Protesters in Wisconsin cause $7.5 million in damage to State House

Which is why I suggest they clean it up and be done with it.

When all is said and done, my guess is the cost will be maybe $20 bucks for some kind of solvent and a couple of hundred bucks to pay some local kids to scrub the goo off... oh, wait, the janitors union won't allow non-union kids to do the work, make that about $30,000 in janitors fees and 20 bucks in solvent.

Immie
thats not ALL the damage done
That and damage to the grass are the only damage you idiots have been able to cite in the past 300+ posts

State Sen. Tom Niehaus accuses protesters of defecating in Statehouse: PolitiFact Ohio | cleveland.com

Seems like Wisconsin Repubs copied from the Ohio playbook. Even though Ohio's only lasted about a whole 2 seconds.

The politicians way of stretching the truth:

I don't want to hear it when his spokesperson comes out and clarifies what he meant, that they tracked people as they entered and exited the restroom stalls and they know for a fact that dumps were made.

"Unfortunately, we have documented instances where people defecated in the building. We have documented instances where they have written on the walls,"

Writing on the wall? While someone was in the restroom, he wrote, "Call Johnny for a good time. 757-555-1212"

Immie

Well, you want to clutch your pearls after a building needs a clean up after a large gathering...go right ahead. Keep that $7.5 million figure close to your heart...I'm sure we'll be seeing it from you again. :eusa_whistle:

But, I'll tell you what Allie...since you are afraid that people will think there is nothing to see...I would be glad to keep bumping this issue once the actual costs come out...and beyond. How's that?
Cool......Are you then going to admit that a bunch of losers caused damage to the building?

You should not speak of Republican congressmen in such a way.
I wasn't.......I was speaking of disrectful union type protesters, to include the teachers, who decided it was ok to damage public property.

Disrespectful, dirty lil' bastards.

Last edited:
..... the number is so high because there are 43 different kinds of marble in the Capitol and tape used to put up signs could stain the marble.
Will the Republicavs provide pictures to show what $7.5 million worth of "tape damage" looks like?

When all is said and done, my guess is the cost will be maybe $20 bucks for some kind of solvent and a couple of hundred bucks to pay some local kids to scrub the goo off... oh, wait, the janitors union won't allow non-union kids to do the work, make that about $30,000 in janitors fees and 20 bucks in solvent.

Immie

I've got marble surfaces in my home. It is easy to clean and doesn't stain easy. I'll tell you what.....I will put different types of tape on it and see if it costs $7.5 million to clean it up

Someone on the fark.com link offered to do it for 200k, 100k if they paid airfare and a hotel room. My family and I will do it for 75k, airfare, hotel room and materials i.e. the goo removal equipment.

Me thinks the estimate for repairs came out of some politician's rectum which is where all of their estimates generally begin.

Immie

The estimate came from .....we will have to replace all this priceless marble because it has been fouled by liberal tape marks

The truth is that there is substantial damage.

Typical partisan idiocy to pretend that's not the issue.

Define "substantial damage". Some bullets lying around and tape marks...Big whoop.
Yeah, and all that trash lying in and around your single wide is just "big whoop." eh, slob?

It's charming, yet uncalled for personal shots like this that help people here take you oh so seriously, Wicked. :lol::lol::lol:

the only other damaged mentioned was non-existent bullet marks and, just in the last few pages, some damage to the grass

Actually, damage to the marble, and landscaping damage.

Nice dishonest post there, bud.

What they have claimed is tape marks on marble. Someone needs to show that costs $350 k let alone $7.5 million

They got caught in a major lie and are now trying to pad whatever charges they can

"But....but...they ignored "Keep off the grass" signs"

That's AT LEAST 1 million right there, RW.

This thread is the poster child for logical fallacy.
This thread, and pretty much any thread that the left starts...

True....$7.5 million....definitely the poster child for logical fallacy and gross governmental overestimation of costs.

(Makes one wonder about this so called budget deficit they have, doesn't it?)

That's not what the OP said. It said there were an estimated $7.5 million in damages to 40 types of marble. Some estimate
So what?.......It's being revised. Are you still going to defend your fellow lunatics for trashing the fucking place?

One thing this thread is proving, is that you people are a bunch o' disrespectful lil' morons.

Tape is "trashing"????
:disbelief:

Union tape is.

If it's red, white, & blue Real American Republican tape, it's enhancement.

Which is why I suggest they clean it up and be done with it.

Immie

Lol....that seems to be the flap. The damage isn't great, but if Union workers are going to clean it up, the sky's the limit as to what it will cost...

Check out this link...some funny, funny comments. Particularly the bids on cleaning it up:

FARK.com: (6006194) Wisconsin officials claim painter's tape used by protesters has caused $7.5 million in damage to granite walls of the Capitol

Yes...apparently the sky is at $7.5 million. BTW...anyone else ever use painter's tape? It's not supposed to leave marks.

So what?.......It's being revised. Are you still going to defend your fellow lunatics for trashing the fucking place?

One thing this thread is proving, is that you people are a bunch o' disrespectful lil' morons.

Tape is "trashing"????
:disbelief:
YEP!.......Particularly because they just left the shit hanging there. Disrespectful bastards didn't even even have the class to take their trash with 'em.

You have pictures of them leaving their evil painter's tape there? I can understand it taking $7.5 million to remove pieces of painter's tape....Oh THE HUMANITIE!!!!

..... the number is so high because there are 43 different kinds of marble in the Capitol and tape used to put up signs could stain the marble.
Will the Republicavs provide pictures to show what $7.5 million worth of "tape damage" looks like?

Yes........and there will be palm trees in the background

change-litter-box-800X800.jpg

If that was a union cat and a republican cleaning it up, it will run AT LEAST $2 million to do that.

That's not what the OP said. It said there were an estimated $7.5 million in damages to 40 types of marble. Some estimate

You're calling people names and they're being disrespectful?

You're going to accuse right of defending lunatics while you act like lowering the estimate from 7.5 million to 3.5k doesn't highlight the absurdity of the original numbers Walker's men gave?

:cuckoo:

You and Dive are really coming unhinged on this one. You're so eager to sling mud and paint the protesters and marauders razing the city to the ground that you've lost all sense

Painters tape will do that.

Forum List

Back