President Walker 2016

Who should Walker pick as his running mate in 2016?

• Total voters
I don't see how this is a subject change, and it is a very serious question: essentially it is a test of how seriously you actually take your claim that Walker is going to be the nominee.
If you disagree with the premise, don't participate in the poll or respond to the question.

Hrrm? You didn't say that to other people on the thread telling you you were wrong on the premise, so why respond differently now on this particular point about it? Is it because your realize your premise isn't likely to be actually true?
Do you feel slighted or something?

No, just intrigued by your inconsistency.
I'm sorry I hurt your fragile little ego, fuckface, but I know you'll get over it. :itsok:

You know that jumping to insults is precisely the sort of thing that makes serious political dialogue so difficult right? In general, insults aren't productive: they aren't likely to actually have an impact (I mean, why should I care what you think think of my ego or think that I'm a "fuckface"?). The primary result of insults is to make one's self actually less likely to listen to what other people have to say, because listening to someone who one has insulted would create serious cognitive dissonance. In this particular case, it is all the more interesting behavior in that you were apparently upset about me questioning the premise of your thread, but you've now spent far more time derailing the thread by attempting to make it a personal matter rather than discuss things. My tentative conclusions in this regard are that with a high probability you a) have spent too much time on parts of this board where the primary way of interacting with people is through insults or b) you already prefer insulting people rather than having a discussion or c) (and this seems most likely of the three), my point that you very likely aren't nearly as sure about Walker winning the nomination as you claim is accurate and apparently struck a nerve.

If you disagree with the premise, don't participate in the poll or respond to the question.

Hrrm? You didn't say that to other people on the thread telling you you were wrong on the premise, so why respond differently now on this particular point about it? Is it because your realize your premise isn't likely to be actually true?

I'm sorry I hurt your fragile little ego, fuckface, but I know you'll get over it. :itsok:

You know that jumping to insults is precisely the sort of thing that makes serious political dialogue so difficult right? In general, insults aren't productive: they aren't likely to actually have an impact (I mean, why should I care what you think think of my ego or think that I'm a "fuckface"?). The primary result of insults is to make one's self actually less likely to listen to what other people have to say, because listening to someone who one has insulted would create serious cognitive dissonance. In this particular case, it is all the more interesting behavior in that you were apparently upset about me questioning the premise of your thread, but you've now spent far more time derailing the thread by attempting to make it a personal matter rather than discuss things. My tentative conclusions in this regard are that with a high probability you a) have spent too much time on parts of this board where the primary way of interacting with people is through insults or b) you already prefer insulting people rather than having a discussion or c) (and this seems most likely of the three), my point that you very likely aren't nearly as sure about Walker winning the nomination as you claim is accurate and apparently struck a nerve.
Um, I think you give yourself way too much credit. If you disagree with the premise, just say so and move on. Your ego is hurt because I slapped down your childish attempt at derailing the thread with a ridiculous challenge to bet money on the premise of my question. This thread is not about whether Walker will get the nomination or not, and if you want to have that discussion, start your own thread.

Um, I think you give yourself way too much credit. If you disagree with the premise, just say so and move on. Your ego is hurt because I slapped down your childish attempt at derailing the thread with a ridiculous challenge to bet money on the premise of my question. This thread is not about whether Walker will get the nomination or not, and if you want to have that discussion, start your own thread.

Again, so why only focus on a single person questioning your premise and not others in the very same thread? When you have a coherent answer to that question, then we should talk. In the meantime, have a good weekend.

Again, so why only focus on a single person questioning your premise and not others in the very same thread? When you have a coherent answer to that question, then we should talk. In the meantime, have a good weekend.
I'll bet you $10 you can't answer his question.

he would pick someone not listed
Correct. All of those mentioned have way too big of an ego to be anyone's VP, except for Cruz, who knows he doesn't have a future in the Senate, and Fiorini, who doesn't have any other employment options after shitting the bed with HP. Jindal might accept, but nobody would pick him because he offers nothing except his 30% approval rating in LA.

Can anyone see Christie, Kasich, Bush, Trump, Perry playing second fiddle?

I'll bet you $10 you can't answer his question.

Challenge accepted.

The question isn't that hard. The most logical running mates for Walker given the list would be one of Kasich, Paul since they would both hit demographics that Walker would not as well as giving the ticket a feel for moderation. But if one is going to insist on keeping the potential VP nominations to candidates who are running, then similar logic would indicate that Pataki would actually be Walker's strongest running mate. But Pataki isn't an option here. Kasich would be better than Paul because Kasich has a longer history of actually reaching across the aisle. Have a good shabbos. When it is chol again, please donate $10 to AJWS.

You remind me of the guy who gets pulled over for speeding and says "But other people were speeding too, why did you pull ME over?" Tell ya what, I don't know you very well and you might not be as bad as most of the liberals here who try to derail all the threads by conservatives, so I'll apologize if I jumped to any conclusions and for calling you fuckface.

You remind me of the guy who gets pulled over for speeding and says "But other people were speeding too, why did you pull ME over?" Tell ya what, I don't know you very well and you might not be as bad as most of the liberals here who try to derail all the threads by conservatives, so I'll apologize if I jumped to any conclusions and for calling you fuckface.

Ok. It is understandable. I think there are people on both sides of the political aisle here who jump to the most unproductive derailment and insults pretty quickly. Unfortunately this is made even worse when the left only notices when the right does it and the right only notices when the left does it.

Ok. It is understandable. I think there are people on both sides of the political aisle here who jump to the most unproductive derailment and insults pretty quickly. Unfortunately this is made even worse when the left only notices when the right does it and the right only notices when the left does it.
Can't argue with that. :smile:

Problem for Walker is nobody knows who he is, he lacks charisma to stand out in a crowd of 15 candidates and risks getting lost in the shuffle

I don't see any issue that makes him stand out

CLfoXN2WUAAkU3s.jpg

Maybe the Koch brothers?

I know Trump has been gaining popularity lately but at this point in the race I'm gonna stick with Walker for a lot of reasons. But assuming he gets the nomination (which I believe he will), who should he pick as his running mate? Who would you choose for Walker?
Here we are just two months after the OP was written and Walker is out.

But we already all knew S.J. is a dumbshit.

Walker had a serious chance just a few months ago, but the Trump circus and show has sucked all of the oxygen out of the room.

Walker had a serious chance just a few months ago, but the Trump circus and show has sucked all of the oxygen out of the room.
He never had a chance. Trump, or no Trump.

Before Trump, this was a Bush vs. Clinton fight. The whole reason Trump is succeeding is because deep down inside, the people are repulsed by the idea of having to choose between another Bush and another Clinton.

Walker was not enough of a contrast to Bush. He was just another whitebread in a whole loaf of whitebreads.

Forum List

Back