Puerto Rican Statehood

Puerto Ricans mainly identify with being Puerto Rican, not American and that's another thing to consider.

Stupid (and somewhat racist) retort........there are FIFTY THOUSAND Puerto Ricans currently in our armed forces....they kind of bleed the same color as you.

Puerto Rico voted overwhelmingly to support statehood yesterday
Puerto Rican voters back statehood in questioned referendum

What would be the impact of Puerto Rico becoming the 51st state?

With a population of 3.5 million, they would be our 30th most populated state and receive 7 Electoral Votes
The Senate would have 102 Senators

Coming in as a fiercely Democratic State.....would Republicans block statehood because they do not want to give up the seats?

PR's are already bitching b/c not many people voted and they want to block becoming a state.

aside from that;

we save money as they would fall under all Fed laws, so welfare costs would drop.

they would be taught English in school fro k-12, which would help them immensely stateside.
there would be increased confidence from investors, so living conditions would improve.

unless they vote (D), if they do that they will state in the shitty conditions they are used to.

Califorina and New mexico are two states with a majority hispanic population...Why not a third?

Do residents of California and New Mexico identify themselves as Americans or Californians and New Mexicans? Puerto Ricans mainly identify with being Puerto Rican, not American and that's another thing to consider.
unless they are talking to Dominicans, they like to brag that they are Americans to them.

per my DR friends.

If we condition this on them getting their finances in order I could support it.

Puerto Rico voted overwhelmingly to support statehood yesterday
Puerto Rican voters back statehood in questioned referendum

What would be the impact of Puerto Rico becoming the 51st state?

With a population of 3.5 million, they would be our 30th most populated state and receive 7 Electoral Votes
The Senate would have 102 Senators

Coming in as a fiercely Democratic State.....would Republicans block statehood because they do not want to give up the seats?

Lol I would love to see this happen.

It may well be waaaayyyyy beyond your comprehension, but are you comparing the population of Alabama with that of California or New York???.....Just asking.....LOL

No I wasn't comparing the pop of AL to CA.

The population of all 30 states he won is more than the 20 states Hillary won. That's why their EC numbers outweigh the Dim states. That must be waaaaaayyyyy beyond your comprehension.

In other words, you and I go play poker.....You win THREE hands of $10 and I win ONE hand of $100, and you would STILL claim that you won more???................LOL

Keep trying Naty.

:dig:

Maybe this map will help your 5th grade education........

U.S. population spread.....

View attachment 132538

This thread is about Puerto Rico statehood.

The election is over. Trump won. If you want to discuss the merits or failings of our electoral system do it in another thread.

Puerto Rican statehood is about the election

Bringing in a solid blue state will impact future elections and the ability of the Republicans to continue to take elections with a minority vote

Califorina and New mexico are two states with a majority hispanic population...Why not a third?

Do residents of California and New Mexico identify themselves as Americans or Californians and New Mexicans? Puerto Ricans mainly identify with being Puerto Rican, not American and that's another thing to consider.

Ever meet a Texan?

Puerto Rican statehood is about the election

Bringing in a solid blue state will impact future elections and the ability of the Republicans to continue to take elections with a minority vote

THAT is it (above) in a nutshell....

Puerto Ricans are US citizens without the right to vote in presidential elections.

Remember this conservative opposition to statehood when you hear RWnuts deny that they want to suppress the vote.

Puerto Ricans are US citizens without the right to vote in presidential elections.

Remember this conservative opposition to statehood when you hear RWnuts deny that they want to suppress the vote.

When have U.S. territories ever had a right to vote in presidential elections?

Forum List

Back