Public Health Be Damned: Nurse Tantrum Shows Depth of American Scientific Blindness

But some fearmongering dumb shits saw a Hollywood movie that over-exaggerated the shit out of Ebola and now we have an Ebolysteria pandemic on our hands that has spread like wildfire.

I thought Outbreak was a pretty good movie. I enjoyed alot. Apparently too many people aren't able to draw the distinction between real life and fantasy.

Sil is losing on marriage equality and she is losing on this with g5000 doubling down.

I have been saying HOW it was handled, not WHY.

She was not told what was going on for several hours.

That's wrong.
She also admitted in an interview that she felt her immediate wants and ephemeral concerns outweighed the greater public health. Her outlook, in front of a jury of the public, might be seen as reckless endangerment of the public. You are aware that Christie's government could be sued if someone contracted ebola from his failure to quarantine her? Could make for an interesting countersuit..

Last edited:
You are aware, once again, that is the law and not your silly 'feelings' that count, Sil?

There's a lot of Quarantinysteria going around also. It's 21 days. Get over it. It's worth not putting the rest of the population at risk. No matter how small you may believe that risk is.

Will you be first to volunteer for an involuntary confinement by the government for 21 days, with no probable cause to validate the same?

No? Didn't think so. Just like a lunatic liberal.

Milk and apples (this has been proved by Science, comrades) contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig.

Last edited:
There's a lot of Quarantinysteria going around also. It's 21 days. Get over it. It's worth not putting the rest of the population at risk. No matter how small you may believe that risk is.

Will you be first to volunteer for an involuntary confinement by the government for 21 days, with no probable cause to validate the same?

of course Sil won't do any such thing because Sil's feelings are more important that the law, its process, and its protections

I have been saying HOW it was handled, not WHY.

That is a distinction that too many people here apparently can't comprehend. They just keep waxing poetic about how quarantines are constitutional. They can't get it through their heads that seizing a person is constitutional generally, but not all seizures are constitutional.

Probable cause. It's the phrase I've been repeating over and over again. Most aren't even willing to try addressing it. The few who do fail miserably, and seem to confuse it with the government having an interest in something. It'll be a goddamned frozen day in hell before the government's "interest" can eliminate the burden for probable cause, and anyone can call it a "conservative" thing to do!!

I fail to see how that relates to my post and btw............. . U.S. soldiers isolated for Ebola screening after Liberia mission
The commander of U.S. Army Africa is among a dozen soldiers who have been placed in isolation over Ebola concerns at a U.S. military base in Italy after wrapping up a mission to Liberia, the Pentagon said Monday.

The soldiers were isolated at the base in Vicenza over the weekend as a precaution although none have shown any symptoms of exposure to the virus that has killed thousands in West Africa, Army Col. Steven Warren said.

Warren said the soldiers, who were part of Operation United Assistance in West Africa, were being kept at a separate unit at the base for 21 days, the incubation period for Ebola. Maj. Gen. Darryl Williams, commander of U.S. Army Africa, is among those being isolated.

No? Didn't think so. Just like a lunatic liberal.

Milk and apples (this has been proved by Science, comrades) contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig.

I've lived on a remote trail sleeping on the ground most of the time with my dog and my horse for over three weeks, crapping in holes in the ground and washing ever 4 or 5 days spit bath out of a basin or a shallow creek, hiking over 300 miles. And I've spent many a night in a tent in the high country on many other occasions. I work my butt off with disabilities to boot. And I'm older now. As much work as I have to do, I would consider 21 days in her accomodations to be a most blessed event. 21 days with no backbreaking work? No bales of hay to move around. No stalls to muck. No buildings to mend?

SIGN

ME

UP! :banana:

I fail to see how that relates to my post and btw............. . U.S. soldiers isolated for Ebola screening after Liberia mission
The commander of U.S. Army Africa is among a dozen soldiers who have been placed in isolation over Ebola concerns at a U.S. military base in Italy after wrapping up a mission to Liberia, the Pentagon said Monday.

The soldiers were isolated at the base in Vicenza over the weekend as a precaution although none have shown any symptoms of exposure to the virus that has killed thousands in West Africa, Army Col. Steven Warren said.

Warren said the soldiers, who were part of Operation United Assistance in West Africa, were being kept at a separate unit at the base for 21 days, the incubation period for Ebola. Maj. Gen. Darryl Williams, commander of U.S. Army Africa, is among those being isolated.

It's called post of duty.

I've lived on a remote trail sleeping on the ground most of the time with my dog and my horse for over three weeks, crapping in holes in the ground and washing ever 4 or 5 days spit bath out of a basin or a shallow creek, hiking over 300 miles. And I've spent many a night in a tent in the high country on many other occasions. I work my butt off with disabilities to boot. And I'm older now. As much work as I have to do, I would consider 21 days in her accomodations to be a most blessed event. 21 days with no backbreaking work? No bales of hay to move around. No stalls to muck. No buildings to mend?

SIGN

ME

UP! :banana:

It's sickening how liberal scum will so gleefully ignore other people's fundamental constitutional rights.

Hey Swimexpert....your deceit at role-playing a conservative isn't just obvious to me. Such deception looks very poorly for the rainbow left. I know, you're afraid if it looks like ebola welcoming is a democratic thing, you'll lose votes. But the problem is, everyone knows conservatives oppose Obama's stance on everything 100% of the time.

I just feel sorry for our party at this point. The new lows you stoop to are bad for us all.

Look, the thing is the nurse with her display of reckless disregard for the public health on that interview, with her preoccupation of self-over-public-welfare [she's an epidemiologist who was aware of Dr. Spencer's recklessness at the time of her quarantine]...she could be held liable by the state for refusing to submit to quarantine and someone(s) got sick. The state's duty is the public over the individual. If there is a significant question, as there is for as a many unknowns with ebola, the state always has to default to the public first and individual second.

She will LOSE her case. And she'll be damned lucky if the state doesn't countersue her.

Last edited:

It's called post of duty.[/QUOTE

Doesnt matter protocol is protocol civvie or military......

Her rights end when she can cause death by association.......... she has no right to potentially risk someone elses life

You are aware, once again, that is the law and not your silly 'feelings' that count, Sil?
Yes, laws about endangering the public health. I'm perfectly aware we are talking about laws Jake. Are you?

But are you, really.

You staked your ignorance to the ground on the marriage equality issue, and while we agree that quarantines are necessary at times, you want to defend the "show me your papers" nonsense approach, rather than " step this way, we need to talk about you and what is good for you and our nation's health."

You, Sil, are a fascist at heart.

Because soldiers are subject to the UCMJ, a much stricter code than those to which civilians are subject.

Forum List

Back