Question for Dems. Seriously would you vote for a person who didn't know what state they were in

By that post it shows you don’t.
The popular vote says more people did not vote for Trump than did.

You know that hurts you & Trump otherwise you woufd not be having such a fit.

I honestly disagree. If you want the popular vote then fine but you may be surprised what happens. Many don’t vote because to your point they are not in a swing state.
So, lets figure out the swing states & just they can vote.

Pretty much that’s how the election has been decided for years. Do you honestly disagree?
everyone gets their vote. You said they didn't.

If it were a popular vote then the coastal cities would control the election as most of the people live on the coasts. That is not what our founding fathers wanted. I am OK with amending this while at the same time amending the 14th that grants automatic citizenship to anyone born in the US. Fair compromise?

I honestly disagree. If you want the popular vote then fine but you may be surprised what happens. Many don’t vote because to your point they are not in a swing state.
I'm willing to take that chance to have every voter's vote count in all 50 states instead of the votes only counting in a small handful of them.

Why have states at all?
That's your argument against having every vote of every voter count when voting for president? That seems like something an uneducated Russian troll would say. {Snicker}

I am asking a serious question to you as you snicker. Why have states? Stop dodging the question.
You're asking a dumb Russian question. Do you think the states only exist to support the EC?

I'm willing to take that chance to have every voter's vote count in all 50 states instead of the votes only counting in a small handful of them.

Why have states at all?
That's your argument against having every vote of every voter count when voting for president? That seems like something an uneducated Russian troll would say. {Snicker}

I am asking a serious question to you as you snicker. Why have states? Stop dodging the question.
You're asking a dumb Russian question. Do you think the states only exist to support the EC?

LMAO. You cannot answer the question. Outstanding.

Why have states at all?

States are sovereign entities that can create their own laws within their borders (as long as they don't violate the U.S. Constitution). This does not cease to be the case if we abolish the Electoral College. I'm so happy to educate a Russian citizen like yourself of our system of government.

Evidently you don’t know how the Electoral College works.
We do...which is how we know he wasn't the candidate most Americans chose.

The notion that a vote doesn't "count" unless the candidate you voted for wins is nonsense.

If anything we need to strengthen the EC by preserving the right/responsibility of electors to vote against the popular vote when it goes off the rails. With a healthy EC we could have avoided the Trump fiasco altogether.

We do...which is how we know he wasn't the candidate most Americans chose.

The notion that a vote doesn't "count" unless the candidate you voted for wins is nonsense.

If anything we need to strengthen the EC by preserving the right/responsibility of electors to vote against the popular vote when it goes off the rails. With a healthy EC we could have avoided the Trump fiasco altogether.

It has nothing to do with winning. It has to do with one voter, one vote and each having equal weight. Under the EC it is not equal. The vote of a voter in Wyoming is worth four votes to a single vote in California or New York.

Which States Have the Most Powerful Votes?

It has nothing to do with winning. It has to do with one voter, one vote and each having equal weight. Under the EC it is not equal. The vote of a voter in Wyoming is worth four votes to a single vote in California or New York.

Whatever. The votes cast in Wyoming are for Wyoming to use when assigning its electoral votes. But then I don't get the fixation on majority rule in the first place. It seems like a pretty meaningless concern. Are six people wiser than four? Maybe, maybe not. I'd rather have a system that insulates us from the stupidity that popular democracy can produce.

Whatever. The votes cast in Wyoming are for Wyoming to use when assigning its electoral votes. But then I don't get the fixation on majority rule in the first place. It seems like a pretty meaningless concern. Are six people wiser than four? Maybe, maybe not. I'd rather have a system that insulates us from the stupidity that popular democracy can produce.
The EC didn't do what it was designed to do and the reasons for it no longer exist. It doesn't take weeks for rural voters to get information on candidates. They have the same TV shows and internet that city dwellers do. The EC doesn't level any playing fields, it tilts them.

Why have states at all?

States are sovereign entities that can create their own laws within their borders (as long as they don't violate the U.S. Constitution). This does not cease to be the case if we abolish the Electoral College. I'm so happy to educate a Russian citizen like yourself of our system of government.

But by eliminating the electoral college you make some states irrelevant in an election. Russian citizen LOL. Why? Because I disagree with you on some political points and know that dumbass is one word?

Name one instance where the state of Wyoming decided an election.

But by eliminating the electoral college you make some states irrelevant in an election. Russian citizen LOL. Why? Because I disagree with you on some political points and know that dumbass is one word?

It's not states that need to be relevant in a single national election for the President of the United States, the PEOPLE do. That doesn't take a single thing away from a state. They still retain their sovereignty, they still have the same legislative representation. Nothing changes when every vote has equal weight.

It's not states that need to be relevant in a single national election for the President of the United States, the PEOPLE do. That doesn't take a single thing away from a state. They still retain their sovereignty, they still have the same legislative representation. Nothing changes when every vote has equal weight.

OK so candidate B gets 45%. Candidate A gets 40%, Candidate C gets 10% and Candidate D gets 5%. You’re asking for a win for the plurality. So now 55% of the country has a President it did not vote for. Last election HRC only got 48% of the votes.

I am again fine with this and I am OK with expanding how many parties we have that matter but you ll still have pissed off people. No process is perfect. I like the EC because we are a collection of states and smaller states to your point do have some influence and force the candidates to campaign there instead of just keeping their campaigns to major urban areas.

You completely miss the point. Are you being intentionally obtuse or is it because your Russian to English translator broke? Why are you so afraid of one voter one vote? I get why Putin and Trump are, but why you?

You claim to live in Massachusetts which means your vote for Trump is completely meaningless. Don't you want it to count?

You completely miss the point. Are you being intentionally obtuse or is it because your Russian to English translator broke? Why are you so afraid of one voter one vote? I get why Putin and Trump are, but why you?

You claim to live in Massachusetts which means your vote for Trump is completely meaningless. Don't you want it to count?

No. And my state voting this way is annoying but I have the option to move. I am not a hardcore Republican however so it doesn’t bother me all that much. Liz Warren does bother me but we have a lot of students that live here and vote here so of course we will lean left. I was a Leftist loon when I was in my early 20s. But because of this to your point many don’t vote however many still do. No system is perfect. I also believe the Republican Party is run by idiots. They do not connect with young people whatsoever. Democrats are worse but not by much. Hence I am a proud Independent. And you’re just jealous because our sports teams crush yours. Like your choking LA Rams and LA Dodgers. Boo hoo. West Coast loser.

Pretty much that’s how the election has been decided for years. Do you honestly disagree?

If it were a popular vote then the coastal cities would control the election as most of the people live on the coasts. That is not what our founding fathers wanted. I am OK with amending this while at the same time amending the 14th that grants automatic citizenship to anyone born in the US. Fair compromise?
One man, One vote.

Why should smaller states have more power per vote?

One man, One vote.

Why should smaller states have more power per vote?

One man? What about women? You misogynistic loser. I explained why in a detailed post, FakeDave. It was an opinion. I would be fine with plurality but Leftist assholes like you would find a reason or 100 to complain about that too if an election didn’t go your way.

No. And my state voting this way is annoying but I have the option to move. I am not a hardcore Republican however so it doesn’t bother me all that much. Liz Warren does bother me but we have a lot of students that live here and vote here so of course we will lean left. I was a Leftist loon when I was in my early 20s. But because of this to your point many don’t vote however many still do. No system is perfect. I also believe the Republican Party is run by idiots. They do not connect with young people whatsoever. Democrats are worse but not by much. Hence I am a proud Independent. And you’re just jealous because our sports teams crush yours. Like your choking LA Rams and LA Dodgers. Boo hoo. West Coast loser.

Non sequitur much? What do my sports teams have to do with your vote not counting? Which, by the way, are the five time Superbowl champions the 49ers, the three time World Series champions the Giants and the five time NBA champions the Warriors.

Aww, wassa matter, you don't have more than one team in your state?

Non sequitur much? What do my sports teams have to do with your vote not counting? Which, by the way, are the five time Superbowl champions the 49ers, the three time World Series champions the Giants and the five time NBA champions the Warriors.

LMAO

Patriots - 6x champs
Celtics - 17x champs
Red Sox - 8x Champs
Bruins - 6x champs

You live in SF and are a Leftist Loon with the odd avatar. You’re weird.

The EC doesn't level any playing fields, it tilts them.

Yes it does. It tilts them toward geographic and cultural minorities. Who otherwise get ignored under pure majority rule.

Let's just say it's there to compensate for the excesses of democracy.

LMAO

Patriots - 6x champs
Celtics - 17x champs
Red Sox - 8x Champs
Bruins - 6x champs

You live in SF and are a Leftist Loon with the odd avatar. You’re weird.

Yes, I live in the bay area. Yes, I lean left on most issues and I have lots of avatars. I change them frequently. I like this particular one because it annoys the fundies.

My 49ers are in first place...Your Pats are not. :lol:

Forum List

Back