Protests Over Proposed Showing of Blazing Saddles

I loved that film.

I guarantee the OP is an example of a nothing burger.

I guarantee the one making post #9 if a NL.
Damn! It's so unfair that trumpanzees get labeled racists for no reason!

Damn, if you're going to call me one at least apply the definition correctly. You lose. That's what happens when you associate yourself with low IQ, poorly educated people. It might make you feel better but it puts you in a losing spot.
"if you're going to call me one"...... call you one what?

I loved that film.

Damn, if you're going to call me one at least apply the definition correctly. You lose. That's what happens when you associate yourself with low IQ, poorly educated people. It might make you feel better but it puts you in a losing spot.

What you label me.

I loved that film.

What you label me.
"What you label me".......English please.

What you label me.

It is. Should I put it in ebonics?

What you label me.

Didn't you already do so?

That article is from a satire site. :lol:

This website is satirical in scope and intent. It provides social criticism in a satirical, sometimes news-genre setting.

Terms and Conditions | Nevada County Scooper
There is no distinction between satire and reality anymore.

Other than the satire hasn't actually happened, maybe. :)
Nothing is too absurd to be considered satire now thanks to the insane left.

:lol:

So it's "the left's" fault that you got suckered?

Your desire to believe overwhelmed whatever limited amount of critical thinking you possess - and you won't (or can't) take responsibility for your failure.
OH... :anj_stfu:

Hell yes it was a funny movie. And the people protesting it are causing harm. Ridiculing racism is the best way to fight it.
As I recall the movie constantly took shots at racists.

That was Brooks' intent. Couldn't get away with that now without at least someone being all butt-hurt about it.
But you can make fun of White folks all you want...that's just PC.
White folks are such victims.
Aren't you white?

What you label me.

That you can't prove or support your claim about me we'll take that as your concession you can't. Wave the white flag of surrender. You lost.

Hell yes it was a funny movie. And the people protesting it are causing harm. Ridiculing racism is the best way to fight it.

That was Brooks' intent. Couldn't get away with that now without at least someone being all butt-hurt about it.
Aren't you white?
Kind of a tannish-pink, actually.

What you label me.

That you can't prove or support your claim about me we'll take that as your concession you can't. Wave the white flag of surrender. You lost.
Lost? Lost what? Was there some kind of competition we were engaged in?

Aren't you white?

Except your nose. It's Obama asshole brown.

What you label me.

Lost? Lost what? Was there some kind of competition we were engaged in?

You labeled me a racist. Where's your proof.

Aren't you white?
Caucasian.
The color of bandaids.

I'm not shocked by this at all. They would never be able to make that movie today.

Are you surprised by how gullible you are?

Even if it is fake, it's still believable. For christ sake someone wrote about too many white guys in a movie about Dunkirk.

I love that one more the anything. I fell for fake news, so I'll just say that it could be true and make myself feel better.

Gullible fools fall for fake shit. Period.

So you think blazing saddles will never be protested?

It would not surprise me at all if it was protested. But shouldn't we wait until it happens before we get indignant?

If you read my response all I said I was not surprised.

Claiming the story is "believable" absolves me of any fault for being snookered. Marvel at my personal responsibility!

You know, it was the blatant racism and the way it was made fun of that made the movie so freaking funny.

One of my favorite scenes is where the black dude takes himself hostage and hollers out "don't kill the n-gg-r!" That scene wouldn't have been nearly as funny if they had tried to make it PC.

Sorry................but if it's already written (like Tom Sawyer), or already on film, don't bitch. The movies and books were from a different time, but still have relevance and humor even if they aren't pc. Blazing Saddles made fun of racism and Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn made people aware of differing attitudes of the time.

Leave the books and movies alone. PC is getting out of hand. And I say that as the "looney liberal" that a lot of you tag me as.
Alright, that will be enough of that from you. I feel all 'itchy' and 'weirded out' when we agree.

:talktothehand:

Sorry 'bout that...............I'll try to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Forum List

Back