President Trump BOLDLY walked up St. John's Church with a Bible in his hand.

Ol' Mac asks three reasonable questions, all of which could have been answered in an intelligent, reasonable, adult way.

Instead, the personal attacks, insults, and deflection start flying immediately.

I never have to name names. Ever.

Ol Mac tried to couch a political jab as questions and got called on it. Now it looks like it’s time for the martyr act.
Sure, whatever you'd like.

Meanwhile, you guys have done what you always do: Avoid the questions and try to put me on the defensive.

You're liars and cowards. But I knew that.

I just no longer have words for this, so I'll ask three very serious questions:

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Second, what was the point of that, what was his goal?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

Would you have been more comfortable if it had been a koran, asshole?

So you're going to avoid the questions, too.

Cool. Another very instructive thread.

They don't even have the balls to answer the questions.

That says quite a bit about how much faith they have in their positions.

What do you want him to do?
Listen. Ask questions. Communicate honestly. Be curious. Seek to truly understand someone other than his base.

I'm not expecting him to do any of that, but you asked.

I don't get answers to my questions, but I'm not afraid to answer the questions of others.

You are not afraid to lie is what you should have said.
I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding examples.

We'll see who the liar is.

Thanks in advance.

Where are your answers?
I've provided them twice now.

So where are those examples?

No one cares. That is the point.

What do you want him to do?
Listen. Ask questions. Communicate honestly. Be curious. Seek to truly understand someone other than his base.

I'm not expecting him to do any of that, but you asked.

I don't get answers to my questions, but I'm not afraid to answer the questions of others.

You are not afraid to lie is what you should have said.
I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding examples.

We'll see who the liar is.

Thanks in advance.

Where are your answers?
I've provided them twice now.

So where are those examples?

No one cares. That is the point.
So you lied.

Okay.

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like he got caught using a Bible as a prop, and blew off the question.

Why are you acting like that is a big deal?

I believe we're allowed to start threads that are not a "big deal" if we choose.

But I've gotten pretty much what I was expecting, so it's been a good thread.

Good thing I don't need anyone's approval.

Of course you are allowed to do it. I asked WHY. And you shockingly, did not answer.

Do you remember when I pointed out to you, that the end of talking left only violence as a way of addressing conflict?

Oh, okay. Here are responses I gave earlier to another Trumpster who was also trying to change the subject by putting me on the defensive:

First would you like to explain the point of your post? What was the goal?
First, as always, I wanted to observe the thought processes and behaviors of the Trumpsters in their responses, if any of them had the balls to actually answer the questions. I knew their support for him would be unequivocal and obedient and pure, but the behaviors are always fascinating. I have not been disappointed.

Second does anyone believe you are a devout Christian or that you have anything but a sneering disdain for Christians?
Oh, no. I don't claim to be Christian. I admit that I don't know how the hell we got here, and it seems pretty egotistical for people to believe they do. I do have a sneering disdain for Christians (or any other religious group) who clearly only use their "religion" as a weapon, who cherry-pick their religion, and who make zero effort to treat others with respect and dignity. They are a living, breathing insult to decent people who are sincere in their faith.

Your “imagination” aside....you don’t know what “real Christians” think. It is completely alien to you.
Tough to say. I believe that religion provides decent, humble people with answers, strength, comfort and guidance. For those of you who I believe are less serious, I think it's just a tribal thing.

And no, I don't remember you saying that, sorry.

Except I immediately admitted that he was just using the Bible as a prop, which is the complete opposite of what you expected to see, and indeed still seem to think you saw.

Your blindness on that, brings up the obvious question, what else did you blind yourself to?

I didn't read your post. The most I will usually do is skim.

Perhaps I'm blind to everything. Who knows!

Whatever you'd like. I don't care. Sorry.

So, for all you know, you are wrong about what the other side is saying. since you admit that you don't listen to what they actually say/said.

You ignore what they say, make up the answers, and then make fun of them based on the answers you made up in your head.

Mmm, and you pretend that we are the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like he got caught using a Bible as a prop, and blew off the question.

Why are you acting like that is a big deal?

I believe we're allowed to start threads that are not a "big deal" if we choose.

But I've gotten pretty much what I was expecting, so it's been a good thread.

Good thing I don't need anyone's approval.

Of course you are allowed to do it. I asked WHY. And you shockingly, did not answer.

Do you remember when I pointed out to you, that the end of talking left only violence as a way of addressing conflict?

Oh, okay. Here are responses I gave earlier to another Trumpster who was also trying to change the subject by putting me on the defensive:

First would you like to explain the point of your post? What was the goal?
First, as always, I wanted to observe the thought processes and behaviors of the Trumpsters in their responses, if any of them had the balls to actually answer the questions. I knew their support for him would be unequivocal and obedient and pure, but the behaviors are always fascinating. I have not been disappointed.

Second does anyone believe you are a devout Christian or that you have anything but a sneering disdain for Christians?
Oh, no. I don't claim to be Christian. I admit that I don't know how the hell we got here, and it seems pretty egotistical for people to believe they do. I do have a sneering disdain for Christians (or any other religious group) who clearly only use their "religion" as a weapon, who cherry-pick their religion, and who make zero effort to treat others with respect and dignity. They are a living, breathing insult to decent people who are sincere in their faith.

Your “imagination” aside....you don’t know what “real Christians” think. It is completely alien to you.
Tough to say. I believe that religion provides decent, humble people with answers, strength, comfort and guidance. For those of you who I believe are less serious, I think it's just a tribal thing.

And no, I don't remember you saying that, sorry.

Except I immediately admitted that he was just using the Bible as a prop, which is the complete opposite of what you expected to see, and indeed still seem to think you saw.

Your blindness on that, brings up the obvious question, what else did you blind yourself to?

I didn't read your post. The most I will usually do is skim.

Perhaps I'm blind to everything. Who knows!

Whatever you'd like. I don't care. Sorry.

So, for all you know, you are wrong about what the other side is saying. since you admit that you don't listen to what they actually say/said.

You ignore what they say, make up the answers, and then make fun of them based on the answers you made up in your head.

Mmm, and you pretend that we are the problem.

On message boards, sure.

So there's no reason for you to keep whining and humping my leg.

Cool!

You're welcome. And again, I'm not expecting you to answer my questions.

It’s not tough at all. Christianity is as alien to you as it is to most leftists. Yet, like most leftists, you are sure you know enough to designate the “true Christians” for some reason.

Then you switched your response from “Christians” to to the mumbo jumbo “religion”. That shows how completely out of touch you are. I doubt you even understand religion in a general sense but it’s specifically Christianity you were trying to speak for in your posts.
If you had any self awareness you would look at your fellow leftists here pontificating on Christianity, which they despise, and ask yourself “do I look that foolish too?”

You're welcome. And again, I'm not expecting you to answer my questions.

It’s not tough at all. Christianity is as alien to you as it is to most leftists. Yet, like most leftists, you are sure you know enough to designate the “true Christians” for some reason.

Then you switched your response from “Christians” to to the mumbo jumbo “religion”. That shows how completely out of touch you are. I doubt you even understand religion in a general sense but it’s specifically Christianity you were trying to speak for in your posts.
If you had any self awareness you would look at your fellow leftists here pontificating on Christianity, which they despise, and ask yourself “do I look that foolish too?”
Okay got it!

Thanks in advance.

Who gives a shit?

Not Trumpsters!

-
Yeah, Americans have slightly more important things to focus on right now than your gossip.

That's because they aren't retarded. People are dying and people's lives are destroyed as we speak and this moronic retard can't stop his moaning about the greatest president.

Last week a woman defying the stay at home order to support her family. Was a murderer. But thousands of people standing elbow to elbow are good people while they burn the town down. Mac you lost it.

He has gone off the rails.

And now, someone invokes the Godwin's law over Trump holding a bible.

Meanwhile your side is burning cities down.

And STILL, it's Trump's fault.

These people are mental lunatics.

If instead of calling for those who were peacefully protesting to be fired, he had invited them to the White House to address their concerns it's certainly possible we would not be here today.

The base doesn't want that. That would be a surrender.

Better to ignore & mock their concerns and attack. MAGA.

You people called a woman wanting to work a murderer last week. But now it's okay for thousands of people rioting elbow to elbow?

I did? Quote me please.

Democrats did, why is it okay to protest now? Just a few days you would get run out of a store for not wearing a mask.

If you don't see any reason to protest, great. Some do.

One woman defied that stay at home order and is called a murderer. A few days

Thanks in advance.

Who gives a shit?

Not Trumpsters!

-
Yeah, Americans have slightly more important things to focus on right now than your gossip.

That's because they aren't retarded. People are dying and people's lives are destroyed as we speak and this moronic retard can't stop his moaning about the greatest president.

Last week a woman defying the stay at home order to support her family. Was a murderer. But thousands of people standing elbow to elbow are good people while they burn the town down. Mac you lost it.

No. The cops are burning the cities down.

Yeah, it's the cops and white supremacists. We know, someone gets their news from CNN while others actually see all the recorded video.

Absolute nutcase.

So the mayor's and governors of blue states are supporting white supremacist. They are letting these guys loot and burn their towns down. While red states are stopping them. So we know where liberals and CNN stand. Supporting the white supremacist, thanks for proving what I knew all along.

Mayor's what?

Can't answer the question. Trump is being called a racist for trying to stop the rioting. The media is claiming the rioters are white supremacist. What's up with that?

President Trump is not a devout Christian. He's a devout American.

Christianity and America have a history together as old as America. They're inseparable.

That's what President Trump understands.
He is a devout asshole

Are you aware of the fact that you have no actual complaints of substance on his recent job performance?

Like having one third of the Coronavirus deaths in the world?

If you believe the obviously inflated guess numbers. Which no one does. Not even you.
These are the officially reported numbers of deaths as reported daily by the state health departments.

You claim they are fake?

Thanks in advance.

This is what Mac focuses on in the midst of riots, after church was burned.

You aren't getting any "answers" because you failed to show anything wrong. Good on Trump if he truly was there...

When Trump was asked what was his favorite verse he didn't have an answer. It's because he has never read the book. Either that or he couldn't find a verse directly about him.

/——-/ I’m Catholic and have never read the Bible. In school, I studied the Catechism. Neither do I have a favorite verse.

ya, sorry you claim to be catholic and have never read the bible? You are not like any catholic I have ever met!
1 Thessalonians 2:13

2 Peter 3:16

2 Timothy 2:15
Acts 17:11
you can go on and on about the importance of the word for which you have no need to know but call your self a catholic? ya, right!

/——-/ yeah, Cupcake. I know more about my religion than you do. We studied the Catechism.
"Did God intend that the Bible alone should be the guide to salvation? No, because certain things in the Bible can be misunderstood, and because the Bible does not have everything God taught" Catechism-, p. 51.

"Do we get from the Bible alone all our knowledge and certainty about what God has told us? No, there is also Sacred Tradition … What is tradition? The Word of God handed on to us by the Apostles in their preaching and by their successors in the church to the present day … Do you have to believe in tradition? Yes … we are obliged to accept all the truths contained in the Bible and Tradition…" - Catechism, pp. 9,10. Catholicism and Scripture: the Roman Catholic Church and the Bible

by your own words you have never read the bible! you lying then or now? your a joke!

/-----/ OK. so you're one of those clowns who argue for the sake of getting attention.
1.) I never read the Bible.
2.) Catholic schools teach the Catechism.
3.) I didn't lie about anything.
4.) Catholic schools did teach grammar. It's you're a joke, not your.

evidently they teach every thing except knowing the word!lol! I get it you are to lazy or can not understand the word so you need some one to explain it to you!lol! what a joke! what a catholic! you must be proud!

/———/ I am proud and you either don’t understand or don’t want to.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross Bible.”

And this observation appeared in John Thomas Flynn’s As We Go Marching, published in 1944:

But when fascism comes it will not be in the form of an anti-American movement or pro-Hitler bund, practicing disloyalty. Nor will it come in the form of a crusade against war. It will appear rather in the luminous robes of flaming patriotism; it will take some genuinely indigenous shape and color, and it will spread only because its leaders, who are not yet visible, will know how to locate the great springs of public opinion and desire and the streams of thought that flow from them and will know how to attract to their banners leaders who can command the support of the controlling minorities in American public life. The danger lies not so much in the would-be Fuhrers who may arise, but in the presence in our midst of certainly deeply running currents of hope and appetite and opinion. The war upon fascism must be begun there.

Thanks in advance.

Who gives a shit?

Not Trumpsters!

-

If instead of calling for those who were peacefully protesting to be fired, he had invited them to the White House to address their concerns it's certainly possible we would not be here today.

The base doesn't want that. That would be a surrender.

Better to ignore & mock their concerns and attack. MAGA.

You people called a woman wanting to work a murderer last week. But now it's okay for thousands of people rioting elbow to elbow?

I did? Quote me please.

Democrats did, why is it okay to protest now? Just a few days you would get run out of a store for not wearing a mask.

If you don't see any reason to protest, great. Some do.

One woman defied that stay at home order and is called a murderer. A few days

Thanks in advance.

Who gives a shit?

Not Trumpsters!

-

No. The cops are burning the cities down.

Yeah, it's the cops and white supremacists. We know, someone gets their news from CNN while others actually see all the recorded video.

Absolute nutcase.

So the mayor's and governors of blue states are supporting white supremacist. They are letting these guys loot and burn their towns down. While red states are stopping them. So we know where liberals and CNN stand. Supporting the white supremacist, thanks for proving what I knew all along.

Mayor's what?

Can't answer the question. Trump is being called a racist for trying to stop the rioting. The media is claiming the rioters are white supremacist. What's up with that?

"Mayor's" indicates possession. It is not plural which would be "mayors". I want to know what they had?

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross Bible.”

And this observation appeared in John Thomas Flynn’s As We Go Marching, published in 1944:

But when fascism comes it will not be in the form of an anti-American movement or pro-Hitler bund, practicing disloyalty. Nor will it come in the form of a crusade against war. It will appear rather in the luminous robes of flaming patriotism; it will take some genuinely indigenous shape and color, and it will spread only because its leaders, who are not yet visible, will know how to locate the great springs of public opinion and desire and the streams of thought that flow from them and will know how to attract to their banners leaders who can command the support of the controlling minorities in American public life. The danger lies not so much in the would-be Fuhrers who may arise, but in the presence in our midst of certainly deeply running currents of hope and appetite and opinion. The war upon fascism must be begun there.
There is a history of brash, pugilistic, nationalistic leaders of European ancestry who have captured the imagination of millions by promising to rid them of people who are undesirable, in an effort to save the country.

As they say, history doesn't repeat, but it does rhyme.

It's not about the leader, it's about the followers.

Ol' Mac asks three reasonable questions, all of which could have been answered in an intelligent, reasonable, adult way.

Instead, the personal attacks, insults, and deflection start flying immediately.

Ol Mac tried to couch a political jab as questions and got called on it. Now it looks like it’s time for the martyr act.

Meanwhile, you guys have done what you always do: Avoid the questions and try to put me on the defensive.

Your political posturing posing as questions aren’t an imperative. I could imagine interesting questions on the topic...but those weren’t.

Next you should ask a Jew whether he thinks the Spirit proceeds from or through the second person of the Trinity then put on your righteously offended act when he responds “what the hell...do you have any idea what being Jewish means?”

Your political posturing posing as questions aren’t an imperative. I could imagine interesting questions on the topic...but those weren’t.

Next you should ask a Jew whether he thinks the Spirit proceeds from or through the second person of the Trinity then put on your righteously offended act when he responds “what the hell...do you have any idea what being Jewish means?”
Okay!

Forum List

Back