President Trumps military parade

Will you attend the military parade?

• yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • no

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
North Korea? Putin?

Trump was impressed with the one in France when he saw it with Macron.

Why do you hate France? Why do you hate our ally?
He wants it for his fucking ego and nothing else!!
North Korea? Putin?

Trump was impressed with the one in France when he saw it with Macron.

Why do you hate France? Why do you hate our ally?

"We honor veterans and service members at various events on a daily basis."
Sporting events. Shows/performances here and there. Memorials built to those who have died across the nation. Thanking someone you might see during your day.

You mean where the players kneel?
And what shows/performances would those be?
Memorials are static and they dont bring a bunch of people together to show how much we appreciate our Men and Women in uniform.
I mean hollyweird performs shows overseas to show appreciation why cant we do that here in the form of a parade?

That is because you aren't required to attend USO shows. You can go, or stay in your bunk, your choice.

Military parades are totally different. If your command or you are selected to participate, it's mandatory fun for you, you HAVE to go. Then, there is all that crap of making your uniform inspection ready, getting all your ribbons and medals straight as well as grooming standards that have to be met. Nope, for the people participating, it's a pain in the ass. I know, because I was in Admin division, and my division always was selected for crap like this. The only ceremony that I was happy to be at was one honoring WWII dead in France. It was a nice ceremony, and afterwards, they laid out a pretty decent spread for us, beer included.

No, for the people that have to participate in the dog and pony show, it's not so much an honor as it is a pain in the ass. 95 percent of the enlisted think the way I do.

I find it hard to believe they wouldnt jump at the chance to let the American public honer them.
I suppose those sports teams hate parades as well right?

A sports team does not spend hours upon hours on a sunny parade deck practicing while being yelled at by the 1stSgt or SgtMaj for messing up.

A sports team does not have to take time away from normal routines to prepare equipment to be pretty and shiny for the parade.

A sports team is not spending maintenance money on parade prep instead of fixing broken gear.

This parade is not honoring the military, it is about the military honoring the CIC.

Your claim of 20 years in the Corps seems somehow fantastical. Really.

He is always honoring and showing gratitude to the military. He has done it in almost every speech I have ever heard him make.

How honoring them by not making them march in some stupid fucking parade?

Only an American hating Moon Bat would think it was a "fucking parade".

how-about-rooting-for-our-side-for-a-change-you-2044013.png
What an amazingly ironic post considering how trump just rejected the United States over Russia.

Is that like Obama rejecting the United States over Cuba and Iran?
Well, maybe in trumpanzee land because in the real world, that never happened.

Sporting events. Shows/performances here and there. Memorials built to those who have died across the nation. Thanking someone you might see during your day.

Memorials are static and they dont bring a bunch of people together to show how much we appreciate our Men and Women in uniform.
I mean hollyweird performs shows overseas to show appreciation why cant we do that here in the form of a parade?

That is because you aren't required to attend USO shows. You can go, or stay in your bunk, your choice.

Military parades are totally different. If your command or you are selected to participate, it's mandatory fun for you, you HAVE to go. Then, there is all that crap of making your uniform inspection ready, getting all your ribbons and medals straight as well as grooming standards that have to be met. Nope, for the people participating, it's a pain in the ass. I know, because I was in Admin division, and my division always was selected for crap like this. The only ceremony that I was happy to be at was one honoring WWII dead in France. It was a nice ceremony, and afterwards, they laid out a pretty decent spread for us, beer included.

No, for the people that have to participate in the dog and pony show, it's not so much an honor as it is a pain in the ass. 95 percent of the enlisted think the way I do.

I find it hard to believe they wouldnt jump at the chance to let the American public honer them.

A sports team does not spend hours upon hours on a sunny parade deck practicing while being yelled at by the 1stSgt or SgtMaj for messing up.

A sports team does not have to take time away from normal routines to prepare equipment to be pretty and shiny for the parade.

A sports team is not spending maintenance money on parade prep instead of fixing broken gear.

This parade is not honoring the military, it is about the military honoring the CIC.

Why do you say that?

Why do you say that?

Attitude.

Honoring and having pride in our military is good thing to do.
It is, but that is not what Trump's desire is. Trump wants to look big like the Frenchman. It's all about DJT

How do you know what Trump desires?

He is always honoring and showing gratitude to the military. He has done it in almost every speech I have ever heard him make.

It will be a nice show of patriotism for the US. That is a good thing. After all, we have the greatest military in the history of the earth so it is good that we show it off every once in awhile.

Trump the hell out of assholes like Slick Will who said he loathed the military or that dipshit Obama who only loved Muslim militaries.

Then why hasn't he gone into any actual combat zones to see the troupes like all of the other presidents have done? It's because he's a fucking COWARD and doesn't give two fucks about the military. But for fools such as yourself, keep deluding yourself.
Honoring and having pride in our military is good thing to do.
It is, but that is not what Trump's desire is. Trump wants to look big like the Frenchman. It's all about DJT

How do you know what Trump desires?

It will be a nice show of patriotism for the US. That is a good thing. After all, we have the greatest military in the history of the earth so it is good that we show it off every once in awhile.

Trump the hell out of assholes like Slick Will who said he loathed the military or that dipshit Obama who only loved Muslim militaries.

When the sports teams have their parades, they ride in vehicles, they don't have to march.

No. 95 percent of the enlisted personnel would regard this as a huge pain in the ass. Double if that person is in the Navy, because that will also require them to practice formations and marching for a week or so, because the last time anyone marches in the Navy is when they graduate A school. In boot camp, we marched everywhere. In A school, we marched from the barracks to the school and back. After I got to my permanent command? Didn't have to march a step, except when I was called on for crap like this.

Quick question......................have you ever had to march in formation for a couple of miles in full dress uniform during the summer? I have, and it ain't pleasant.

I've heard all Enlisted complain.
It's part of being in the military.

Way to deflect away from the question. Yes, there is a saying in the Navy that a bitching Sailor is a happy Sailor, but that is more poetic license than absolute truth.

And you can bet, if they are picked, they will bitch and complain like crazy, but it ain't gonna be happy bitching and complaining.

Now, answer my question...............have YOU ever marched for 1 to 2 miles in summer heat wearing a dress uniform? I have, and it ain't fun, nor is it something I cheerfully volunteer for. If called, I went, but I usually wasn't happy about it.

I look at it like my football years.
Hated practice!!!! Hot as a mother fucker wearing full pads and doing three a days.
So yes I know what it's like wearing a bunch of shit in searing weather for six hours a day and we did it at speed while knocking the shit out of each other.
But come Friday night you've forgotten all about the pain and suffering.
And these practices went on far longer than the week or so it might take to prepare for a parade.
All you're doing is walking down the street for a mile or so. Big whoop.

Trumps parade? Putin and Un will be the Grand Masters.

As someone who has marched many a time with a couple hundred pounds on my back, I can say without a doubt that all of you overly sanctimonious assholes in this thread who are politicizing your military service should be ashamed of yourselves. Don't do that.

A couple hundred huh?
Were you a pack mule or an infantryman?

From what I've been able to find the average infantryman carries 60 lbs.

As someone who has marched many a time with a couple hundred pounds on my back, I can say without a doubt that all of you overly sanctimonious assholes in this thread who are politicizing your military service should be ashamed of yourselves. Don't do that.

A couple hundred huh?

You are correct HereWeGoAgain. The average pack weight is 60 to 70 lbs.

Anyone who says they carried a couple of hundred lbs is either a superman or lying. I know of very few people who are fit enough to carry their own body weight over long distances.

This is the kind of shit they do in North Korea.

I was hoping that maybe we're better than that.
Trump ended the military exercise with South Korea.
One of the reasons is that it cost too much. 14 million.
But the parade only costs 12 million.
What a cost savings.

I hope Trumpy gets a uniform made. One with lots of gold braid and medals and epaulets of course.

And don’t forget the hat! Gotta have a proper military hat.

Maybe he could use that bowling trophy he won while Mueller was in Vietnam getting shot at - have it mounted above the visor as part of his hat.

.>>>>

Anyone who says they carried a couple of hundred lbs is either a superman or lying.

My ruck was over a hundred pounds. Though, most guys carry anywhere from 60 to 90 pounds these days.

And watch your mouth. I'm likely the very last person on this board you want to pull some shit like that with. Because I won't let you get away with it. I think I know fully well what my sack weighed better than you do.

Last edited:

A couple of hundred lbs on your back and you marched long distance? I call B.S., because the average backpack load is 60 to 70 lbs.

And, if you weighed 250 lbs, I know of very few people who are fit enough to carry their own body weight very far.

A couple hundred huh?

You are correct HereWeGoAgain. The average pack weight is 60 to 70 lbs.

Anyone who says they carried a couple of hundred lbs is either a superman or lying. I know of very few people who are fit enough to carry their own body weight over long distances.
I don't remember that I carried 70 lbs. We used to do 20 mile forced march to keep in shape. Force march means you run down the hill and walk up them at a forced pace. The heaviest thing I remember was the rifle. And of course we carried a pack. Half a tent, miniature shovel, clean shorts and socks and a few other things. But after hours of carrying that rifle, your arms were killing you. And they would throw tear gas at us. We had to stop, take off our helmut, put on your protective mask, blow out the contaminated air, then put the helmet back on. Guys that ran off did guard duty for ever.

Anyone who says they carried a couple of hundred lbs is either a superman or lying.

My ruck was over a hundred pounds.

And watch your mouth.

You originally claimed it was over 200 lbs. And, I call bullshit.

100 lbs, maybe, but your knees would be torn up if you did it for very long.

And, fuck you about watching my mouth ya sperm burping colon jouster.

Military parade requested by Trump initially estimated to cost $12M, official says
Will you attend? I live in Georgia but I will DEFINITELY be coming to DC to watch this! Might bring my dad or my wife...

I mean it makes sense. You don't work, so you have plenty of free time to go celebrate someone else who doesn't actually do his job.

I'm nearly two decades "retired" (third career, self-generated), and have all the free time I want. I am not alone in this circumstance.

The march will be held about 15 miles from my house. We could bike there. Or take the limo. Who knows? :auiqs.jpg:

Odium is on welfare. He is not you.

Who has said so?

Just curious.

He did.

MAYBE Putin will show up and review the troops , see how to best combine USA and Russian Troops into cohesive units to eradicate the 'euro muslim' hordes that will need to be eradicated in the future .

Forum List

Back