Pro-choice at record low...41 percent.

Ah. There it is. And the culprit is just as I figured.

So why has the teen birth rate, abortion rate, and unplanned pregnancy rate all continued to climb (with occasional, small blips every now and then)?

We have been through this before. You know very well the abortion rate has not climbed in decades. It has been declining.

No, I don't know that. Nobody knows that because there are no accurate stats. PP doesn't have to keep them in many states..and they don't. In the states where they do keep them, they lie.

Proof?

Looking at the number of abortions over time, and seeing a virtually flat line, tells you that the rate of abortions has been decreasing. That is because our population has been growing, while the number of abortions has been steady.

The abortion rate in the United States, which has declined steadily since a 1981 peak of more than 29 abortions per 1,000 women, stalled between 2005 and 2008, at slightly less than 20 abortions per 1,000 women, according to a new report from the Guttmacher Institute.

That is a 33 percent decline in the rate of abortions between the 1981 peak and 2005.

That is pretty significant.

Looking at the number of abortions over time, and seeing a virtually flat line, tells you that the rate of abortions has been decreasing. That is because our population has been growing, while the number of abortions has been steady.

The abortion rate in the United States, which has declined steadily since a 1981 peak of more than 29 abortions per 1,000 women, stalled between 2005 and 2008, at slightly less than 20 abortions per 1,000 women, according to a new report from the Guttmacher Institute.

That is a 33 percent decline in the rate of abortions between the 1981 peak and 2005.

She claims they're lying - even though the same people have been tracking all along.

So why has the teen birth rate, abortion rate, and unplanned pregnancy rate all continued to climb (with occasional, small blips every now and then)?

We have been through this before. You know very well the abortion rate has not climbed in decades. It has been declining.

No, I don't know that. Nobody knows that because there are no accurate stats. PP doesn't have to keep them in many states..and they don't. In the states where they do keep them, they lie.

LOL kosher babbling about accuracy in stats, even though she thinks the stats about abortions performed before Roe v Wade are perfectly accurate.

I mean in those days of course every girl went out of her way to tell the gov't she illegally had an abortion, so those stats are perfectly accurate!

Is that the tack you are taking now? :lol:

You were slaughtered with statistics last time. I can understand why you have decided to just make stuff up now. :eusa_shhh:

She claims they're lying - even though the same people have been tracking all along.

It does not fit the imaginary fantasy she is spinning about Kinsey and...whatever the hell it is she is on about.

I thought you loved the accuracy of abortion statistics. :lol:

It does not fit the imaginary fantasy she is spinning about Kinsey and...whatever the hell it is she is on about.

Yeah, I dunno. I think she's in a manic phase.

The dog in her avvie is probably rabid.

No little girl, it is a word to cover up abortion by libs. :eusa_whistle:

Pro-choice....choice for what.....cheeseburgers, clean air, less taxes, etc. No, abortion.

Just throwin this out there. Pro-choice does not mean pro-abortion.....
There is that key word in there "choice"

Pro-choice....choice for what.....cheeseburgers, clean air, less taxes, etc. No, abortion.

Don't patronize me.

Pro choice as in the choice between have and not having an abortion. Conservative pigs just decided to say hey, we aren't being big enough jerks about this, let's twist this term into something to better fit our agenda. I have never heard of someone going out and telling people they need to get an abortion just because they are pregnant. Which is what pro-abortion would really mean if used correctly.

The better educated people are about birth control, the bigger dent we can make in the number of abortions. If people don't have an unwanted pregnancy to begin with, they won't get an abortion.

More than 46 percent of abortions are the result of unwanted pregnancies caused by not using birth control of any kind.

It seems to me that the chart Seawytch quoted indicates there is some overlap between the pro-choice and pro-life groups which can come to agreement about the need for birth control education.

There are those in the pro-life group who will never condone birth control education. They are not worth making the effort to convince.

However, I believe most rational people on both sides can work together toward this goal.

The end result would be much less abortions, which is what pro-lifers want.

The perfect is the enemy of the good. We will never entirely eliminate abortions, even if Roe v Wade was overturned tomorrow. In fact, I have solid evidence the number of abortions would be unchanged if Roe v Wade was overturned tomorrow.

Many pro-choice people would never get an abortion themselves. They believe others should be free to do so, but many are abhorrent at the sheer number of abortions. So both sides can agree that something needs to be done to bring that number down.

Once the number of abortions is brought way, way down by increased birth control education, then abortion will not be the casually accepted social norm it is now that keeps people like koshergirl awake at night.

So let's introduce a little sanity into this very hot subject.

:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
The better educated people are about birth control, the bigger dent we can make in the number of abortions. If people don't have an unwanted pregnancy to begin with, they won't get an abortion.

More than 46 percent of abortions are the result of unwanted pregnancies caused by not using birth control of any kind.

It seems to me that the chart Seawytch quoted indicates there is some overlap between the pro-choice and pro-life groups which can come to agreement about the need for birth control education.

There are those in the pro-life group who will never condone birth control education. They are not worth making the effort to convince.

However, I believe most rational people on both sides can work together toward this goal.

The end result would be much less abortions, which is what pro-lifers want.

The perfect is the enemy of the good. We will never entirely eliminate abortions, even if Roe v Wade was overturned tomorrow. In fact, I have solid evidence the number of abortions would be unchanged if Roe v Wade was overturned tomorrow.

Many pro-choice people would never get an abortion themselves. They believe others should be free to do so, but many are abhorrent at the sheer number of abortions. So both sides can agree that something needs to be done to bring that number down.

Once the number of abortions is brought way, way down by increased birth control education, then abortion will not be the casually accepted social norm it is now that keeps people like koshergirl away at night.

So let's introduce a little sanity into this very hot subject.

:eusa_angel:
:clap2: <--- Just this

You are pro-abortion, quit lying. Pro-choice is bullshit when PP and other agencies hardly mention the other options for women, abortion is the moneymaker and option #1.

You support a woman's right to go kill her unborn baby so she can cover up having sex with Bubba, keep going to school, etc.

When you die, you will have to answer to supporting killing unborn babies, but enjoy killing them here on Earth.

Most abortions are done by repeat offenders, not rape or incest victims like sold to the general public. Most Americans support limited abortions for the extreme cases but you scum want any girl/woman to be able to roll into a clinic to kill her baby out of convenience.

Oh, where is the choice for the baby?

Don't patronize me.

Pro choice as in the choice between have and not having an abortion. Conservative pigs just decided to say hey, we aren't being big enough jerks about this, let's twist this term into something to better fit our agenda. I have never heard of someone going out and telling people they need to get an abortion just because they are pregnant. Which is what pro-abortion would really mean if used correctly.

You are pro-abortion, quit lying. Pro-choice is bullshit when PP and other agencies hardly mention the other options for women, abortion is the moneymaker and option #1.

You support a woman's right to go kill her unborn baby so she can cover up having sex with Bubba, keep going to school, etc.

When you die, you will have to answer to supporting killing unborn babies, but enjoy killing them here on Earth.

Most abortions are done by repeat offenders, not rape or incest victims like sold to the general public. Most Americans support limited abortions for the extreme cases but you scum want any girl/woman to be able to roll into a clinic to kill her baby out of convenience.

Don't patronize me.

I encourage you to go back and read my previous posts. I have stated that I would never get an abortion (due to personal reasons) and think that there need to be more resitrictions placed on when a woman can get an abortion. I never falsely stated that a majority of them happen because of rape and/or incest, or that it was a good thing there are "repeat offenders". I utterly hate shows like "Teen Mom" that make it OK for teens to get pregnant.

Also plannedparenthood does notify people of it's options. This was taken directly from their website:
If you are pregnant, you have options. If you are trying to decide if abortion is the right choice for you, you probably have many things to think about. Learning the facts about abortion may help you in making your decision. You may also want to learn more about parenting and adoption.
Plannedparenthood

So don't tell me they don't let people know about other options.

Don't patronize me.

That woman you are denigrating was once a fetus. So essentially, you're saying she only has rights until she gets out of the uterus.

Oh, once born....you can now kill anyone coming after you. :cuckoo:

Don't patronize me.

That woman you are denigrating was once a fetus. So essentially, you're saying she only has rights until she gets out of the uterus.

I'm just taking an informal poll. Where do you stand on birth control and birth control education?

I wonder if Bezerk has the same bleeding heart for all the dead babies and children as a result of the War in Iraq?

Wow....PP puts on their "website." Uh, it's called covering their ass.....good PR.

When a girl or woman strolls into PP to discuss abortion, PP makes more money killing the baby than promoting the thought of actually keeping the baby. PP hides behind "women's healthcare" procedures many of their clinics don't perform, but they do abortions.

Anyone that is pro-choice....is pro-abortion.

Don't patronize me.

I encourage you to go back and read my previous posts. I have stated that I would never get an abortion (due to personal reasons) and think that there need to be more resitrictions placed on when a woman can get an abortion. I never falsely stated that a majority of them happen because of rape and/or incest, or that it was a good thing there are "repeat offenders". I utterly hate shows like "Teen Mom" that make it OK for teens to get pregnant.

Also plannedparenthood does notify people of it's options. This was taken directly from their website:
If you are pregnant, you have options. If you are trying to decide if abortion is the right choice for you, you probably have many things to think about. Learning the facts about abortion may help you in making your decision. You may also want to learn more about parenting and adoption.
Plannedparenthood

So don't tell me they don't let people know about other options.

Forum List

Back