Putin Gives Obama / Kerry The Finger....Again

Case in point...

Iran getting $1.7B from U.S. in “debt and interest
- Iran getting $1.7B from U.S. in “debt and interest”

"The timing of all this is extremely curious (and coincidental) to the release of the five prisoners being held in Iran. It’s completely possible the U.S decided to settle the claim levied by Iran as just an added assurance the prisoners would come home. That means the settlement could be seen as a form of ransom but is doesn’t mean it is. The timing, though, is just bizarre. From a PR standpoint, you’d think the Obama Administration would be willing to wait a week or a month to announce the deal to avoid any questions"

The money was reportedly paid the day the US sailors were taken into custody by Iran.

After Iran captured the US sailors they engaged in a propaganda blitz that included photos and videos of our sailors, Iran's leader awarding medals to their troops who captured ours - all on video released for propaganda, and now this. I don't care what Obama and Kerry says, to the rest of the world it LOOKS like Iran forced the U.S. to pay a ransom to get out people back. Since Obama already paid a ransom to get Bo Bergdahl back no one would seriously question whether the US would be willing to do so or not. By paying Iran that same day and letting it be know we were handing over this money THAT DAY Obama and America is caught looking weak AGAIN. (Dude, wait at least a DAY or TWO, a WEEK, to prevent handing Iran - who has already been winning the 'Propaganda War' - even MORE 'ammo' to use against us!)

Go away... No way he can earn the world's respect with the time he has left. After things like his 'Red Line' debacle everyone knows he has no 'bite' and does not mean what he says. As I have told my kids, 'Credibility is hard-earned over time while lost in the blink of an eye'.

Advanced nations dont rely on such feelings, like; "respect, embarrassment, humiliation..." when they are creating their foreign policies.

Foreign policy makers create their policies based on some particular goals that are set by the ruling class, which could be the government or her associates, like corporations, the rich, or such.

The success of a foreign policy is measured by the success rate of achieving those goals.

US foreign policy don't have such a goal to acquire "respect" from any other nation on this planet. It primary goal in the region you are pointing out (Iran) is to break the dominance of Russia.

And in that sense; Iranian deal was one of the most successful piece of foreign policy for a long time, by far...

F.Y.I. Putin is a real man, he wouldn't let them suck his dick even with your mouth...
Now Defcon admits he is a commie Putin fluffer. Go for it.

There is abslutely no reason for Americans to die for ME'ers who won't fight and sacrifice for their countries. Let the Muslims sort themselves out, and we will trade with the winners.

This just goes to show how much you don't know about it.

You assume the winners will be people who will trade with you. Oh the people who hate us might trade with us, at rates punitive enough to cripple the economy.

You ignore the importance of the ability to keep the oil flowing in the middle east at your peril.
You are silly cow, for sure. We are nearing energy independence here; we have relations with Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela; and those who survive in the ME will need customers. Go enroll in college.
Did that quite a few decades ago. Did business almost 20 years in the ME and North Africa.So yeah....I have a wee bit better idea what goes on there than you do. And a much better idea what's going on the rest of the world too apparently.
Your comments show clearly that you don't.

Your failure to understand does not change the truth.

Now Defcon admits he is a commie Putin fluffer. Go for it.

There is abslutely no reason for Americans to die for ME'ers who won't fight and sacrifice for their countries. Let the Muslims sort themselves out, and we will trade with the winners.

You assume the winners will be people who will trade with you. Oh the people who hate us might trade with us, at rates punitive enough to cripple the economy.

You ignore the importance of the ability to keep the oil flowing in the middle east at your peril.
You are silly cow, for sure. We are nearing energy independence here; we have relations with Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela; and those who survive in the ME will need customers. Go enroll in college.
Did that quite a few decades ago. Did business almost 20 years in the ME and North Africa.So yeah....I have a wee bit better idea what goes on there than you do. And a much better idea what's going on the rest of the world too apparently.
The truth is that you are wrong.

As a superpower, (at least as nation with the claim to be a super power), you cant really let a region that is sitting on top of the 50% of whole worlds oil reserves to sort itself out. Resource independence only achievable, if triple, maybe even quadruple of your need to that resource is in your reach, from variety of sources.

You need to find a way to get the right alliances with the right people, and get things sorted out w/o getting any boots on the ground.

Imo, US foreign policy has the capability to do that. Iranian deal is a proof to that...

I want to hear what the conservatives would do in Syria ? Y'all talk a lot of shit, if u were prez what would you do different ?

Well let's examine a few things. Remember a guy named Gaddafi? He made some noise, and somebody put a smart bomb through his bedroom window. Suffice to say, it got his attention. He eventually became one of the US's best allies in the region.

So did the US have to conquer Lybia? Nope, a smart bomb through a window delivered the message loud and clear to whom it needed to be delivered. Slowly, Lybia was working it's way toward a society that would have had the potential for self-determination. No easy feat in that part of the world.

Then comes Barrack Hussein Obama, with his dream of uniting the Muslim world in peace. Apparently neither he, or you has bothered to look at the past 5000 years or so of history in that region. And according to her own words, Hillary was the architect of destabilizing Lybia, Tunisia, Egypt, etc, which ended up getting Gaddafi and a whole lot of other people killed. Make no mistake, I shed no tears for the man, as he did more than enough to warrant a bad end.

What did we get for this? Well we got an ambassador killed, and Lybia is such a disaster we still haven't filled the position of ambassador...mostly because there's not much in the way of recognizable government to be an ambassador to.

Tunisia's a mess. Egypt had an election, a coup, another election...wanna take any bets we don't see another military coup in the next 5 years there?

So maybe we should put a smart bomb in Assad's bedroom window.

As a superpower, (at least as nation with the claim to be a super power), you cant really let a region that is sitting on top of the 50% of whole worlds oil reserves to sort itself out. Resource independence only achievable, if triple, maybe even quadruple of your need to that resource is in your reach, from variety of sources.

You need to find a way to get the right alliances with the right people, and get things sorted out w/o getting any boots on the ground.

Imo, US foreign policy has the capability to do that. Iranian deal is a proof to that...

Well other than the Iranian deal is the worst deal I've ever seen. That just destabilized the region in ways you will have difficulty comprehending. In about 10 years you won't have much trouble understanding how stupid it was though. Russia + Iran = trouble.

Then do it without using our troops, alpine.

Thats what American foreign policy makers are trying to do now. I think they fucked it up in the beginning with the Arab spring, and supporting the islamist movements, but now I find them making the right choices lately. I think there has been a shift somewhere.

Well other than the Iranian deal is the worst deal I've ever seen. That just destabilized the region in ways you will have difficulty comprehending. In about 10 years you won't have much trouble understanding how stupid it was though. Russia + Iran = trouble.

Iran is not a slate. There is mullah siding with Russia, and there is progressives trying to get in the good terms with the west.

Seems like you dont know much about Iranian politics.

Thats what American foreign policy makers are trying to do now. I think they fucked it up in the beginning with the Arab spring, and supporting the islamist movements, but now I find them making the right choices lately. I think there has been a shift somewhere.
The American people will not support another major excursion of American ground forces into the ME. That door has shut. The nations of the EU and ME are going to have pony up the personnel. The USA can offer air, naval, intelligence, and supplies, and I am not sure the American people will support that much involvement.

The American people will not support another major excursion of American ground forces into the ME. That door has shut. The nations of the EU and ME are going to have pony up the personnel. The USA can offer air, naval, intelligence, and supplies, and I am not sure the American people will support that much involvement.

Militaristic approach to the problems with other nations is not the only option, and even tho it seems the otherwise, it has been the least used option throughout the history.

There are much better and effective alternatives that are in disposal of the American policies. Look at Iran...

Bottom line is if the US, Canada, Britain and other western nations had not backed this bullshit Arab Spring we would not be where we are at in the Middle East now.

The ME has always been a dog's breakfast but now it's FUBAR'D.

The US, Canada, Britain did not back the arab spring anymore than it backed
SADAAM ------or even the Taliban-------just sometimes

And that was then and this is now. We need to stop backing SA, Qatar and Turkey but fat chance. Qatar owns more property in Britain than the Queen and is investing heavily in Britain.

aka they are buying off Cameron these days. SA has promised Merkel they will build 250 mosques for her. Catch my drift. These nations own our politicians.

SA -----is INTO BUILDING MOSQUES in the USA too-----Fret not-----I see the mosques as a resource------they can be nationalized and transformed into
CONDOMINIUMS
Naahhhhhh... park district property, so that everybody else can hold Pig Roasts on the premises...

I don't believe that Putin is sufficiently leftist that now, even with the "where he was born thing" seven years behind us, that The Democrat Party could accept him as their candidate. Now establishment Republicans? Now THAT'S a pig of different odor!

Iran is not a slate. There is mullah siding with Russia, and there is progressives trying to get in the good terms with the west.

That's funny. You seem to actually believe Iran is interested in anything beyond being the sole power in the ME. You need to look back at history, to understand better what Persia is, or what your progressives are after.

Spend some time around shia Muslims. It'll be instructional. You'll understand who holds the power then.

That's funny. You seem to actually believe Iran is interested in anything beyond being the sole power in the ME. You need to look back at history, to understand better what Persia is, or what your progressives are after.

Spend some time around shia Muslims. It'll be instructional. You'll understand who holds the power then.

And what do you base this judgement of yours?

That some persian king tried to conquer the world some thousands of years ago? :)

We should keep a close eye on the Italians too in that case :D

And what do you base this judgement of yours?

That some persian king tried to conquer the world some thousands of years ago? :)

We should keep a close eye on the Italians too in that case :D

Try again-----he said hang around a few shia---we got Shiites in the USA---on of the
first muslims I knew well was a Shiite-----not from Iran ----but from INDIA-----interesting ideas and VERY BIG ON THE HOLINESS OF IRAN

Forum List

Back