Question for Christians

uh, no.....

Sorry Sealy, but Postmodern is correct on this one. Now just to put this into perspective, postmodern and I disagree on just about everything when it comes to religion so if I am agreeing with him it's pretty much a slam dunk. LOL. On this one he is absolutely correct. The Bible really has nothing to say on the matter one way or the other.

Implicit - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

It implies it when it says before us there was nothing. Then he built around us. We are the center and his only creation. He didn't mention other planets or other beings on other planets and that all implies we are it.

doesn't that assume he wanted us to know about them?......

I've heard certain Athiests (not all of them) before tell me that Heaven couldn't be real because humans don't see it in the clouds or in the sky. And they thought the idea that Heaven could be in space or another dimension was absurd.

Just like not all theists are idiots, not all atheists are brilliant. But at least they don't believe a fairy tale when they hear one. I'll give them that.

Even we realize that "heaven", if one exists, is in a realm far far away. So do they expect that they would be able to look up and see their dead relatives in those clouds?

I'm going to go out on a limb and call bullshit. Only a theist would say or think something so dumb. Atheists are too logical to think something so stupid. Can you find one of them on USMB? Did they post this to you or did an atheist say this to you in person? I'm calling you out. I'm calling you a liar. :eusa_liar:

This came from a few different people in person while I was discussing with them the physical existence of gods and their realms, as opposed to the existence of thoughtforms that humans have unlimited potential to create in their minds.

They said there is no Heaven in the sky and no God in the clouds. I told them the Universe/ Multiverse is a big place and they laughed at the idea of God being an extraterrestrial from far, far away.

Most Athiests are smarter than that though. But regardless of how "smart" an Athiest thinks they are, they usually aren't very wise, and are usually incredibly boring humans, who assume that because they are "above religion or spirituality" that it somehow erases the fact that most of them are still indoctrinated, law worshipping, herded Mundanes. If it is not religion controlling their fate, it is the media, the law, the government, society, or the culture around them.

Very few humans, whether Athiest or otherwise... have the Will/ desire to break free from the Mundane mindset to become something far greater.

Athiesm, for some, can most certainly be a step in the right direction... but y'all are still usually waaay past boring and annoying as fuck... with some exceptions.

Yea, the Cosmos was real boring. :eusa_liar:

When you say boring and annoying I think you mean we come off as arrogant. I've noticed when talking to a lot of white trashy low class blue collar Americans they have this chip on their shoulder around anyone who is polished, well spoken, clean cut, polite, intelligent or successful. You know who I'm talking about. The kind of people who want to watch monster truck, nascar or football and drink beer but would never go to a museum or symphony.

OMG I have a great example. I live in Metro Detroit. The city I work in is blue collar. Our other location is in Birmingham a rich neighborhood. The mom that comes from my location and occasionally goes out to birmingham totally doesn't fit in. She thinks they are all stuck up and think they're better than everyone else. Guess what lady? They are better than you.

I don't think you were bored if you met an atheist in person. That would be an interesting conversation. Chances are they pissed you off when they doubted your fairy tale or called you out for being stupid for believing it as an adult. Grow up.

Sorry Sealy, but Postmodern is correct on this one. Now just to put this into perspective, postmodern and I disagree on just about everything when it comes to religion so if I am agreeing with him it's pretty much a slam dunk. LOL. On this one he is absolutely correct. The Bible really has nothing to say on the matter one way or the other.

It implies it when it says before us there was nothing. Then he built around us. We are the center and his only creation. He didn't mention other planets or other beings on other planets and that all implies we are it.

Know about who?

I take it you're one of those Christians that likes to pick and choose which parts of the Bible are metaphor and allegory and which parts are literal truth?
its rather foolish not to, after all.....since there are many different genres in the Bible and they should not be treated the same way....

How do you even decide?
careful study and textual analysis.....

Religious people like you are the worst of all and are the most intellectually dishonest of the bunch.
well, to be honest, I expect you consider us the worst.....nobody likes to argue with someone who's actually done some studying........

How did you guys decide? Your church in the beginning and throughout history has altered/edited/redacted the bible. Literally took stuff out they didn't like or maybe stuff that didn't make sense. I wonder who the publishers were when it first came out. :badgrin:

Know about who?

the beings he created six thousand light years away from here......

I take it you're one of those Christians that likes to pick and choose which parts of the Bible are metaphor and allegory and which parts are literal truth?
its rather foolish not to, after all.....since there are many different genres in the Bible and they should not be treated the same way....

Religious people like you are the worst of all and are the most intellectually dishonest of the bunch.
well, to be honest, I expect you consider us the worst.....nobody likes to argue with someone who's actually done some studying........

How did you guys decide?

as I said, careful study and textual analysis......

Your church in the beginning and throughout history has altered/edited/redacted the bible. Literally took stuff out they didn't like or maybe stuff that didn't make sense.

are you referring to the fact that as we obtained more and earlier manuscripts we edited to conform more closely to the original?.......are you referring to correcting the obvious linguistic errors of the person who translated the King James version?........or are you just making shit up because you think it strengthens your argument........

Last edited:
lol....are you referring to the passage that describes Mary as being clothed with the sun?.......I take it you are a bible literalist, then......one Hot Momma!.......

I take it you're one of those Christians that likes to pick and choose which parts of the Bible are metaphor and allegory and which parts are literal truth? How do you even decide? Oh wait no, I know. You see all Christians were Bible literalists until large swaths of the Bible were either proven historically inaccurate by science or determined to be morally incompatible by modern society. Then Christians in there slipperiness started changing their dogma and interpretation of the Bible until we get to what we see today in order for their religion to adapt and survive in the modern day. Religious people like you are the worst of all and are the most intellectually dishonest of the bunch.

Thank you for letting us know your opinion of religious people.

God bless you.

Who bless him? Who is god? Seriously. Pretend we never heard of him before. Start from the beginning. Who is god?

How did you guys decide?

as I said, careful study and textual analysis......

Your church in the beginning and throughout history has altered/edited/redacted the bible. Literally took stuff out they didn't like or maybe stuff that didn't make sense.

are you referring to the fact that as we obtained more and earlier manuscripts we edited to conform more closely to the original?.......are you referring to correcting the obvious linguistic errors of the person who translated the King James version?........or are you just making shit up because you think it strengthens your argument........

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection.

Why there is no god

Know about who?

If he didn't mention them that would suggest he didn't want us to know about them.

What are you saying suggests he wanted us to know?

And OMG I can't believe I'm talking about god as if he exists. I just don't want to have to type "this supposed" each time I mention god.

Just like not all theists are idiots, not all atheists are brilliant. But at least they don't believe a fairy tale when they hear one. I'll give them that.

Even we realize that "heaven", if one exists, is in a realm far far away. So do they expect that they would be able to look up and see their dead relatives in those clouds?

I'm going to go out on a limb and call bullshit. Only a theist would say or think something so dumb. Atheists are too logical to think something so stupid. Can you find one of them on USMB? Did they post this to you or did an atheist say this to you in person? I'm calling you out. I'm calling you a liar. :eusa_liar:

This came from a few different people in person while I was discussing with them the physical existence of gods and their realms, as opposed to the existence of thoughtforms that humans have unlimited potential to create in their minds.

They said there is no Heaven in the sky and no God in the clouds. I told them the Universe/ Multiverse is a big place and they laughed at the idea of God being an extraterrestrial from far, far away.

Most Athiests are smarter than that though. But regardless of how "smart" an Athiest thinks they are, they usually aren't very wise, and are usually incredibly boring humans, who assume that because they are "above religion or spirituality" that it somehow erases the fact that most of them are still indoctrinated, law worshipping, herded Mundanes. If it is not religion controlling their fate, it is the media, the law, the government, society, or the culture around them.

Very few humans, whether Athiest or otherwise... have the Will/ desire to break free from the Mundane mindset to become something far greater.

Athiesm, for some, can most certainly be a step in the right direction... but y'all are still usually waaay past boring and annoying as fuck... with some exceptions.

When you say boring and annoying I think you mean we come off as arrogant. I've noticed when talking to a lot of white trashy low class blue collar Americans they have this chip on their shoulder around anyone who is polished, well spoken, clean cut, polite, intelligent or successful. You know who I'm talking about. The kind of people who want to watch monster truck, nascar or football and drink beer but would never go to a museum or symphony.

OMG I have a great example. I live in Metro Detroit. The city I work in is blue collar. Our other location is in Birmingham a rich neighborhood. The mom that comes from my location and occasionally goes out to birmingham totally doesn't fit in. She thinks they are all stuck up and think they're better than everyone else. Guess what lady? They are better than you.

I don't think you were bored if you met an atheist in person. That would be an interesting conversation. Chances are they pissed you off when they doubted your fairy tale or called you out for being stupid for believing it as an adult. Grow up.

Actually some of my closest friends are Atheists, but that doesn't define them. I have Xian, Catholic, and Muslim friends too as well as Pagan friends and friends who are also O9A. A person's religion doesn't matter to me, instead, it is their weltanschauung that matters, and how it affects our relationship. But religion can certainly effect that.

And if we do not agree on religion, so what. As long as the rest of their worldview is cool with me, and I am interested in who they are, religion is irrelevant in our relationship.

I have had some great discussions with Xians as well as Atheists, and really people from every religion embraced by the people I've associated with. Even if it is a delusional Xian or an angry-at-the-world Atheist, I can usually find something useful to learn.

I was not speaking down upon Atheism. I was speaking down upon Mundanes, and you all come from every religious perspective. Altering your religion doesn't change a thing. Altering your weltanschauung does.

Last edited:

Actually some of my closest friends are Atheists, but that doesn't define them. I have Xian, Catholic, and Muslim friends too as well as Pagan friends and friends who are also O9A. A person's religion doesn't matter to me, instead, it is their weltanschauung that matters, and how it affects our relationship. But religion can certainly effect that.

And if we do not agree on religion, so what. As long as the rest of their worldview is cool with me, and I am interested in who they are, religion is irrelevant in our relationship.

I have had some great discussions with Xians as well as Atheists, and really people from every religion embraced by the people I've associated with. Even if it is a delusional Xian or an angry-at-the-world Atheist, I can usually find something useful to learn.

I was not speaking down upon Atheism. I was speaking down upon Mundanes, and you all come from every religious perspective. Altering your religion doesn't change a thing. Altering your weltanschauung does.

I'm hoping one day our society will alter its Weltanschauung. I also hope the Arab world, the Jews, Russians, Asians, Europeans, Indians, Africans & South Americans do too.

Maybe one day everyone will be good like the Canadians & Australians. You hardly ever hear any bullshit out of them. Does Canada or Australia have a problem with the religious right like we do here in America?

And don't act like its us atheists who are the problem. Recently they polled America and atheists were the least trusted group. People said they'd rather vote for a pot smoking cheater than an atheist.

I vote for a christian every 2 years. I have no other choice. So don't act like we have a bug up our butts about you guys. It is you who have a problem with us. AND, that makes us have a problem with you. When you get over it, we'll get over it. It's like a rapist being upset because the victim didn't achieve an orgasm or because the victim complained afterward.

People need to recognize that the church accepts scientific principles. After all, in 1822, the Catholic church accepted that Galileo's 1632 teachings that the earth circles the sun to be valid....

I don't know any Christians who deny hard, factual, scientific evidence. Most of us don't pay much attention to the speculative kind of "science" because it's not true science. Science means knowledge and until something is truly known, it really isn't scientific fact.

A lot of things in science are theories and not fact.

True. For example, you do not exist. I can not see you, feel you, or hear you. In fact, I believe that you are actually a computer programmed to bump the thread for the CNMB to increase advertiser revenue. Prove me wrong.

Know about who?

If he didn't mention them that would suggest he didn't want us to know about them.

What are you saying suggests he wanted us to know?

And OMG I can't believe I'm talking about god as if he exists. I just don't want to have to type "this supposed" each time I mention god.

no, confused one....I am pointing out that your claim "if they existed, he would have mentioned them" assumes that he wanted us to know about them.....

I'm hoping one day our society will alter its Weltanschauung. I also hope the Arab world, the Jews, Russians, Asians, Europeans, Indians, Africans & South Americans do too.

Maybe one day everyone will be good like the Canadians & Australians. You hardly ever hear any bullshit out of them. Does Canada or Australia have a problem with the religious right like we do here in America?

And don't act like its us atheists who are the problem. Recently they polled America and atheists were the least trusted group. People said they'd rather vote for a pot smoking cheater than an atheist.

I vote for a christian every 2 years. I have no other choice. So don't act like we have a bug up our butts about you guys. It is you who have a problem with us. AND, that makes us have a problem with you. When you get over it, we'll get over it. It's like a rapist being upset because the victim didn't achieve an orgasm or because the victim complained afterward.

I do not mind Mundanes retaining their Weltanshauung. I would never wish for you all to "convert" to my own mindset/ worldview. It makes you all easier to use as resources.

People falsely assume I promote anarchy. No... the law is useful because it keeps you Mundanes chained down and prevents you from from exploring the freedoms that are meant for others to enjoy. Religion is useful because it usually weakens people and makes them more susceptible to manipulation. It gives them this delusion of "good and evil" which can be easily used against them. Their traditions make them predictable. The worldview of the Mundanes makes them a valuable resource to those who can exploit them.

People such as yourself also falsely assume that I am a Christian. I am absolutely NOT a Christian nor will I ever be. Yes I am spiritual, yes I am "Pagan" in many of my own ways, yes I have learned from many religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Catholicism, Hinduism, Wicca, Theravada Buddhism, Luciferianism, Order of Nine Angles, Sumerian and Egyptian and Greek mythology, etc) but no I am not a servant or follower of any religion.

You being an "Atheist" does not mean that you are remarkably similar to other humans who identify as Atheist, so perhaps you should stop making it sound as if you are involved with/ connected to them as part of some unified force. It is like when people use the term "LGBT" and assume that they all think and behave the same way because many of them have similar sexual interests, or that they too are unified together in some way.

Fuck the masses. This is about the individual, not "society".

Problem is mathematicians, at least human mathematicians, can't come up with a definition for zero that makes sense.

0/X = 0 so it would stand to reason that 0/0 = 0

...but...

X/X = 1 so it would stand to reason that 0/0 = 1

So does 0/0 = 0 or does 0/0 = 1 ?

And that's before we get into the closer a denominator gets to 0, the more it asymptotes towards infinity.

:cuckoo:

The actual problem is you think zero is a number.

I take it you're one of those Christians that likes to pick and choose which parts of the Bible are metaphor and allegory and which parts are literal truth? How do you even decide? Oh wait no, I know. You see all Christians were Bible literalists until large swaths of the Bible were either proven historically inaccurate by science or determined to be morally incompatible by modern society. Then Christians in there slipperiness started changing their dogma and interpretation of the Bible until we get to what we see today in order for their religion to adapt and survive in the modern day. Religious people like you are the worst of all and are the most intellectually dishonest of the bunch.

Thank you for letting us know your opinion of religious people.

God bless you.

Who bless him? Who is god? Seriously. Pretend we never heard of him before. Start from the beginning. Who is god?

God is.

People need to recognize that the church accepts scientific principles. After all, in 1822, the Catholic church accepted that Galileo's 1632 teachings that the earth circles the sun to be valid....

I don't know any Christians who deny hard, factual, scientific evidence. Most of us don't pay much attention to the speculative kind of "science" because it's not true science. Science means knowledge and until something is truly known, it really isn't scientific fact.

A lot of things in science are theories and not fact.

A good theory will be based on enough facts as to make the theory plausible. Some of today's "scientific" theories are based on fantasy and wishful thinking and very, very little actual evidence.

Part One: If in the next two to three decades we discover life on planets like Mars and Europa (simple life, such as single celled organisms living in the water close to the core of said planet(s) Would that shake your faith in the Bible and cause you to either change your perception of God to one that is outside the perception found in Christianity or even drop your religion and belief in the supernatural entirely? Or would your faith remain completely unaltered?

Part Two: Same question only applied to the discovery of complex or intelligent life to include contact with a sentient species with a society and intelligence rivaling our own.
No. I'm certain God will have created whatever is discovered.

I have a question for the OP.

What if these Alien Life forms believe in God? Would it shake your non-faith?

Would it change yours if those intelligent aliens were Christians?

Yes as I said before if we met intelligent life and their religion was identical to one of ours it would certainly give me cause to reevaluate my view point

and of they didn't believe in God...we could say that that is only because they can't stand the thought that there might be something greater than their belief that they themselves,are,the superior creatures on earth and that they can't stand the thought that there might actually be something or someone who will hold their actions to account when they die...

Forum List

Back