Zone1 Privilege or Not?

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
When I think of all of the Black people who have negative and often deadly encounters with the police, this video is all the more incredulous. From the placating, to the acceptance of her refusing their lawfully issued commands, throughout all of it, no one was apparently fearful of this person although I'm not sure they weren't at least leery of her.

In any case around the 15 minute "Deborah" decides to take a different tactic and says some of the things that we hear daily on this board, except while she may very well believe 100% what she's saying, it's also obvious that she's making these comments to needle another white person.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
So you don't have to watch the video if you don't want, here's the outcome:
1717737805501.png

When I think of all of the Black people who have negative and often deadly encounters with the police, this video is all the more incredulous. From the placating, to the acceptance of her refusing their lawfully issued commands, throughout all of it, no one was apparently fearful of this person although I'm not sure they weren't at least leery of her.

In any case around the 15 minute "Deborah" decides to take a different tactic and says some of the things that we hear daily on this board, except while she may very well believe 100% what she's saying, it's also obvious that she's making these comments to needle another white person.

I've seen a hundred or more Youtube videos of blacks behaving worse and not getting treated as badly.

What’s OP‘s point? That a woman is racist? What is that supposed to prove?

Listen to what some of the liberals are yelling at innocent Jewish students! Bunch of Hitler wannabes.

The point is…..there are bigots are all over. Whites against blacks, for sure, but also blacks against whites and liberals against Jews. Not sure why we are supposed to pretend that it’s more of a problem ONLY when it goes against blacks.

Last edited:

Cops have to be saints to put up with this bullshit day in and day out.

I don't usually post these types of videos because it would be an endless series of one-upmanship and I know that there are just as many of these videos involving people who are not white but what I was trying to ask about is the double standard.

I've seen individuals on this board state repeatedly that the police have the right to shoot and kill Black people for refusing to comply with legally issued commands instead of in self-defense which is the legal standard for deadly force, including shooting a person in the back for attempting to run away from a traffic stop. We're not talking about a wanted felon, or someone who has a BOLO out on them indicating that they're armed & dangerous, I'm talking about pretty much regular traffic stops where the driver simply didn't want to go to jail, whatever their reasoning may have been or how ridiculous the reason in context of the overall situation.

Daunte Wright immediately came to mind as well as Sandra Bland. The disparate treatment between the way Black people are treated during police interactions is glaringly different than the way the police treat white people. The police apparently are so unfearful of white people that they're willing to roll around on the ground with a suspect, an extremely dangerous situation for an officer to allow him/herself be put into, and then have said suspect beat them with their own baton, with the suspect ultimately driving off in one of their patrol cars, in one such instance (see the video below - Jerry).

....[Kim] Potter, together with Anthony Luckey, a new officer she was training that day, pulled over Wright, a 20-year-old Black man, for having expired license tabs and a dangling air freshener on his rearview mirror — an infraction in Minnesota.​

The stop escalated when police realized that Wright, though not armed, was wanted for arrest for failing to appear in court on a weapons charge. As Luckey attempted to arrest and handcuff Wright, Wright wriggled away and got back into his car.​
Footage recorded by body-worn cameras and a dashboard camera in the squad car, which was played for jurors during the trial, captured the final chaotic moments of Wright's life.​
"I'm going to tase you," Potter shouted. But in her right hand was a dark 9 mm Glock pistol, not the bright yellow Taser that remained holstered on her left side. Five seconds later, she yelled, "Taser! Taser! Taser!" and then fired a single round into Wright's side. He was pronounced dead on the scene.​

Jerry beats police with their baton and departs with their patrol vehicle:

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
I don't usually post these types of videos because it would be an endless series of one-upmanship and I know that there are just as many of these videos involving people who are not white but what I was trying to ask about is the double standard.

I've seen individuals on this board state repeatedly that the police have the right to shoot and kill Black people for refusing to comply with legally issued commands instead of in self-defense which is the legal standard for deadly force, including shooting a person in the back for attempting to run away from a traffic stop. We're not talking about a wanted felon, or someone who has a BOLO out on them indicating that they're armed & dangerous, I'm talking about pretty much regular traffic stops where the driver simply didn't want to go to jail, whatever their reasoning may have been or how ridiculous the reason in context of the overall situation.

Daunte Wright immediately came to mind as well as Sandra Bland. The disparate treatment between the way Black people are treated during police interactions is glaringly different than the way the police treat white people. The police apparently are so unfearful of white people that they're willing to roll around on the ground with a suspect, an extremely dangerous situation for an officer to allow him/herself be put into, and then have said suspect beat them with their own baton, with the suspect ultimately driving off in one of their patrol cars, in one such instance (see the video below - Jerry).

....[Kim] Potter, together with Anthony Luckey, a new officer she was training that day, pulled over Wright, a 20-year-old Black man, for having expired license tabs and a dangling air freshener on his rearview mirror — an infraction in Minnesota.​

The stop escalated when police realized that Wright, though not armed, was wanted for arrest for failing to appear in court on a weapons charge. As Luckey attempted to arrest and handcuff Wright, Wright wriggled away and got back into his car.​
Footage recorded by body-worn cameras and a dashboard camera in the squad car, which was played for jurors during the trial, captured the final chaotic moments of Wright's life.​
"I'm going to tase you," Potter shouted. But in her right hand was a dark 9 mm Glock pistol, not the bright yellow Taser that remained holstered on her left side. Five seconds later, she yelled, "Taser! Taser! Taser!" and then fired a single round into Wright's side. He was pronounced dead on the scene.​

Jerry beats police with their baton and departs with their patrol vehicle:

Find me a post where anyone has said it’s OK to kill black people for refusing to comply with police instructions.

The police departments are the ones that need to be questioned and held accountable for the "double standard."
Most people will agree that there are "bad" officers in uniform out on the streets every day.
Most people will agree that certain areas of the country are more likely to have "bad" police departments.
Most people will agree that changes in how police officers are trained is needed.

As far as the citizens' behavior when being arrested and/or confronted with police: They alone are responsible for it. If they choose to do what the cops say and not act like damn fool, chances are they'll not have any problems while being arrested. If they choose to do the opposite of what they're told, chances are pretty high that things won't go so well for them. I was always taught to respect the police and do exactly what they tell you if ever pulled over or confronted by one. Some people aren't taught that at all. As a kid, during the summer, my grandparents would take me and my siblings to local police stations (and fire departments) and the cops would give us a tour, show us the jail cells, sit in a police car, and talk to us. That alone made a difference in how I saw cops.

There is no simple answer to what you are asking. Law enforcement personnel are the ones you should be asking. The answers you get will depend on the area of the country they are in, what type of training they have had, and their personal views/biases.

The police departments are the ones that need to be questioned and held accountable for the "double standard."
Most people will agree that there are "bad" officers in uniform out on the streets every day.
Most people will agree that certain areas of the country are more likely to have "bad" police departments.
Most people will agree that changes in how police officers are trained is needed.

As far as the citizens' behavior when being arrested and/or confronted with police: They alone are responsible for it. If they choose to do what the cops say and not act like damn fool, chances are they'll not have any problems while being arrested. If they choose to do the opposite of what they're told, chances are pretty high that things won't go so well for them. I was always taught to respect the police and do exactly what they tell you if ever pulled over or confronted by one. Some people aren't taught that at all. As a kid, during the summer, my grandparents would take me and my siblings to local police stations (and fire departments) and the cops would give us a tour, show us the jail cells, sit in a police car, and talk to us. That alone made a difference in how I saw cops.

There is no simple answer to what you are asking. Law enforcement personnel are the ones you should be asking. The answers you get will depend on the area of the country they are in, what type of training they have had, and their personal views/biases.
You might want to talk to the family of Roger Fortson and a number of others who are dead and were either in compliance or not resistiing. The fact here is that citizens do have rghts and we do not just have to do everything the police tell us. Police have been able to get away with violating our rights. Therefore we need a national policing standard. Most of the problems are caused due to pre textual stops and qualified immunity. Basically police have be given the authority to stop people because of what they think and then after that, they get to do whatever they want to that person wthout consequences. When a person is followed and stopped when they are not breaking any law, that's usually how the trouble starts.

When I think of all of the Black people who have negative and often deadly encounters with the police, this video is all the more incredulous.
Lol.
From the placating, to the acceptance of her refusing their lawfully issued commands, throughout all of it, no one was apparently fearful of this person although I'm not sure they weren't at least leery of her.
Uh huh. 🥱

When a person is followed and stopped when they are not breaking any law, that's usually how the trouble starts.
I've had that happen to me several times; many people have at some point. If someone has nothing to hide, they have nothing to worry about. Simply do what the police tell you and answer their questions.

Forum List

Back