as you've stated many times throughout this thread, we are all welcome to express our opinions, aren't we?

You're welcome to consider my feelings as unreasonable. Marie did not and apologized to me. I agree she is respectful and kind. We're friends.

Honestly, the opinions we ought to be expressing on this thread should be the topic, not ad hominem.

Once again I ask you to return to the topic, drop your problem with me or work it out privately. I'm ready to drop this. If you want to hold a grudge against me there is nothing I can do about that.

Bye.

Last edited:

Take care

sky
No.

Every post to me you end with the blow off You're welcome to think whatever you want

Let's see if I get this right. You're not interested in discussing the topic of the thread. For that you call me close minded?

You're off topic with that book.

I think you need to toughen up a bit sky, and not take things so personally. This is a message board...and a rough one at that.

The point neyby and i both make to you is that if you dish it you also need to take it.

As for 'toughening up' I'm not interested in getting to the point where foul language, insults, harshness are a habit for me. I will quit the forum before that happens to me.

Don't speak for Newby. Let's keep things straight between you and me. Newby and I are another relationship altogether. OK?

Yet, Marie used none of those things, she was very respectful and very kind. Being 'offended' or 'upset' with what she said was not a reasonable reaction, that's my opinion. And as you've stated many times throughout this thread, we are all welcome to express our opinions, aren't we?

You're welcome to your opinion. Your opinion is I had no right to my feelings and that my feeling are unreasonable. I understand that's how you see it. I don't know what else you need from me to finish this subject. I'm done with it, myself. Marie and I are fine. If you have a personal problem with me I suggest you work it out with me privately, drop it and move on, or put me on ignore. I don't hold grudges. My feelings arose in response to Marie's post, I expressed them, Marie heard me and apologized, we're good. You're not. You're still stuck on this.

Can we get back to the topic.

You're welcome to consider my feelings as unreasonable. Marie did not and apologized to me. I agree she is respectful and kind. We're friends.

Honestly, the opinions we ought to be expressing on this thread should be the topic, not ad hominem.

Once again I ask you to return to the topic, drop your problem with me or work it out privately. I'm ready to drop this. If you want to hold a grudge against me there is nothing I can do about that.

Bye.

She apologized to you because she is a nice person, she exemplified her Christian beliefs. Perhaps you should be offended by that as well? :eek:

You're welcome to your opinion. Your opinion is I had no right to my feelings and that my feeling are unreasonable. I understand that's how you see it. I don't know what else you need from me to finish this subject. I'm done with it, myself. Marie and I are fine. If you have a personal problem with me I suggest you work it out with me privately, drop it and move on, or put me on ignore. I don't hold grudges. My feelings arose in response to Marie's post, I expressed them, Marie heard me and apologized, we're good. You're not. You're still stuck on this.

I hold no grudge, and I know that you will never admit that you were wrong. But, life goes on.

Did i say you have no right to your feelings? And for someone who is a counselor...i am surprised you did not know what a Freudian slip was and or recognize one when it occurred.

No. You didn't say that. Newby did. Newby said I had no right to feel hurt or offended and then started polling other posters to see if they would all agree I had no right to feel hurt.

Okay, Sky, so now we have the bottom line. Should anyone care if you feel hurt then when as Allie said, you 'feel hurt' at the drop of a hat. Any reasonable/normal person would not have been offended or hurt by that post since there was absolutely nothing hurtful or offensive about it. And if you say that I'm insinuating that you're not 'normal' or 'reasonable', then you would be correct. And I'm sure you'll be 'hurt' by that as well, but I have a right to express my feelings, just as you do, don't I? So, the bottom line is that anyone should be able to post whatever they want to express, and if you're 'hurt' by it, too bad, especially whenever what is accepted as 'reasonable' by most is judged 'offensive' by you.

Marie cared enough about my feelings to apologize and we got over it very fast. I knew she meant me no harm, yet I still felt hurt by her post. It's gone now. I don't feel hurt or offended. I've gotten over this, why can't you?

You've just called me two names: 'abnormal and unreasonable'. I don't do name calling.

You are free to post whatever you think and feel the same way I am. From now on, I will post to people who are on topic, courteous and not engaging in name calling.

See ya.

Yes, I see some of the posts that say that Christianity is nothing but myth. I don't post on the evolution thread because I'm not interested in creation theology.

My point is this. If I had done to Marie what she did to me in that post, folks here would have been ALL OVER ME.

Bullshit.

No, I don't think it is. Some people think I talk too much about Buddhism and they perceive that as proselytizing. Even you thought I was preaching when I posted a poem about Jesus written by a Christian writer I enjoy. I was surprised because I thought Christians would enjoy it too, not be as offended as you were.

If I tried to convert ANYONE here to Buddhism the Christian posters would be up in arms and I would hear about it plenty. Especially if the Christian I was trying to convert indicated hurt and offensive and I blew them off the way you blew me off. Why? Because Christianity is the majority religion in America, and Christians seem to feel that any non-christian questioning their beliefs or political activities are 'bashing' Christians.

Let's get back to the topic. This whole issue is not about me and marie, because we worked it out days ago. It's about your personal problem with me.

See ya.

Sky

That was sarcasm Sky, meant to show how ridiculous your being 'offended' by something that wasn't remotely offensive is.

I hold no grudge, and I know that you will never admit that you were wrong. But, life goes on.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. Marie and I had a misunderstanding which we cleared up.

Can we drop this and move on?

No. You didn't say that. Newby did. Newby said I had no right to feel hurt or offended and then started polling other posters to see if they would all agree I had no right to feel hurt.

Okay, Sky, so now we have the bottom line. Should anyone care if you feel hurt then when as Allie said, you 'feel hurt' at the drop of a hat. Any reasonable/normal person would not have been offended or hurt by that post since there was absolutely nothing hurtful or offensive about it. And if you say that I'm insinuating that you're not 'normal' or 'reasonable', then you would be correct. And I'm sure you'll be 'hurt' by that as well, but I have a right to express my feelings, just as you do, don't I? So, the bottom line is that anyone should be able to post whatever they want to express, and if you're 'hurt' by it, too bad, especially whenever what is accepted as 'reasonable' by most is judged 'offensive' by you.

Marie cared enough about my feelings to apologize and we got over it very fast. I knew she meant me no harm, yet I still felt hurt by her post. It's gone now. I don't feel hurt or offended. I've gotten over this, why can't you?

You've just called me two names: 'abnormal and unreasonable'. I don't do name calling.

You are free to post whatever you think and feel the same way I am. From now on, I will post to people who are on topic, courteous and not engaging in name calling.

See ya.

No, that's stating my opinion on your stance of being offended, it has nothing to do with name calling. But, I know that you define things as you wish, even if those definitions don't line up with reality.

Bullshit.

See ya.

Sky

That was sarcasm Sky, meant to show how ridiculous your being 'offended' by something that wasn't remotely offensive is.

My feeling of being offended was short lived. It arose, I expressed it, Marie and I worked it out, I dropped it.

Your reaction to my feelings has been going on for days. Which of us is being ridiculous?

See ya.

No, that's stating my opinion on your stance of being offended, it has nothing to do with name calling. But, I know that you define things as you wish, even if those definitions don't line up with reality.

What's curious is why you aren't challenging my post itself since it set off a chain reaction for you.

I am over this. What's it going to take for you to move on?

This is a juicy subject and I'd like to get back to it.

Bye.

She apologized to you because she is a nice person, she exemplified her Christian beliefs. Perhaps you should be offended by that as well? :eek:

Marie is a sensitive person and she cares about other peoples feelings. She does not intend to be hurtful. I feel she has wonderful qualities which obviously arise in her from her Christian beliefs.

I am not offended by that. Don't continue to look for offense in every post of mine just because I expressed it once.

Please drop this vendetta.

Last edited:

Take care

sky
No.

Let's see if I get this right. You're not interested in discussing the topic of the thread. For that you call me close minded?

You're off topic with that book.
Wrong, the book was very Zen. As was my post a few back.

You started a thread to seek affirmation for what you mistook as a brilliant thought. Almost immediately was made clear that Practicing religion without force was a misnomer as you were addressing it.

What you succeeded in doing was letting your baggage bog down the thread and cry foul each and everytime that was addressed.

Most posts were designed to be of help some were snarky true, but that aside you only are open to what you want to hear.

Again, not very Buddhist

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you?

Forum List

Back