Q: How do we pay off the National Debt? A: We inflate it away!

They do. The problem is there's not enough jobs. Corporate America is holding the middle class hostage because they want their subsidies back. My plan eliminates the loopholes and stimulates hiring, especially in small businesses by reducing the number one expense of hiring to a maximum of taxes paid.

It also stimulates the welfare class. Would you rather make payments from welfare or $48k/yr? Simple choice, since everyone will be hiring I'm removing the 'I can't find a job' off the table.

Why don't you set a generous limit of $250K per year to live on and spend every dollar of income above that to employ people? That includes all of your assets, too.

If the problem is that there aren't enough jobs, couldn't you make a huge impact all by yourself?

It's nice of you to create a plan to spend my money. Thanks.

But I am.

I am an Angel Investor who made a $50 million investment 4 years ago on two companies who employ 180 Americans. The starting hourly wage position is $23.50/hr with company paid benefits.

$50 million for only 180 jobs? Surely you can do better if you actually believe what you post. I think the truth is that you think a universal wage at that level would not work which is why you don't do it yourself. Your own figures show that.

So why don't you accept your role in life as one of the winners and create jobs with the rest of the money? At one point you told me that you were worth over $100 Million. Conservatively invested, that would give you a yearly income of $5,000,000 per year. You could live better than most on $250,000 per year and spend $4,750,000 hiring others.

So why don't you do that?

Is your $50 Million venture a non-profit?

Why don't you set a generous limit of $250K per year to live on and spend every dollar of income above that to employ people? That includes all of your assets, too.

If the problem is that there aren't enough jobs, couldn't you make a huge impact all by yourself?

But I am.

I am an Angel Investor who made a $50 million investment 4 years ago on two companies who employ 180 Americans. The starting hourly wage position is $23.50/hr with company paid benefits.

$50 million for only 180 jobs? Surely you can do better if you actually believe what you post. I think the truth is that you think a universal wage at that level would not work which is why you don't do it yourself. Your own figures show that.

Both companies were started from inception, and with any business, five years total expenses were needed to successfully finance. I am happy to report that the expected gross for both has been adjusted from $55 million to $85 million for 2014.

So why don't you accept your role in life as one of the winners and create jobs with the rest of the money? At one point you told me that you were worth over $100 Million. Conservatively invested, that would give you a yearly income of $5,000,000 per year. You could live better than most on $250,000 per year and spend $4,750,000 hiring others.

So why don't you do that?

Is your $50 Million venture a non-profit?

No.

They do. The problem is there's not enough jobs. Corporate America is holding the middle class hostage because they want their subsidies back. My plan eliminates the loopholes and stimulates hiring, especially in small businesses by reducing the number one expense of hiring to a maximum of taxes paid.

It also stimulates the welfare class. Would you rather make payments from welfare or $48k/yr? Simple choice, since everyone will be hiring I'm removing the 'I can't find a job' off the table.

But I am.

Of course you are. Your uncle is Donald Trump, right?

But I am.

Why would you doubt me, because I figuratively knee cap you when you post? I've already told you how to create a successful business.

Here, I'll do it again.

1. You need five years total capital.
2. You need to know who to hire. (which you can farm out)
3. NEVER EVER hire family. If you need to, pay them to stay away.

I'd write a book, but.........

But I am.

Why would you doubt me, because I figuratively knee cap you when you post? I've already told you how to create a successful business.

Here, I'll do it again.

It's "whom". You need to know whom to hire.

You are a poseur. What you know about business could be written down and stuffed in a fortune cookie. There are people on this board with years, decades, of real business experience. And you're not fooling anyone.

Say what? Five years total capital? What the fuck does that mean? Gross? Net? Expenses?

If I had that much money, I would n't bother with starting a business, I'd just sit back and sip Pina Coladas at the Beach.

Farm out your personnel services? Because you're so big as a Start Up that you can afford to do that? Because a Staff Agency knows your business better than you?

I do agree, however, that hiring Office Staff through a Staff Agency like AMSTAFF isn't a bad idea.

Family? You mean like kids, brothers and sisters, nephews? Yeah, I'll go along with that to a point. But your wife can be the best asset you've got.

Pretty shitty rules for a start up. IMO.

But, I never had a business as big as yours :)

But I am.

Here, I'll do it again.

Warren Buffet disagrees!
Warren Buffett Wants Farmer Son Howard as Successor to Berkshire Hathaway

Now, whom should we believe here: Buffet, the most successful investor in America, or OnePercenter, a liar and poseur?

Say what? Five years total capital? What the fuck does that mean? Gross? Net? Expenses?

If I had that much money, I would n't bother with starting a business, I'd just sit back and sip Pina Coladas at the Beach.

I'm not sure how 1P meant it, but in my view it means 5 years worth of money that can be used to to fund operations in excess of expected gross profit plus any startup costs. It's a good benchmark.

As to your comment about sipping drinks on the beach, how long will that last? 5 years of operating capital isn't necessarily a large sum of money. $1 Million will give you $40K of income per year. You won't be drinking much of anything on that, and you won't be able to afford to be at a beach.

Farm out your personnel services? Because you're so big as a Start Up that you can afford to do that? Because a Staff Agency knows your business better than you?

Because a startup doesn't typically have an HR department and other companies do this much more efficiently than two guys in a garage can do it.

I do agree, however, that hiring Office Staff through a Staff Agency like AMSTAFF isn't a bad idea.

There's more to it than that, and office staff isn't complicated. Finding one of the best Electrical Engineers that specializes in a product similar to the one being built is tricky though.

Family? You mean like kids, brothers and sisters, nephews? Yeah, I'll go along with that to a point. But your wife can be the best asset you've got.

The wife as a partner in the business can be good. The wife as a VP in name only will sink the company.

Pretty shitty rules for a start up. IMO.

But, I never had a business as big as yours :)

I think that's the point.

The rules are decent in my view, but it's a good deal harder than that.

Forum List

Back