President Trum probably does have the power to pardon himself

Trump 'could pardon himself but won't'

"
Trump 'could pardon himself over Russia but won't', says Giuliani"

Giuliani has claimed that Trump thinks he can pardon himself. Coming from a lawyer, this is a little bemusing.

Firstly because Trump, as president, could only be impeached.

If he were impeached, he'd no longer be president. If he were tried in a court of law, he'd not be president, if he were found guilty, he's still not be president, and not being president means he can't pardon himself.

So, before the headline is finished, you distinguish yourself as a liar. Certainly no less than we have become accustomed to from my panicking and Desperate Progressive good friends.

In my opinion, I think Mr. Giuliani threw this out like chum in the water for amusement in watching the Progressives react just as you have risen to the chum! :D

Another one who has no problem giving the president unchallenged power because he likes to watch patriots react. Brilliant.
You lefties had no problem not holding Obama or anyone in his administration accountable for their actions on anything. Not sure why you are whining about this now.

I had a problem with it. I'm on the left.
but you have no problem lying in a subject line. still looking for where trump says he can pardon himself directly. where is it, please. all i've seen are RILE UP THE LEFT suggestions he said it and that's all the left, hell the right also needs anymore to prop up as "proof".

given the nature of fake news's biggest goal of getting people to spread it, way to go dude. it's not verified, not proven he said it but you're parading it around like its fact so you can show off your righteous indignation.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1003616210922147841

As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!

7:35 AM - Jun 4, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

I would pay money to see the collective meltdowns if he did.

A Fascist Jew. How wonderfully ironic. The President pardoning himself because he is now President is the same as a bank thief saying he cannot be prosecuted because he is now a rich man. Of course, with the new "Conservatives" that argument could well fly.

"

Giuliani has claimed that Trump thinks he can pardon himself. Coming from a lawyer, this is a little bemusing.

If he were impeached, he'd no longer be president. If he were tried in a court of law, he'd not be president, if he were found guilty, he's still not be president, and not being president means he can't pardon himself.

"

Trump never stated that he thinks that he can pardon himself, you stupid ass. One of his former lawyers made the statement in a letter sent to the witch hunter. You worthless leftist traitors will post anything to demean Trump. Suck it, fool. Trump ain't going anywhere for the next seven years.
Liar.

Trump: 'I have the absolute right to PARDON myself'

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1003616210922147841

As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!

5:35 AM - Jun 4, 2018

"

You mean a farmer cant grow his own food ?
You’re an idiot

Trump never stated that he thinks that he can pardon himself, you stupid ass. You worthless leftist traitors will post anything to demean Trump.

So fool, now that Trump has personally said that he can self-pardon, you have to admit that Trump demeaned himself.

Q1: Are you man enough?

Q2: At which point are you going to stop excuse making for that trash bag?

You would permit the president to declare himself above the law so you could watch patriots get pissed off. What a perfect idiot.
Obama did with your blessings.
Tell us which laws Former President Obama broke to the point he pardoned himself......:71:

Never mind actual self-pardoning, there was never any hint of even a DISCUSSION of using a self-pardon argument.

"

"

Trump never stated that he thinks that he can pardon himself, you stupid ass. One of his former lawyers made the statement in a letter sent to the witch hunter. You worthless leftist traitors will post anything to demean Trump. Suck it, fool. Trump ain't going anywhere for the next seven years.
Here ya go.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

7:35 AM - Jun 4, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Next time check facts before you make a fool of yourself.
then the OP should have used that. Do you understand how the board works? The OP sets the thread, if the OP is wrong, it's wrong. No where in the link provided did trump make such a statement. Just can't write something and not expect to be challenged.
The op included the lawyers quotes representing tRump.

I wondered how long it was going to be before some sheep posted this up.
Trump loves to get the left-wing media riled up, it is quite obviously a form of entertainment...they are so easy, and so are people like those here.

President's lawyers are pre-gaming for an impeachment back IN JANUARY and THIS is where your head is at when you learn about it? Someone riling up?

facepalm.jpg

LOL,...top Democrats were scheming for an impeachment the day he was elected.

That's a matter of opinion.

If accused of some crime for which I'm not guilty, I would not refuse a preemptive pardon.

Then you accept guilt. Innocent person has no use for a pardon and would refuse it.
In your opinion I accept guilt. My opinion is that I'm avoiding risk and $$$$ of court costs.

Ok you go with that, see if anyone buys that bullshit.

If Trump pardons himself he pretty much admits to being a total crook.
I will go with that. The dems believe he is a crook already with no pardon.

If I get a pardon and you say "it's an admission of guilt" I will simply say "no it's not", but you can believe what ever you want.

HUGE difference between politicos asserting something before investigation is complete and President himself admitting guilt.

If you do not believe that Trump is guilty after he actually tries to pardon himself then you sir need a new brain, first one fell out.
I may very well believe he is guilty. My point is that accepting/ not refusing a pardon is not necessarily an admission of guilt. Also, with the pardon in effect, what you believe about the person's guilt or innocence is a moot point.

Guliani kind of has a point. Trump could pardon himself and everyone else involved, and the only redress the Congress would have is impeachment, which would only remove him from office.

And that assumes you could get 67 Senators to go along with removing him from office, which you probably can't at this point.

Three things would have to happen for Trump to be impeached

1) They'd need really good evidence of his commiting a crime, personally.
2) They'd need Democratic control of the House
3) His approval ratings would have to be low enough (like lower 20's) for Republican Senators to go along with removing him.

Those things aren't likely to happen as long as the economy is running the way it is.

No, he doesn't have a point. He can't pardon himself.

You can pardon someone who been convicted of a crime.
Ford Preemptively Pardoned Nixon. Nixon had not been convicted of a crime.

Yes, I know.

The problem here is, does a preemptive pardon exist? Or did Ford just make it up? Did the Supreme Court simply ignore it because they could?
It exists because Ford set the precedent and no one challenged it in court. I suspect that if Trump ever tries to pardon himself for anything that it will be challenged though.
as it should be. i'll worry about it if he actually tries to.

It's an interesting theory, I don't see it happening though. As far a obstruction goes, the only way I can see a president could be charged for obstruction, after impeachment and removal or resignation, would be for destruction of evidence. It won't fly if he simply exercises his Article 2 authority to direct federal law enforcement the way he sees fit. Nixon could have been charged for obstruction after he resigned, for destruction of evidence.

Authority or no directing the closure of a federal investigation into himself is obstructing justice. It's the intent that matters.
how you figure? you're just a parrot right now. Comey told him he wasn't under investigation. Comey stated so under oath. oops. There is also a letter by Rosenstein recommending to fire the dope.

Giuliani is giving his opinion that is all people’s ability to turn someone giving an opinion into over the top drama is amazing.

Dumbass, Trump personally claimed that he has that power.

BTW I was wrong, there was one discussion of Obama self-pardoning:

gq_tweet.jpg

Blogger Asks on Twitter: Could Barack Obama Kill Donald Trump and Pardon Himself?

Trump and his lawyers are arguing that that YES, yes Obama could have.

do you think Trump will pardon Hillary when she is convicted of violating national security laws regarding classified data?

You would permit the president to declare himself above the law so you could watch patriots get pissed off. What a perfect idiot.
Obama did with your blessings.
Tell us which laws Former President Obama broke to the point he pardoned himself......:71:
IDK! Obama's wing man, Eric Holder, made damn sure all the scandals such as Fast and Furious and the IRS scandal with Tea-party groups received non-investigations.

Giuliani is giving his opinion that is all people’s ability to turn someone giving an opinion into over the top drama is amazing.

gq_tweet.jpg

Blogger Asks on Twitter: Could Barack Obama Kill Donald Trump and Pardon Himself?

do you think Trump will pardon Hillary when she is convicted of violating national security laws regarding classified data?

Is your mind so pained by the topic at hand that it needs to run off to Clinton fantasies?

Clinton needs a pardon no more than you do at this point.

gq_tweet.jpg

Is your mind so pained by the topic at hand that it needs to run off to Clinton fantasies?

or trump.

no one needs one, "we the people" just keep making shit up to be mad about in anticipation of the people we hate getting some form of political justice.

gq_tweet.jpg

true, but she might need one in a few months. Would you support such a pardon? just curious.

Forum List

Back