President Trum probably does have the power to pardon himself

It's an interesting theory, I don't see it happening though. As far a obstruction goes, the only way I can see a president could be charged for obstruction, after impeachment and removal or resignation, would be for destruction of evidence. It won't fly if he simply exercises his Article 2 authority to direct federal law enforcement the way he sees fit. Nixon could have been charged for obstruction after he resigned, for destruction of evidence.

Authority or no directing the closure of a federal investigation into himself is obstructing justice. It's the intent that matters.
how you figure? you're just a parrot right now. Comey told him he wasn't under investigation. Comey stated so under oath. oops. There is also a letter by Rosenstein recommending to fire the dope.
Lol, it's hilarious when a tRumkin calls someone else a parrot.

You probably can't even see the irony in what you just said can you?

Trump: 'I have the absolute right to PARDON myself'

The man who considers himself ABOVE THE LAW has spoken. The King's word must be taken as truth. No matter the facts....what trump says is truth.

This country has never been lead by a Dictator before....but we are now.

The President has consulted one of America's finest attorneys on this, and the right of a President to issue pardons isn't restricted in the Constitution.

Maybe you libs can pass a constitutional amendment on this.

BTW, our President has stated he is NOT going to exercise his right to pardon, so why does it make a difference?

It's an interesting theory, I don't see it happening though. As far a obstruction goes, the only way I can see a president could be charged for obstruction, after impeachment and removal or resignation, would be for destruction of evidence. It won't fly if he simply exercises his Article 2 authority to direct federal law enforcement the way he sees fit. Nixon could have been charged for obstruction after he resigned, for destruction of evidence.

Authority or no directing the closure of a federal investigation into himself is obstructing justice. It's the intent that matters.
how you figure? you're just a parrot right now. Comey told him he wasn't under investigation. Comey stated so under oath. oops. There is also a letter by Rosenstein recommending to fire the dope.

so you came up with "trumpkin" on your own and are not parroting a common stereotype?

show me. Show me where I'm parroting anything. go on now, let's see how big your balls really are.

He’s trolling, you can’t take what he says seriously or you’re going to have an aneurysm

He is supposed to be the President....what the President says matters. He is not trolling. He and his demented attorney are serious.

Rudy has finally lost his mind...

Giuliani: Under constitution, Trump could shoot Comey and not be indicted

Yup....trump can commit murder and no one can touch him. Maybe he and Kim have a lot in common.

If that’s the case he should shoot comey. Just get over it, this guy is unorthodox. In some ways it’s refreshing

so you came up with "trumpkin" on your own and are not parroting a common stereotype?
and he speaks of irony.

He’s trolling, you can’t take what he says seriously or you’re going to have an aneurysm

He is supposed to be the President....what the President says matters. He is not trolling. He and his demented attorney are serious.

Yup....trump can commit murder and no one can touch him. Maybe he and Kim have a lot in common.

If that’s the case he should shoot comey. Just get over it, this guy is unorthodox. In some ways it’s refreshing

Yes....I think he should. I want him to test Rudy's theory. Let's see what the cops do after he fires the gun...Yeah....please Donnie. Go shoot Comey.

Evidently....trump is aware that Mueller has something damaging on him. He is flailing like a mad man.

I really think he is close to losing his mind.

and he speaks of irony.
funny as shit when they're so arrogant and insistent it's YOU that's the problem they never see they do 90% of the shit they bitch about to others.

Evidently....trump is aware that Mueller has something damaging on him. He is flailing like a mad man.

I really think he is close to losing his mind.

Our President is barely thinking about the Mule. Mueller's incompetence has been demonstrated in the past, like how he fouled up the Anthrax investigation.

Generally, a person has to be found guilty of something before they can be pardoned. However, Ford set a precedent by pardoning Nixon before there were any indictments against Nixon and certainly before Nixon was found guilty of anything. This was considered to be highly unusual, but it did server to stop any further investigations and any possible indictments.

Based on this, and quite hypothetically, if Mueller's report contained information that could lead to other investigations and a possible indictment of Trump (remembering that DOJ rules forbid Mueller from indicting a sitting president), Trump could pardon himself - but probably only for actions that he took while President.

That would guarantee that he not be further investigated and brought up on criminal charges.

It would do nothing to stop his impeachment and removal from office.

Also, giving himself a broad pardon could be viewed as an admission of guilt and would probably be used as evidence in an impeachment trial.

He would basically be hanging himself.

I would pay money to see the collective meltdowns if he did.

You would permit the president to declare himself above the law so you could watch patriots get pissed off. What a perfect idiot.

The president, through his lawyers, has already declared himself to be above the law. He's wrong, but that's what his legal representatves have said.
no one is above the law. it's frustrating to see someone act like they are isn't it?

but i never saw you tell hillary she was above the law as she deleted and destroyed evidence.

And I never saw you prove she had broken the law.

I would pay money to see the collective meltdowns if he did.

You would permit the president to declare himself above the law so you could watch patriots get pissed off. What a perfect idiot.
Obama did with your blessings.
Tell us which laws Former President Obama broke to the point he pardoned himself......:71:
fast and furious
bengazi
spying on political opponents
using the irs to go after political opponents

The real question is: Can the President be placed under arrest?

The indictment/trial process is long and drawn out. It would be expected that Congress would start impeachment proceedings and removal from office long before the indictment process was done. Once removed from office, the indictment would proceed.

As far as whether the President can be placed under arrest, depends if the secret service was willing to stop the arresting officers. I doubt they would. Would there be a stand off between the secret service and federal marshals? Could the President order the military to protect him? I doubt it.

If a President was placed under arrest, it would be expected that the vice-President & cabinet would notify the Senate that the President was no longer able to perform his duties and he would be removed from office that way.

Another one who has no problem giving the president unchallenged power because he likes to watch patriots react. Brilliant.
You lefties had no problem not holding Obama or anyone in his administration accountable for their actions on anything. Not sure why you are whining about this now.

I had a problem with it. I'm on the left.
but you have no problem lying in a subject line. still looking for where trump says he can pardon himself directly. where is it, please. all i've seen are RILE UP THE LEFT suggestions he said it and that's all the left, hell the right also needs anymore to prop up as "proof".

given the nature of fake news's biggest goal of getting people to spread it, way to go dude. it's not verified, not proven he said it but you're parading it around like its fact so you can show off your righteous indignation.

As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 4, 2018

13 minutes ago, so frigid was just prescient.

The question I have is, why would a president write about pardoning himself, if he hadn't done anything wrong?

I can't think of any reason Trump would need to pardon himself, nor can I think of a legitimate reason he would not answer questions from the Special Counsel.
No reason the answers he already gave, in writing, shouldn't suffice then.

What answers, in writing, has Trump given in response to questions from the Special Counsel?
All of them. Not Trumps fault Mueller hasn't leaked them yet.

Trump 'could pardon himself but won't'

"
Trump 'could pardon himself over Russia but won't', says Giuliani"

Giuliani has claimed that Trump thinks he can pardon himself. Coming from a lawyer, this is a little bemusing.

Firstly because Trump, as president, could only be impeached.

If he were impeached, he'd no longer be president. If he were tried in a court of law, he'd not be president, if he were found guilty, he's still not be president, and not being president means he can't pardon himself.

The Democrat coup attempt has failed, so now the Left Wingers have become even crazier.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

"

Giuliani has claimed that Trump thinks he can pardon himself. Coming from a lawyer, this is a little bemusing.

If he were impeached, he'd no longer be president. If he were tried in a court of law, he'd not be president, if he were found guilty, he's still not be president, and not being president means he can't pardon himself.

"

Trump never stated that he thinks that he can pardon himself, you stupid ass. One of his former lawyers made the statement in a letter sent to the witch hunter. You worthless leftist traitors will post anything to demean Trump. Suck it, fool. Trump ain't going anywhere for the next seven years.

His lawyer, representing him made the statement. Unless he fires Rudy, Rudy is legally speaking for him.
Maybe in a fukin courtroom. Not in front of a microphone.

Nope. Doesn't work that way. A lawyer making remarks concerning his client's case is legally representing that client. Doesn't matter where he is, or who he is talking to.
Bullshit. Trump cannot control what other people say dumass.

Evidently, Trump can't even control what he says, himself. Rudy represents Trump. I didn't make the rules, but tthat's what the rules say.

Actually, what's CRAZIEST is that an "innocent" man has planned ahead to pardon himself from crimes he "claims" he never committed.

And CRAZIER than that is RWNJ's are eating up the daily lies by the spoonful.

The Liar in Chief loves the uneducated because you fools make him feel intelligent.

I'm dumbfounded at how dumb republicants have become.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

"

"

Trump never stated that he thinks that he can pardon himself, you stupid ass. One of his former lawyers made the statement in a letter sent to the witch hunter. You worthless leftist traitors will post anything to demean Trump. Suck it, fool. Trump ain't going anywhere for the next seven years.

His lawyer, representing him made the statement. Unless he fires Rudy, Rudy is legally speaking for him.
huh? Rudy is a human being who knows the law. and he said it. he wasn't representing anyone unless he says so.

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how stupid it is.

Forum List

Back