President Trump BOLDLY walked up St. John's Church with a Bible in his hand.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross Bible.”

And this observation appeared in John Thomas Flynn’s As We Go Marching, published in 1944:

But when fascism comes it will not be in the form of an anti-American movement or pro-Hitler bund, practicing disloyalty. Nor will it come in the form of a crusade against war. It will appear rather in the luminous robes of flaming patriotism; it will take some genuinely indigenous shape and color, and it will spread only because its leaders, who are not yet visible, will know how to locate the great springs of public opinion and desire and the streams of thought that flow from them and will know how to attract to their banners leaders who can command the support of the controlling minorities in American public life. The danger lies not so much in the would-be Fuhrers who may arise, but in the presence in our midst of certainly deeply running currents of hope and appetite and opinion. The war upon fascism must be begun there.
There is a history of brash, pugilistic, nationalistic leaders of European ancestry who have captured the imagination of millions by promising to rid them of people who are undesirable, in an effort to save the country.

As they say, history doesn't repeat, but it does rhyme.

It's not about the leader, it's about the followers.

So that happened in a vacuum? No history of foreign invasion, job loss, hyperinflation and Bolshevik mobs roaming the streets terrorizing people?

Rather than trite aphorisms about history maybe you should try to learn from it.

The right wing is not the most natural place for the American middle class. But it’s all that is left for them. Not coincidently Brexit and the rise of allied parties in England, France, Netherlands, Germany and Italy. The elites will be forced to share power or it only gets worse from here.

“Populism is a symptom of a sick body politic”
Michael Lind

I just no longer have words for this, so I'll ask three very serious questions:

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Second, what was the point of that, what was his goal?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

the bible was just a signal to his base that he is still one of them...

and that he is on THEIR side....

I'm surprised he wasn't holding a pig.....(a white supremacist signal)

and shouldn't he include references to 13%? and 109?...soon to be 110?

Sure, and from what I can tell, they bought the whole thing.

As I just mentioned, this isn't about him. It's about them.

they see in him the HUMAN GARBAGE that they know themselves to be!

"wow! trump says all the rotten disgusting things that I want to say!"

You and people like you, consider them human garbage and then attack them for supporting your political enemy, instead of you, the people that hate them.

You are the problem. Not them.

OP; You ask what purpose was holding up the Bible, it was a checkmate move, to clever for the MSM to notice they were being traped in a corner by their despise of religious liberties which he was signing about the same day.

But that fake news story people were bombarded with to counter Trumps chess move has made a fool of them and the DC Bishop they used.
Per my post in the Theology forum:
I point out that the complaint they pushed on Trump is what the MSM ended up doing all day.
You see, they made the Bishop a photo opp for political tactic.
Today's MSM narrative on
CNBC, MSNBC, & CNN was to use an unwitting DC Bishop The Rev Mariann Budde as a photo op political deflection and canceling agent against Trump standing up for religious freedom and protection of it's properties.
Her beef blasted all over fake news was that she considered the presidents stop at the arch dioceses as political posteuring, forgeting it was a marker of a special occasion 100th anniversary of the Birth of Pope John Paul ll hence photo with statue honoring the Pope and MSM was not gonna correct her by pointing that out, instead they used her as a pawn the way she claimed the president was doing with his memorializing.
But this abuse of a unsuspecting Bishop gets worse. Her whole beef derived by believing the president should have brought up the situation that he already did in a few speeches, one being a very eliquent speech during his Nasa briefing that MSNBC and CNN purposely censored coverage of. So in a way they let this bishop believe Trump never had this serious conversation nor support for the people even though he helped with the rush on the conviction. They lied to her by what obviously is her source of news being the ones keeping info from her, then not telling her the truth about the Presidents speech, so she looked like an idiot on all the networks=used her as a political stunt.

She became what she thought the church was being used for.=irony at it's finest.
Rev Mariann Budde you've been duped by your news source-congrats you are offically part of the TDS brought on by the media puppeteers.

Last edited:
OP; You ask what purpose was holding up the Bible, it was a checkmate move, to clever for the MSM to notice they were being traped in a corner by their despise of religious liberties which he was signing about the same day.

But that fake news story people were bombarded with to counter Trumps chess move has made a fool of them and the DC Bishop they used.
I point out that the complaint they pushed on Trump is what the MSM ended up doing all day.
Today's MSM narrative on
CNBC, MSNBC, & CNN was to use an unwitting DC Bishop The Rev Mariann Budde as a photo op political deflection and canceling agent against Trump standing up for religious freedom and protection of it's properties.
Her beef blasted all over fake news was that she considered the presidents stop at the arch dioceses as political posteuring, forgeting it was a marker of 2 special occasion anniversary and 100 yr birthday or something to that affect and MSM was not gonna correct her by pointing that out, instead they used her as a pawn the way she claimed the president was doing with his memorializing.
But this abuse of a unsuspecting Bishop gets worse. Her whole beef derived by believing the president should have brought up the situation that he already did in a few speeches, one being a very eliquent speech during his Nasa briefing that MSNBC and CNN purposely censored coverage of. So in a way they let this bishop believe Trump never had this serious conversation nor support for the people even though he helped with the rush on the conviction. They lied to her by what obviously is her source of news being the ones keeping info from her, then not telling her the truth about the Presidents speech, so she looked like an idiot on all the networks=used her as a political stunt.

She became what she thought the church was being used for.=irony at it's finest.
Rev Mariann Budde you've been duped by your news source-congrats you are offically part of the TDS brought on by the media puppeteers.
So it was a tactical "checkmate move" by Trump to trap the "media puppeteers", and not an honest, sincere, humble statement of faith and hope and unity.

Agreed. I appreciate the honest answer. Finally.

The fact that no one has answered my three perfectly reasonable questions so far makes it pretty clear that, at some level, they know what this man is.
It's about owning libs. That's what's important.
Really? That's what is important?

How about leadership, empathy, understanding and compassion?

This is a bad reality show! And it must be cancelled!

President Trump is not a devout Christian. He's a devout American.

Christianity and America have a history together as old as America. They're inseparable.

That's what President Trump understands.
He is a devout asshole

Are you aware of the fact that you have no actual complaints of substance on his recent job performance?

Like having one third of the Coronavirus deaths in the world?

If you believe the obviously inflated guess numbers. Which no one does. Not even you.
These are the officially reported numbers of deaths as reported daily by the state health departments.

You claim they are fake?

Of course. The official guidlines were designed to encourage guesses and financial incentives were offered for higher numbers. So, we can be sure of one thing. THe official numbers are garbage.
Who manages and reports this great conspiracy? Is every medical facility in on it or is it just a few people at the top?
This looks like the work of the Deep State

Christianity and America have a history together as old as America. They're inseparable.

He is a devout asshole

Are you aware of the fact that you have no actual complaints of substance on his recent job performance?

If you believe the obviously inflated guess numbers. Which no one does. Not even you.
These are the officially reported numbers of deaths as reported daily by the state health departments.

You claim they are fake?

Of course. The official guidlines were designed to encourage guesses and financial incentives were offered for higher numbers. So, we can be sure of one thing. THe official numbers are garbage.
Who manages and reports this great conspiracy? Is every medical facility in on it or is it just a few people at the top?

My statement stands. Your inability to honestly address it, is telling.

The fact that no one has answered my three perfectly reasonable questions so far makes it pretty clear that, at some level, they know what this man is.

Leadership, empathy, understanding and compassion are for pinko commies.

Real men like to shoot things and hold up the Bible.

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

You and people like you, consider them human garbage and then attack them for supporting your political enemy, instead of you, the people that hate them.

I hold those who voted for Trump more responsible than Trump himself. They knew what Trump was and stuck him on the rest of the country.

We are left to pay the price of having the least responsible person possible to lead us in a medical and economic crisis

Today's MSM narrative on
Her beef blasted all over fake news was that she considered the presidents stop at the arch dioceses as political posteuring, forgeting it was a marker of 2 special occasion anniversary and 100 yr birthday or something to that affect and MSM was not gonna correct her by pointing that out, instead they used her as a pawn the way she claimed the president was doing with his memorializing.

So it was a tactical "checkmate move" by Trump to trap the "media puppeteers", and not an honest, sincere, humble statement of faith and hope and unity.

An act can be 3 fold and have many purposes, but note we were talking about the symbol of holding the Bible in it's context and you did a fake news spin and made it about the whole purpose of paying respect to a Pope that many adored. You just fell into your own trap, as you are playing master of who can practice what, which is what the religious freedom bill tries to protect people's freedoms from people like you.
I'd like to say Gotcha! But you got yourself there pretty good. :)

Thanks in advance.

I hold those who voted for Trump more responsible than Trump himself. They knew what Trump was and stuck him on the rest of the country.

We are left to pay the price of having the least responsible person possible to lead us in a medical and economic crisis

Yep. Trump is only a symptom.

He is a devout asshole

You claim they are fake?

Is there a Deep State or not?

Today's MSM narrative on

An act can be 3 fold, note we were talking about the symbol of holding the Bible in itcs context and you did a fake news spin and made it about the whole purpose of paying respect to a Pope that many adored. You just fell into your own trap, as you are playing master of who can practice what, which is what the religious freedom bill tries to protect people's freedoms from people like you.
I'd like to say Gotcha! But you got yourself there pretty good. :)
Again, I appreciate your honesty.

Thanks in advance.

Trying to figure out why Trump does what he does is pointless. He needs constant daily exposure to the public so walking through the site of the previous night's riot with a bible in hand to a boarded up church would certainly do it.

Thanks in advance.

Well, we know he didn't go in and pray, just stood there, held it up, and got a photo, and left.

Thanks in advance.

1. Trump, or any president for that matter, holding up a bible in front of a religious facility, means nothing to me. They are pandering to the crowd.
2. As the part about the "majority" in the lower part of the post, I fail to see the majority out there in voter-land, voting candidates into the presidency. We've had left of center in the form of Clinton and further left in the form of Obama and right of center in the form of Reagan and George H. W. Bush and his son, the shrub and now we have a president that to me is hard to peg into far right of center. His support for our Constitution, as written, puts him squarely in line with the Constitution, so, to me, he's just barely right of center. Who in your opinion is a Centrist? As it is now, we've had a growing number of pro-Marxists coming out of our educational system for many years now and someone like JFK, who, while a Democrat, was more of a centrist, and what passes for politicians in the "defunct" Democrat party today, goes much further left and JFK, if he were alive today, would be rejected by the party and considered a Republican.
Anyway, where is the "supposed: majority, when it comes to elections?

Leadership, empathy, understanding and compassion are for pinko commies.

Real men like to shoot things and hold up the Bible.

FOr all you know, he is showing leadership. You might have missed it, and just assumed he was not.

Thanks in advance.

Responsible for what, exactly? Voting for someone who might be on our side, instead of hating us?

I'm fine with that. It is not reasonable of you to not be.

He is a devout asshole

You claim they are fake?

Is there a Deep State or not?

Why are you so desperate to change the subject? Why should I answer your questions, if you don't address my responses when I do?

Thanks in advance.

Trying to figure out why Trump does what he does is pointless. He needs constant daily exposure to the public so walking through the site of the previous night's riot with a bible in hand to a boarded up church would certainly do it.

Well, I think it's pretty clear that virtually everything he does is to please his base, and part of pleasing his base includes purposely angering others at any cost. One Trumpster admitted a few posts ago that it was a "checkmate move", not an honest moment of hope and faith.

I have to admit, as little as I already thought of him, I thought he'd be a little more balanced than this. But this has been pretty ugly.

Forum List

Back