Protests in 30+ Cities Against Rump Bigotry EO

I don't get this. Where does our constitution say that everyone else on the planet, has some sort of right to come to this country, and be a citizen? Where does anything say this?

And if there is no right to be a US citizen, then no rights are violated.

If no rights are violated...... what the heck are you protesting?

if drumpf was SO concerned about fighting extremist fundy islamists... the question begs:

why aren't pakistanis banned? pakistan allowed osama bin laden safe haven to hide in plain sight.

& why isn't saudi arabia on that list ...where the 19 highjackers originated from?

NOT one terrorist act on american soil has been carried out by anyone from the countries he's imposed a ban.

Because they used obama's already existing list naming seven countries with a high level of terrorists. They are talking about expanding to add more countries.

those 2 countries should have been first & second, yet they weren't even a thought. why was that?

Ask Trump.

Jefferson would not have considered protesting to let in hostile groups who like to randomly murder US, to be patriotism.

4-14-15-boston-bombing.jpg

not one terrorist act carried out here was from one of those countries on the list. nice try though.

LOL!!!

can you prove otherwise? me thinx not. why weren't pakistanis & saudiis on that list?

A good question. I wish that they were. Still, far better than anything we have seen out of our government for a long, long time.

sounds ripe for continuous lawsuits.

I'm sure that leftist lawyers will show up and try their hardest to put Americans at needless risk.

Part of the cost of doing business.

What next? Code Pink and Cindy Sheehan? Where were these idiots the last 8 years?

Last edited:

Jefferson would not have considered protesting to let in hostile groups who like to randomly murder US, to be patriotism.

not one terrorist act carried out here was from one of those countries on the list. nice try though.

LOL!!!

can you prove otherwise? me thinx not. why weren't pakistanis & saudiis on that list?

A good question. I wish that they were. Still, far better than anything we have seen out of our government for a long, long time.

NOT that nationalities determine terrorism BUT since that was the basis ....

Saudi Arabia: 15 of the 9/11 hijackers
UAE............. 2
Egypt............1
Lebanon......1

Countries on Rump's Shitlist.............. zero

You confuse protests with tantrums.

Nope. The protests are in post 1, the tantrums are (so far) in 2 and 3.

A place for everything and everything in its place.

Whoopsie --- edit, make that post 4 too.
Dear Pogo
Its not a clearcut divide by political leaning and label.

Didn't say anything like that. I noted who's throwing the tantrums. That isn't a political observation.

Just like with the increased restrictions.
Yes it is going to block both the high risk pool and its going to block innocent people who haven't any intent to commit crimes much less terrorism.

Its like how the health care mandates did not discriminate between people with intent to freeload off the public vs law abiding citizens who want to pay for health care through free market and charity . the mandates imposed by obamas administration deprived ALL CITIZENS of due process to defend our free choice from denial and infringement. Well Trumps mandates affect both the law abiding and the criminal risks without distinguishing the two.

In obamas case the argument was govt had a compelling interest to impose mandates "as the only way to save lives" while millions disagreed that this extreme was necessary to save lives that could be saved without mandates on all citizens.

Now similar is happening here. Trump argues the govt has a compelling interest to impose restrictions for national security and safety, but protestors are contesting this as not necessary to impose on law abiding people with no criminal intent

Great! WHERE WERE all these protestors when it was US CITIZENS losing our right to free choice without having committed any crime? Why aren't the same respect and protection of rights defended for taxpaying citizens that are voiced for noncitizens?

Surely if we are going to protest mass violation of due process in depriving people of liberty, the taxpaying citizens should be at least as respected and defended as the courtesy shown to immigrants who aren't even citizens yet.

You already know I'm on your side on that issue but it's not the topic here. So no, I'm afraid it's not "like" that.
Don't slow the Mo.
Pogo and when you tried to generalize who's throwing tantrums you did this based on label. But in truth there are tantrum types on BOTH left and right, and there are Sincere Constitutional arguments on both left and right.

Its not clearcut like you say.

So you make a similar mistake Trump is criticized for by NOT making a distinction between ppl individual "intent" but treating ppl by group label.

USA Today -- This is Bigly.

>> Protests targeted major airports from Los Angeles to Chicago to New York. Other demonstrations were taking place in town squares and smaller airports from Bangor, Maine, to Bloomington, Ind., to Boise.

At San Francisco's airport, hundreds of people choked the international terminal for a second straight day, waving sings that read "Let Them In" and "No Ban No Wall." A phalanx of lawyers lined up to offer free legal aid to refugees affected by the executive order.

Protesters began swarming major airports Saturday. In Chicago, thousands of demonstrators gathered at O'Hare International Airport. In New York, more than 2,000 at John F. Kennedy Airport chanted "Let them in!" At Los Angeles International Airport, 200 protesters, shouted, "No Trump, No KKK, No fascist USA."

In Dallas, Mayor Mike Rawlings on Sunday afternoon met with travelers who had been held at the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, handing them bouquets of white roses and telling reporters, "The tide is turning and the sun is rising — and these important visitors to our city are here. We have wished them welcome and we have apologized from the depths of our heart," WFAA-TV reported.

In Virginia, the advocacy group CASA's call for a rally at Dulles International Airport drew dozens of placard-carrying protesters.

“We will not stop until this executive order is canceled and we arrive at common-sense, immigration reform that takes into account the lives of immigrant and refugee families,” CASA Virginia state director Michelle LaRue said.

JFK Airport New York:
1000x563

Washington:
1000x563

Copley Square, Boston:

636213000424354526-GTY-633017722-001.jpg

LAX Airport:
1000x563

Sea-Tac Seattle:

1000x563

One sign sums it up perfectly:

Christians ≠ KKK
Muslims ≠ ISIS
END OF STORY

This reaction makes one proud. Right on Patriots. :salute:
Obama band Ed Iraqi citizens. You have rn case. The bigot are all on your side.

if drumpf was SO concerned about fighting extremist fundy islamists... the question begs:

why aren't pakistanis banned? pakistan allowed osama bin laden safe haven to hide in plain sight.

& why isn't saudi arabia on that list ...where the 19 highjackers originated from?

NOT one terrorist act on american soil has been carried out by anyone from the countries he's imposed a ban.

Because they used obama's already existing list naming seven countries with a high level of terrorists. They are talking about expanding to add more countries.

those 2 countries should have been first & second, yet they weren't even a thought. why was that?

They used what was already in existence so they could get it done quickly. That's what Preibus said anyway. <shrug> It's a start.

Here:

Perhaps other countries needed to be added to an executive order going forward, but in order to do this in a way that's expeditious and in a way that would past muster quickly, we used the seven countries that have already been codified and identified by both the Obama administration and the Congress," Priebus said. "This was all done for the protection of Americans, and waiting another three days and waiting another three weeks is something that we don't want to get wrong."

He also said that the fact that Trump owns properties in some nations that were not included in the ban, including Saudi Arabia and Turkey, had nothing to do with the order."

Priebus: We 'apologize for nothing' on travel ban implementation

LOL!!!

UAE............. 2
Egypt............1
Lebanon......1

As you are attacking the use of nationalities to determine who we need to ban from travelling to the US, for our safety, what basis would you prefer for such a ban?

Psychological profiles?

Good, let Americans know who is on their side. And who is their enemy.

dissent.jpg

LOL!!!

They certainly should be, but this is better than simply flinging the doors open to whoever wants to come here regardless of where they are from.

I don't get this. Where does our constitution say that everyone else on the planet, has some sort of right to come to this country, and be a citizen? Where does anything say this?

the crux is the denial of entry for refugees based on their religion. muslims are denied, whereas christians will not be & in fact, they will be favored. that is unconstitutional.

The left still believes this is 1800 and America needs another 100 million or so, and they don't care where they come from.

What it really boils down to, is the left doesn't believe in a nations sovereignty, or it's borders. They believe in a one world, where any inhabitant can live or go where they choose unencumbered.

the crux is the denial of entry for refugees based on their religion. muslims are denied, whereas christians will not be & in fact, they will be favored. that is unconstitutional.

Not necessarily.

Where these "protesters" are coming from? Don't they have jobs? Apparently, if they have jobs they are paid protesters making an extra buck on the side or freeloaders on welfare making an extra buck on the side. The age of cell phones...being on-call. Soros pays them. He needs to be investigated and charged under
18 U.S. Code § 2101 - Riots

LOL!!!

UAE............. 2
Egypt............1
Lebanon......1

The plot sickens..........

>> Conspicuously, Trump doesn't hold any business interests in any of the countries on the list, but holds major stakes in several of those excluded from it, records show.

Friday’s executive order, signed at the Pentagon, suspends the issuing of U.S. visas or travel permits to people from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

Not a single American was killed on U.S. soil by citizens from any of those countries between 1975 and 2015, according to statistics tallied by the conservative-leaning Cato Institute.

However, the same set of statistics show that nearly 3,000 Americans were killed by citizens from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt in the same time period — with the bulk of those killed being victims of the 9/11 attacks. Yet, people from those three countries are still welcome to apply for U.S. visas and travel permits.

In a striking parallel, Trump’s sprawling business empire — which he has refused to rescind ownership of — holds multi-million dollar licensing and development deals in all of those countries, raising potential conflict of interest concerns and alarming questions over what actually went into the decision process behind Friday’s executive order.

-- Rump Ban Excludes his Sprawling Business Empire.

Not to worry Xenophobes ---- considering his track record those businessess will be bankrupt before you can say "John Miller".

Where these "protesters" are coming from? Don't they have jobs?

On our planet we call this a "weekend".

Apparently, if they have jobs they are paid protesters making an extra buck on the side or freeloaders on welfare making an extra buck on the side. The age of cell phones...being on-call. Soros pays them.

Link?

Why would George Soros be spending money on what's already happening? Why would anybody?

From the text:

b) Upon the resumption of USRAP admissions, the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, is further directed to make changes, to the extent permitted by law, to prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual's country of nationality. Where necessary and appropriate, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security shall recommend legislation to the President that would assist with such prioritization.

Full text of Trump's executive order on 7-nation ban, refugee suspension - CNNPolitics.com

LOL!!!

UAE............. 2
Egypt............1
Lebanon......1

Hmmmm similar to how Obamas selective list of industry organizations and unions EXEMPTED from employer mandates happened to grow to include political allies.

Hmmmmm.

Pogo I am glad to you know you weren't fooled or silenced by the politics over Obamas ACA mandates . but still, the protests on the left that targeted Trumps mandates and remain silent on Obamas hurt their credibility.

You and I end up having to argue harder as progressives that ppl know we didn't support that. But we can only defend ourselves, the rest are going to be seen as hypocrites who put party agenda and political points before Constitutional principles that apply to all cases, not just when they are convenient to ones arguments .

If you dont want to be assumed and judged by label, then dont group and judge ppl as a class either. I can distinguish you from the rest, but when you come across as defensive along partisan lines or labels, others will assume and see you like all the other liberals in the crowd making no distinction. Dont give up, but keep sticking to principles as the focus of your arguments , not labels. That's what will distinguish you from others that base their attacks on party lines.

Forum List

Back