President Obama forgets to salute.

Based on this quote by Obama, I think he strongly dislikes the military and this was a unconscious slight that nevertheless exhibits his true feelings.
Obama said in 2007 our military were methodically and systematically ALL THE TIME "air-raiding villages and killing civilians". EVERY day.. all the time!
Military took every opportunity to kill civilians.

So why wouldn't he have disrespect for the military? The enemies took the above words and used them to encourage more terrorists to kill more troops.
So what's a dinky salute in the scheme of helping kill more troops by calling them as Kerry did "terrorists"!

What do you think is the problem? The tradition of the salute can be traced as far back as the Roman Empire. If by logic a salute is a sign of respect; a handshake just doesn't cut it, now does it? Our soldiers deserve to know if their Commander in Chief is on their side or not.

Even the smallest things he doesn't do shows how little regard he has for the bigger things. When you shake a man's hand, you're not looking in his eyes. When you salute a man, you can see into his very soul.

Has anyone told you lately what a worthless RW nutbag hack you are?

Because you are.

:)

Uhhh, what? It's interesting how you had nothing productive to say but to troll.

Sorry, you being such a total shithead hack brought it out of me. Couldn't respond any other way, actually.

To further illustrate my point....

He did not salute. He returned however, chatted with the Marine and shook his hand.

The no problem in the first place problem was thus immediately and satisfactorily solved within moments.

I remain ever ready to piss on Obama's reputation for the massive amount of crap he does so poorly.

But I cannot manage to give a half a shit about something this inconsequential.

There's plenty of important material to work with to discuss the ineptitude of Pres. Obama.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even THIS asshole recognizes this as nothing.

:D

I love how everyone (left or right) would love to make a conspiracy out of everything the sitting president does. We have real scandals going on right now, all of equal severity. Not saluting a Marine? I mean come on, what if he farted downwind of a Middle Eastern diplomat?

Give it a rest.

Overall, there are bigger things to worry about. Saluting while important, doesn't contribute to the bigger misdeeds President Obama has perpetrated. It would be nice if he did salute our service members properly, but whatever.

Lets talk about things that really matter.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now he backs away.

Has anyone told you lately what a worthless RW nutbag hack you are?

Because you are.

:)

Uhhh, what? It's interesting how you had nothing productive to say but to troll.

Sorry, you being such a total shithead hack brought it out of me. Couldn't respond any other way, actually.

To further illustrate my point....

He did not salute. He returned however, chatted with the Marine and shook his hand.

The no problem in the first place problem was thus immediately and satisfactorily solved within moments.

I remain ever ready to piss on Obama's reputation for the massive amount of crap he does so poorly.

But I cannot manage to give a half a shit about something this inconsequential.

There's plenty of important material to work with to discuss the ineptitude of Pres. Obama.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even THIS asshole recognizes this as nothing.

:D

You obviously weren't reading my posts. Perhaps reading comprehension was not part of your government subsidized education?

Overall, there are bigger things to worry about. Saluting while important, doesn't contribute to the bigger misdeeds President Obama has perpetrated. It would be nice if he did salute our service members properly, but whatever.

And um, what was I backing away from, exactly?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now he backs away.

Stop trolling, you suck at it. If anything I was backing away from the odoriferous nature of your posts.

Last edited:
He went back and shook his hand so what's the problem? If Obama did the perfect Military salute every time you'd still hate him. I can think of many other reasons to dislike the man, saluting or not saluting isn't one of them.

Sidebar: When did this tradition start anyway?

What do you think is the problem? The tradition of the salute can be traced as far back as the Roman Empire. If by logic a salute is a sign of respect; a handshake just doesn't cut it, now does it? Our soldiers deserve to know if their Commander in Chief is on their side or not.

Even the smallest things he doesn't do shows how little regard he has for the bigger things. When you shake a man's hand, you won't look him in the eye. When you salute a man, you can see into his very soul.

You are one of those special assholes, aren't you. The kind that doesn't know he is an asshole.

That might be as stupid a comment regarding handshakes that I have ever heard. A real puzzler from the clueless.

This is horrible

I hope Republicans don't start a Congressional investigation

He went back and shook his hand so what's the problem? If Obama did the perfect Military salute every time you'd still hate him. I can think of many other reasons to dislike the man, saluting or not saluting isn't one of them.

Sidebar: When did this tradition start anyway?

Even the smallest things he doesn't do shows how little regard he has for the bigger things. When you shake a man's hand, you won't look him in the eye. When you salute a man, you can see into his very soul.

You are one of those special assholes, aren't you. The kind that doesn't know he is an asshole.

That might be as stupid a comment regarding handshakes that I have ever heard. A real puzzler from the clueless.

Ranks right up there with thereisnospoon's comments on the Prez's shirtsleeves being rolled up.

When did the others forget to Salute a Marine?

As Commander in Chief, he should learn on his first day about military protocol. Saluting is part of that protocol. He should salute, he is their Commander.

You do understand the concept of putting a civilian in charge of the military..and why it was done..don't ya?

Oh wait..you don't.

From George Washington on, by far the majority of our presidents had served in the military:

List of Presidents of the United States by military service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As long as I have lived, military service has been a strong campaign point for those running, for example: Dwight Eisenhower, and John F. Kennedy. One a genera, the other a war hero. The president is Commander in Chief of the mlitary, and it is rather peculiar that a person who has not served in the military would be. But he is, so he should act like a Commander in Chief, and not some flunky along for the ride.

As Commander in Chief, he should learn on his first day about military protocol. Saluting is part of that protocol. He should salute, he is their Commander.

You do understand the concept of putting a civilian in charge of the military..and why it was done..don't ya?

Oh wait..you don't.

From George Washington on, by far the majority of our presidents had served in the military:

List of Presidents of the United States by military service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As long as I have lived, military service has been a strong campaign point for those running, for example: Dwight Eisenhower, and John F. Kennedy. One a genera, the other a war hero. The president is Commander in Chief of the mlitary, and it is rather peculiar that a person who has not served in the military would be. But he is, so he should act like a Commander in Chief, and not some flunky along for the ride.

The President is NOT required to salute. It is NOT part of protocol.

Um........nutters,

A dude with brown skin named Barack HUSSEIN Obama is still your President! The leader of this great nation. The face of the country!

Hope you all enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend.

Forum List

Back