Prepare for gun grabber tears.... Senate anti-gun proposals don't seem to give them what they wanted.....good....I hope it stays that way...

Senate announces bipartisan framework for gun control package

Nothing I see in here I can't live with...so far...

"The proposal includes initiatives to support state crisis intervention orders; a national expansion of mental health services for children and families; expanding mental health programs in schools; enhanced review process for gun buyers under the age of 21; penalties for straw purchases; additional funding for school resource officers. "

Senate announces bipartisan framework for gun control package

Nothing I see in here I can't live with...so far...

"The proposal includes initiatives to support state crisis intervention orders; a national expansion of mental health services for children and families; expanding mental health programs in schools; enhanced review process for gun buyers under the age of 21; penalties for straw purchases; additional funding for school resource officers. "
Still kind of nebulous until we see the bill, submitted to the record and referred to committee. I would "enhance" the under 21 review on AR purchase to preclude it until 21, just like gun store requirements for handguns.

The proposal includes initiatives to support state crisis intervention orders.

That's just code for Red Flag Laws.....I have to see what the adjudication part looks like. Who has the say about the taking of a person's weapons?

A mental heath professional in conjunction with a court proceeding sure, some social worker or cop going on their gut in front of a magistrate.....No fuckin' way.

Liberals are correct to ridicule the notion that civilians are entitled to defend themselves from an ‘out-of-control’ government because there’s nothing in the history, text, or case law of he Second Amendment that authorizes insurrectionist dogma, regardless the weapon.

And AR 15s are indeed weapons of war – that AR 15s are useless in ‘overthrowing’ a government incorrectly perceived to have become ‘tyrannical’ doesn’t change that fact.
That doublespeak proves that you are a goodthinker, comrade.

From NPR, which does not charge for information, being government funded:

The proposal, which has not been written into legislative text, includes money to encourage states to pass and implement so-called "red flag" laws to remove guns from potentially dangerous people, money for school safety and mental health resources, expanded background checks for gun purchases for people between the ages of 18 and 21 and penalties for illegal straw purchases by convicted criminals.

What a surprise! The bipartisan bill is nothing more than a spending boondogle that will accomplish nothing. Always a winner with both Red and Blue politicians.

BTW, this:

The proposal, which has not been written into legislative text,

means that they want to hype it up now, but will add plenty of pork before final passage, now that followers of the Twoparties have taken the bait and will support it no matter what.

Simple enough

Just answer one question……Who won the 2020 election?
If you're asking if I think dementia man was illegitimately installed after a massive & multi faceted fraud of an election that was both blatant & poorly planned, then the answer is:
Absolutely, Pedo Joe is an illegal & treasonous fraud in a dirty diaper with no real power since he is a simple minded meat puppet for his masters.
One question back....Do you feel this constitutes grounds for declaring me mentally unstable & unfit to own or bear arms as protected by the 2A?

If you're asking if I think dementia man was illegitimately installed after a massive & multi faceted fraud of an election that was both blatant & poorly planned, then the answer is:
Absolutely, Pedo Joe is an illegal & treasonous fraud in a dirty diaper with no real power since he is a simple minded meat puppet for his masters.
One question back....Do you feel this constitutes grounds for declaring me mentally unstable & unfit to own or bear arms as protected by the 2A?

No Guns For You!
Next!

This is the rundown on the " initiatives to support state crisis intervention orders"...

"The proposal would provide resources to states and Native American tribes to create and administer "red flag" measures intended to ensure weapons are kept out of the hands of people whom a court has determined to be a significant danger to themselves or others. These measures would be consistent with state and federal due process and constitutional protections"

I believe it would need to get through the Senate first.
If I can't find anything to bitch about...I doubt it's going to have trouble in the Senate.

It doesn't ban any guns or magazines.

It doesn't expand background checks.

It doesn't create a federal Red Flag Law.

It doesn't repeal the immunity from frivolous laws suits of gun manufacturers.

It DOES enhance penalties for straw purchases.

It DOES expand mental health initiatives.

It DOES expand armed school resource officer funding.

All the things we've been advocating for YEARS.

All I'm seeing is one compromise...the enhanced investigations of 18, 19 and 20 year old firearm purchasers.

I'm not thrilled about that...but that is better than them losing their rights altogether...so...a compromise.

The gun control advocates are getting almost none of what they were demanding. They're the ones that will need convincing.

Still kind of nebulous until we see the bill, submitted to the record and referred to committee. I would "enhance" the under 21 review on AR purchase to preclude it until 21, just like gun store requirements for handguns.
I know.

Advocate for that law in Tennessee at the state level.

Good luck. Let me know how it turns out.

That's not what they are doing.

Moron.

Yeah, it is dumbfuck. If you were native american, as you claim, there is no way you would support ANY type of gun control.

My people have suffered the effects of gun control more than any other on this continent.

Forum List

Back