Pro-Abortionists are against regulations! Major decisions in Texas.

Wow, Doctors actually see a need to perform abortions and hospitals. Doctors also describe abortion as a surgical procedure, that certainly flies in the face of some of these uninformed posts

Risk Factors for Legal Induced Abortion–Related Mortality in... : Obstetrics & Gynecology

Legal induced abortion is one of the most frequently performed surgical procedures in the United States. With approximately 1.2 million legal induced abortions performed in 1997,1 minimizing risk for women who choose to terminate their pregnancies is of clear public health importance.

Pregnancy-related deaths are deaths that occur among women within 1 year of pregnancy from complications of the pregnancy or delivery; deaths associated with complications of induced abortion2 (ie, abortion-related deaths) also are considered pregnancy related. Previous reports on abortion-related mortality for 1972–1987 have informed abortion policy and practice and improved safety for women. In addition, data on the lower risk of death with certain procedures and anesthetics have guided practice, substantially reducing the number of abortions conducted with methods found to be associated with increased risk.3–8 However, the medical practice and provision of abortion services continues to change. For example, since the mid-1990s, medical (ie, nonsurgical) regimens using abortifacients within the first 7 weeks of pregnancy have been used to terminate pregnancies.9 This report provides information on risk factors for abortion-related deaths among women who had abortions in recent years that will help inform and update policymakers and practitioners about abortion-related maternal mortality.

CONCLUSION: Although primary prevention of unintended pregnancy is optimal, among women who choose to terminate their pregnancies, increased access to surgical and nonsurgical abortion services may increase the proportion of abortions performed at lower-risk, early gestational ages and help further decrease deaths. (Obstet Gynecol 2004; 103:729–37. © 2004 by The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

The conclusion you posted here would seem to indicate the Texas law is more likely to increase rather than decrease abortion related deaths. It certainly does nothing to increase access to abortion services, which the conclusion states may "help further decrease deaths.".

Not all surgery is performed in a hospital.

Wow is all I can say.
Listening to the News out of Texas today I was surprised that the people who claim to be saving a Women's life and health are protesting against Regulations that will require Doctors to perform abortions in a Hospital type of surgical room instead of a simple office.

Seems to make sense, life saving health procedures need to be performed in Hospitals or Clinics that are designed for surgical/emergency procedures.

The advocates argue, this is about Health, in many cases life saving procedures.
So how is it that Democrats who are all about Health and Science are suddenly against REGULATIONS?

Photo: More rallies outside US Supreme Court building in Washington, DC, before abortion case set to be argued Wednesday morning - @oyez

Editor's note: The U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments this morning in Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt, a case that could determine how far states may go in regulating abortions without violating a woman’s constitutional rights. Two provisions of a Texas law are being challenged: one that requires abortion clinics to meet standards of ambulatory surgery centers, and one that requires abortion doctors to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals.

View attachment 65563

Do they perform vasectemies in hospital type surgical rooms?

Wow, Doctors actually see a need to perform abortions and hospitals. Doctors also describe abortion as a surgical procedure, that certainly flies in the face of some of these uninformed posts

Risk Factors for Legal Induced Abortion–Related Mortality in... : Obstetrics & Gynecology

Legal induced abortion is one of the most frequently performed surgical procedures in the United States. With approximately 1.2 million legal induced abortions performed in 1997,1 minimizing risk for women who choose to terminate their pregnancies is of clear public health importance.

Pregnancy-related deaths are deaths that occur among women within 1 year of pregnancy from complications of the pregnancy or delivery; deaths associated with complications of induced abortion2 (ie, abortion-related deaths) also are considered pregnancy related. Previous reports on abortion-related mortality for 1972–1987 have informed abortion policy and practice and improved safety for women. In addition, data on the lower risk of death with certain procedures and anesthetics have guided practice, substantially reducing the number of abortions conducted with methods found to be associated with increased risk.3–8 However, the medical practice and provision of abortion services continues to change. For example, since the mid-1990s, medical (ie, nonsurgical) regimens using abortifacients within the first 7 weeks of pregnancy have been used to terminate pregnancies.9 This report provides information on risk factors for abortion-related deaths among women who had abortions in recent years that will help inform and update policymakers and practitioners about abortion-related maternal mortality.

CONCLUSION: Although primary prevention of unintended pregnancy is optimal, among women who choose to terminate their pregnancies, increased access to surgical and nonsurgical abortion services may increase the proportion of abortions performed at lower-risk, early gestational ages and help further decrease deaths. (Obstet Gynecol 2004; 103:729–37. © 2004 by The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

Maybe you didn't read your own post:

"CONCLUSION: Although primary prevention of unintended pregnancy is optimal, among women who choose to terminate their pregnancies, increased access to surgical and nonsurgical abortion services may increase the proportion of abortions performed at lower-risk, early gestational ages and help further decrease deaths. (Obstet Gynecol 2004; 103:729–37. © 2004 by The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists."​

The Texas law is not increase access to earlier lower risk options, it's an attempt to DECREASE access which pushes abotions into later higher risk options with higher complication rates.

>>>>

life saving health procedures need to be performed in Hospitals or Clinics that are designed for surgical/emergency procedures.
No one disputes this but abortions are hardly "life saving". Should every medical procedure be done in a hospital or is there something special about abortions that doctors and the medical don't understand? Seems this is a case of government/politics/religion getting between a doctor and a patient. Just what opponents of Obamacare complain about.

There was a quote from Mother Teresa that I have always appreciated:

“It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.”
“There are two victims in every abortion: a dead baby and a dead conscience.”
Mother Teresa

13998192.357895.jpg

Sure I do. Abortion is what would have spared us you.
:lol:

That was so far out of left field it's not even funny.
But telling me I should be dead because you disagree with my view is not far out in left field? No, my comment is right on the mark, given the view of my life that you express.

Never said anything about you being dead. I'm just sad that you were ever born.

[
To compare, here are some estimates about deaths related to liposuction :
http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/P...rgeryandLifeSupport/Liposuction/ucm256139.htm

"Some of the studies indicate that the risk of death due to liposuction is as low as 3 deaths for every 100,000 liposuction operations performed. However, other studies indicate that the risk of death is between 20 and 100 deaths per 100,000 liposuction procedures. One study suggests that the death rate is higher in liposuction surgeries in which other surgical procedures are also performed at the same time. In order to understand the size of the risk, one paper compares the deaths from liposuction to that for deaths from car accidents (16 per 100,000). It is important to remember that liposuction is a surgical procedure and that there may be serious complications, including death."

Here is the CDC reporting on abortion related deaths from 2008 :
Abortion Surveillance — United States, 2009

"In 2008, the most recent year for which data were available, 12 women were reported to have died as a result of complications from known legal induced abortions. No reported deaths were associated with known illegal induced abortions."

Here is a report that deaths occur at a rate of 1/3000 to 1/30000 colonoscopies :
When to Worry About the Risks of Colonoscopy

Based on those numbers, what makes abortions in particular need of these regulations which, at least so far as I know, don't apply to other outpatient procedures with higher risk of death?

If Texas requires the same types of things from things like colonoscopy and liposuction, that's a different story.

Moral equivalency is not an argument

That doesn't answer my question. Why do abortions need these new regulations that other outpatient procedures with greater risk of death do not? Or do you think that all such procedures should have the same regulations, and if so, why do you think the Texas legislature only included abortions?

The point, of course, is that limiting the regulation to abortions makes it appear to be an attempt to limit abortions rather than make them safer in any way.
It is determined that abortion related deaths are are .5% per 100,000 and Colonoscopy deaths are .00003% of 100,000,000 and you think that is about the same? The .00003% is of the total number of Colonoscopies between 1966-2001

Give it a rest, this regulation just means your abortion doctor does not get to drive a brand new mercedes benz every year.

CONCLUSION: Although primary prevention of unintended pregnancy is optimal, among women who choose to terminate their pregnancies, increased access to surgical and nonsurgical abortion services may increase the proportion of abortions performed at lower-risk, early gestational ages and help further decrease deaths. (Obstet Gynecol 2004; 103:729–37. [emoji767] 2004 by The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

"CONCLUSION: Although primary prevention of unintended pregnancy is optimal, among women who choose to terminate their pregnancies, increased access to surgical and nonsurgical abortion services may increase the proportion of abortions performed at lower-risk, early gestational ages and help further decrease deaths. (Obstet Gynecol 2004; 103:729–37. [emoji767] 2004 by The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists."​

The Texas law is not increase access to earlier lower risk options, it's an attempt to DECREASE access which pushes abotions into later higher risk options with higher complication rates.

>>>>

All these anti choice folks are doing is ensuring there are MORE Gosnells, not fewer.

But telling me I should be dead because you disagree with my view is not far out in left field? No, my comment is right on the mark, given the view of my life that you express.

NOPE, you stated an abortion would of spared you of my life, play your word games somewhere else if you do not like be called out on them. You are not arguing with a Fetus.

Wow is all I can say.
Listening to the News out of Texas today I was surprised that the people who claim to be saving a Women's life and health are protesting against Regulations that will require Doctors to perform abortions in a Hospital type of surgical room instead of a simple office.

Seems to make sense, life saving health procedures need to be performed in Hospitals or Clinics that are designed for surgical/emergency procedures.

The advocates argue, this is about Health, in many cases life saving procedures.
So how is it that Democrats who are all about Health and Science are suddenly against REGULATIONS?

Photo: More rallies outside US Supreme Court building in Washington, DC, before abortion case set to be argued Wednesday morning - @oyez

*snip waste of bandwidth*

taking away access is not "regulation".

thanks for playing.

btw, no one is "pro abortion" we are "pro choice". the rabid right know that.

thanks for playing.

NOPE, you stated an abortion would of spared you of my life, play your word games somewhere else if you do not like be called out on them. You are not arguing with a Fetus.

that would be "would have".... perhaps you should learn how to use words before you get offended by people's appropriate use of language

[
http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/P...rgeryandLifeSupport/Liposuction/ucm256139.htm

"Some of the studies indicate that the risk of death due to liposuction is as low as 3 deaths for every 100,000 liposuction operations performed. However, other studies indicate that the risk of death is between 20 and 100 deaths per 100,000 liposuction procedures. One study suggests that the death rate is higher in liposuction surgeries in which other surgical procedures are also performed at the same time. In order to understand the size of the risk, one paper compares the deaths from liposuction to that for deaths from car accidents (16 per 100,000). It is important to remember that liposuction is a surgical procedure and that there may be serious complications, including death."

"In 2008, the most recent year for which data were available, 12 women were reported to have died as a result of complications from known legal induced abortions. No reported deaths were associated with known illegal induced abortions."

Here is a report that deaths occur at a rate of 1/3000 to 1/30000 colonoscopies :

Based on those numbers, what makes abortions in particular need of these regulations which, at least so far as I know, don't apply to other outpatient procedures with higher risk of death?

If Texas requires the same types of things from things like colonoscopy and liposuction, that's a different story.

That doesn't answer my question. Why do abortions need these new regulations that other outpatient procedures with greater risk of death do not? Or do you think that all such procedures should have the same regulations, and if so, why do you think the Texas legislature only included abortions?

The point, of course, is that limiting the regulation to abortions makes it appear to be an attempt to limit abortions rather than make them safer in any way.
It is determined that abortion related deaths are are .5% per 100,000 and Colonoscopy deaths are .00003% of 100,000,000 and you think that is about the same? The .00003% is of the total number of Colonoscopies between 1966-2001

Give it a rest, this regulation just means your abortion doctor does not get to drive a brand new mercedes benz every year.

How about a credible link.

that would be "would have".... perhaps you should learn how to use words before you get offended by people's appropriate use of language
aint that so

How about a credible post, I do not need to re-link what is included in another's post quoted within mine.

Seawytch, hey, are you not the one advocating for eunuchs to raise children, or as you put it, gender-less based people? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I appreciate it.

"CONCLUSION: Although primary prevention of unintended pregnancy is optimal, among women who choose to terminate their pregnancies, increased access to surgical and nonsurgical abortion services may increase the proportion of abortions performed at lower-risk, early gestational ages and help further decrease deaths. (Obstet Gynecol 2004; 103:729–37. © 2004 by The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists."​

>>>>
Increasing access to better Medical Facilities is a danger? Oh, I get it, you are threatening to close your abortion clinic if you have to spend money on quality medical facilities that could save a woman's life.

You do not have to close your office, you simply have to make it able to handle all the problems known to be caused by your "Doctors". This is about Woman's health, and you obviously do not care about the level of Care, given.

How about a credible post, I do not need to re-link what is included in another's post quoted within mine.

Seawytch, hey, are you not the one advocating for eunuchs to raise children, or as you put it, gender-less based people? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I appreciate it.

Asking for a link when you are citing something is a credible post. Was the link in your OP? I'm on a phone so going back to previous posts isn't as easy. I'll just assume you don't actually have a credible link.

No, I never said anything about eunuchs or people with no gender raising children...but I'm sure they would make fine parents. Plumbing has nothing to do with good parenting.

>>>>
Increasing access to better Medical Facilities is a danger? Oh, I get it, you are threatening to close your abortion clinic if you have to spend money on quality medical facilities that could save a woman's life.

You do not have to close your office, you simply have to make it able to handle all the problems known to be caused by your "Doctors". This is about Woman's health, and you obviously do not care about the level of Care, given.

Forcing clinics to close because they are not within 30 miles of a hospital to be able to do a medical abortion (abortion pill) is not "increasing access" to better medical facilities because if you close the clinic you are decreasing access.

Why does a clinic have to meet have surgical standards to issue a pill but a clinic that does liposuction, colonoscopies, oral surgery, and eye laser surgery does not?

>>>>

[

Wow. OK, you seem to have a real problem with numbers. First of all, comparing abortion related deaths per 100,000 and colonoscopy deaths per 100,000,000 makes no sense. Second, you have fluctuated wildly in your own numbers, first claiming 700 abortion related deaths per 100,000, then switching to 0.7 abortion related deaths per 100,000. You might want to try a little consistency. Third, the link I provided said that death occurred in about 0.003 to 0.03 percent of colonoscopies, not of every 100,000 colonoscopies. It went on to say that death occurred in between 1/3,000 and 1/30,000 colonoscopies. That would be between 3.3 and 33.3 deaths per 100,000 colonoscopies, a higher number than the 0.7 abortion deaths number you provided. To be fair, because the numbers encompass such a long time period, it's hard to know how many deaths occurred in the past compared to modern times.

Asking for a link when you are citing something is a credible post. Was the link in your OP? I'm on a phone so going back to previous posts isn't as easy. I'll just assume you don't actually have a credible link.

No, I never said anything about eunuchs or people with no gender raising children...but I'm sure they would make fine parents. Plumbing has nothing to do with good parenting.
Land of the Seawytch is how I remember your incredible opinions. The link was in the post you questioned, in the quotes, that I took the information from.

Forum List

Back