Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

Did you not see where He set aside His authority and humbled Himself to become one of us?

Yes he was prince of all angels, he became lower than the angels( mortal) Hebrews 2:7)--- he died and paid the wages of sin he did not owe( the ransom sacrifice)And received- a 1000 year kingship and a bride of Christ( little flock-Luke 12:32) = 144,000)
You see the ot clearly teaches--God is king of eternity---If Jesus were that God, he could not be appointed to a kingship( Dan 7:13-15) he already would be king. But not only is he appointed, he must hand it back to his God as well( 1Cor 15:24-28)--- so how does God have a God, yet there only be one God?
How many times must I repeat it? Jesus set aside His authority and submitted to God, just as we all must do. Otherwise He could hardly be one of us, could He?

Jesus went back to being a spirit at his resurrection. He hadn't even become king yet at that point--not until Rev 6--post war in heaven.
There's no scriptural evidence of that!!!!

1Peter 3:18--- put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit.
Rev 6--he receives his crown.
Read the next verse:
19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits
Quite obviously, this was not done here on earth, but was done before His resurrection. Also, from Luke, but other Gospels record the same,
24 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb,3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
If He is only a spirit, He would have no need for a body, and it would still be there. It is not, and it is not because Jesus was resurrected.

Last edited:
Did you not see where He set aside His authority and humbled Himself to become one of us?

Yes he was prince of all angels, he became lower than the angels( mortal) Hebrews 2:7)--- he died and paid the wages of sin he did not owe( the ransom sacrifice)And received- a 1000 year kingship and a bride of Christ( little flock-Luke 12:32) = 144,000)
You see the ot clearly teaches--God is king of eternity---If Jesus were that God, he could not be appointed to a kingship( Dan 7:13-15) he already would be king. But not only is he appointed, he must hand it back to his God as well( 1Cor 15:24-28)--- so how does God have a God, yet there only be one God?
How many times must I repeat it? Jesus set aside His authority and submitted to God, just as we all must do. Otherwise He could hardly be one of us, could He?

Jesus went back to being a spirit at his resurrection. He hadn't even become king yet at that point--not until Rev 6--post war in heaven.
Actually, no. He presented His physically resurrected body to His disciples, eating with them, allowing them to touch His hands and His side to demonstrate it really was Him.

The first day outside the tomb--Mary didn't recognize Jesus because he was not in his original body. He appeared behind a locked door--physical bodies cannot do that. But he can appear at will in his original body like he did with Thomas.
So, IOW, He is in His resurrected body, and in the resurrection, we will be like Him. There is no need for separate bodies at all.

Actually, no. He presented His physically resurrected body to His disciples, eating with them, allowing them to touch His hands and His side to demonstrate it really was Him.

No. Jesus did not pop in and out of actual reality after he died to spook his friends.

What was recorded were eyewitness accounts of what was seen and heard in dreams.
That is not indicated in Scripture.

When Ezekiel was carried by an angel holding his hair and flew through the air from Babylon to Jerusalem where he dug though 13 feet of the temple wall of solid stone with his bare hands it wasn't described as a dream either.

I suppose the writers assumed that an intelligent reader would know that such things don't happen anywhere else but in dreams.

It is the Jewish belief that dreams are the medium through which God communicates to man. If the disciples spoke with with Jesus in their dreams after he died they would have been convinced that Jesus survived death and had received the reward of the righteous, eternal life, and was in the realm of God.
He was seen repeatedly by multiple people at the same time. Not a dream.

Exactly like in Ezekiel, the details and circumstances of each visitation makes it impossible that they were truthful eyewitness accounts of anything but a dream.

Dead people do not materialize and dematerialize in crowded locked rooms except in dreams.
Of course they don't. Jesus isn't dead any more, remember? He is in His resurrected body. No, you don't get 500 people to see the same person at the same time in a dream.

Ha ha it is like watching Abott and Costello arguing who's on first no so and so is on first... It is so funny that it is quite sad that some people actually by this crap about Jesus.....lol.....

quote:>>he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits

I can't believe how oblivious people are to this:
1) this shows he lied because:
In John 20:1-17 He tells Mary to lie for him and tell them he ascended to his father when he descended to hell instead
-acts 2:27,1peter 3:19.

Rev 9:1 the fallen star was given
the key to the shaft of the Abyss. remember
Jesus is the one admitting to having this
Key to the abyss in Revelation 1:18 He’s
also always saying salvation is in death and
we see his proud proclaimation of being the gate keeper of death:
-Apocryphon of James-
"become seekers for death, like the
dead who seek for life; for that which they
seek is revealed to them. And what is there
to trouble them? As for you, when you
examine death it will teach you election.
Verily I say unto you, none of those who fear
death will be saved; for the kingdom of
death belongs to those who put themselves
to death!" Rev 9:2 When he opened the
Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke
from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky
were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss.
Luke 23:44-45 and there was a darkness
over all the earth until the ninth hour. And
the sun was darkened.Act’s 2:27 and 1 peter
3:19 he descended to hell means he opened
the abyss. this is when it darkened at his
opening of the abyss. G0D darkens the
heavens as he snuffs out his enemy,like in
Ezekiel 32:7-8.
Revelations 6:7 When the Lamb opened the
fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth
living creature say, "Come!" 8I looked, and
there before me was a pale horse! Its rider
was named Death, and Hades was following
close behind him. They were given power
over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword,
famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of
the earth.
He knew in dying he would draw people to
himself rather then to G-d the dying god
mythology was thus imitated where the son
(the morning star) surpasses his father Baal.
He wanted to raise himself high into the
heavens above the throne of G-d: Isaiah
14:12 the Morning Star Heb Helel; i.e.
shining one Is 34:4; Luke 10:18; Rev 8:10;
9:1 2 Pet 1:19; Rev 2:28; 22:16 . [See here
etymology of "Lucifer": "[ the morning star, a
fallen rebel archangel, THE Devil, fr. OE. fr.
Latin, the morning star, fr. Lucifer light-
bearing, fr. luc light + -fer -ferous--more at
LIGHT]" (Webster's, p.677) I Jesus am the
bright morning star (Lucifer) Rev 22:16

The Morning Star in Isaiah 14:13-15
You said in your heart, "I
will ascend to heaven, above the stars of
God, and will set my throne on High... I will
ascend above the heights of the Clouds, I
will be as the Most High." Yet you will be
brought down to the grave, to the sides of
the pit!
I already showed you that Jesus the claimed morning star was indeed
claiming his ascension when actually he was
brought down to the pit (the grave) by the
hands of his enemies for declaring himself
God as per Ezekiel 28:6 prophecy as per
description in Isaiah 12:14:17 describing the quake and darkness & pit
accounts in Acts 2:27 and 1 Peter 3:19, he
claimed to be the most high, and holy king
(John 8:57, 10:25-36, Psalm 82:1-8).
*Note
stars means angels, clouds means temple
priests (hosts in gethering were called
clouds) thus his claim as top messenger prophet of God is=to the definition of
arch angel. Thus Jesus was the fallen archangel, the one who is overturned by the Shiloh thus "thrown out of heaven".
Note:Heaven(olam habah means world to come=thus thrown out of the future to be) When a myth is rejected eventually it's thrown out of the future like former mythologies. All though, those former mythologies you think have been removed are actually still around masked in the myth of Jesus. Zeus, Dagon, Esus, Mithra, Baal, Osiris, Horus, Zoroaster, etc

Last edited:

Read the next verse:
19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits
Quite obviously, this was not done here on earth, but was done before His resurrection. Also, from Luke, but other Gospels record the same,
24 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb,3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
If He is only a spirit, He would have no need for a body, and it would still be there. It is not, and it is not because Jesus was resurrected.

In the ot when angels appeared to mortals, they appeared as mortals. Peter knew first hand and he stated--Jesus was raised a spirit. If your teachers are calling Gods word a lie--you need a new teacher.

The first day outside the tomb--Mary didn't recognize Jesus because he was not in his original body. He appeared behind a locked door--physical bodies cannot do that. But he can appear at will in his original body like he did with Thomas.
So, IOW, He is in His resurrected body, and in the resurrection, we will be like Him. There is no need for separate bodies at all.

144,000 are [promised heaven--Rev 14:3--bought from the earth. These are the little flock( Luke 12:32) the bride of Christ. There isn't a single passage that teaches the great multitude go to heaven. But instead received this promise from Jesus--Matt 5:5--Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth. I would advise to believe Jesus.

Read the next verse:

In the ot when angels appeared to mortals, they appeared as mortals. Peter knew first hand and he stated--Jesus was raised a spirit. If your teachers are calling Gods word a lie--you need a new teacher.
God's word a lie???? when it clearly states Jehovah is Jesus Christ.
That Alpha and Omega, the first and the last. Thee Jehovah of JW doctrine Clearly states in first two chapters of Rev. that Jehovah died.
1:8“I am the Al′pha and the O·me′ga,”f says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty
1:17 When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the Firsto and the Last,p
1:18 and the living one,q and I became dead,r but look! I am living forever and ever,s and I have the keys of death and of the G8“And to the angel of the
2:8 And congregation in Smyr′na write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’l who became dead and came to life a

A quickening spirit is a physical body that doesn't have blood running through the veins. It has something else. 1Cor. 15:35-36 says a person who is quickened has a body.
1Cor.15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased Him, and to every seed His own body.
Phillipians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, That it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body....
Rev.22:4 And they shall see his face
Rev.21:3 And I heard a voice out of heaven saying, behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and He shall dwell with them....(2Cor.5:1-2,4
So Jesus administered with the apostles for 40 days. Was he a spirit then or did he have a body of flesh and bones? When the Angles testified that He would return in like manner as He ascended. What was he ascending with"

Now does the Bible contradict itself or is the JW religion false. Or....is it worse than false?

There are many places where Jesus claims to be God. You can disagree with Him, but that's what He says.

That's why you can't find 1.
However all over is evidence of placing the character over God by you making him your god.
fact Moshiach would be a man not God.
Making him both=story of Lucifer
1-Lucifer would be deemed perfect and a god lifted higher the YHWH.
2-Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, [even] Jesus;
3:2 who was faithful to him that appointed him....(If someone appointed him, then he isn’t God)
The author of Hebrews (now seen as probably not Paul’s style)
confirmed this was a correct translation when he quoted it. (Heb 2:7,9) You made him a little lower than angels; with glory and honor you crowned him, and appointed him over the works of your hands. 9 but we "behold Jesus, who has been made a little lower than angels".
Hebrews 5:6, 5:10, & 6:20 say Jesus is after the Order of Melchizedek (another name for Archangel Michael)

Third person tense using "him"=another.
Matthew 4:10«Then Jesus said to him, «Away with you, Satan! For IT IS WRITTEN,«You shall worship the Lord your God, and "Him" only you shall serve.»

John 5:30 I can of my own self do, nothing.

John 14:12 The works I do, you can do, and greater

John 16:23 You shall ask me for nothing

John 16:26 I do not say that I will pray to the Father for you

John 5:3I If I bear witness about myself, my witness is false

Luke 12:14 Who made me judge or divider over you ?

Mark 12:26 And as for the dead being raised, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the passage about the bush, how God said to him, 'I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'?
Here Jesus is talking in verse 24-26 he talks about how G-d said to him not saying ‘I said to him’ clearly a distinction that G-d is another person refering to "him" as another.

The "why did you foresake me" speach is as obvious as it gets unless you say he talks to himself.

I can go on all day with verses but it's very clear in the OT.
Numbers 23:19.The Hebrew reads:
lo ish el vichazev u-vein-adam v'yitnechamGod is not a man, nor will he lie, nor is he mortal, nor will he relent.
Jesus was a lie about a mere man who lied and who relented.
Jesus isn't even an actual singular historical figure, none of the christ figures used for his accounts ever claimed to be Creator of Creation.
I have shown you where He said He is God. Like I also said, you may disagree with Him, but He made it clear.

Who's he?
Name a SINGULAR historical person not the generic IeSous(Jesus).
What era did this historical figure live in?
How old was he when he died?
Give me Historical facts not mythology.
There were many christs, so please name yours.
Clearly I am speaking of the Christ who is named in Scripture and am making the case that He claimed to be God, many times.
There are at least 4-5 christs converged-compiled in your NT even Acts talks of 2 other Christs (Yehuda the Galilean & Theudas by the Jordan)who happened to be used for the image Jesus.
Even Paul and James are at odds claiming each is worshiping a different Christ then they are, while the NT states there was a church of Satan that existed as in worshiping a christ that they thought impostered or was adversary theirs.
All I asked was for a name and era and age.
But you couldn't be honest and answer or admit you couldn't. I rest my case.

Your Resurrection acct is also problematic, because
1)it's self testified and you'd be going against his word not to self testify.
2)to compete with mythologies and explain a dying failed figure and being they borrowed Baal's mythology, meant the son of Baal rose from the dead like Baal his father did in his predated recorded passion play. (source of which I already supplied)
3) They did not recognize the body-persona
in this story your trinity is busted.
Because if he returned(hashev) then that was a forth and returning again later would be a fifth as even they claimed it would be another with a new name(hashem).
4)Furthermore it would mean Satan got his way making Jesus popular lifting him higher then God by appearing as his resurrection or creating his resurrection story. In fact the whole claim to being eternal through belief in Jesus is warned about in the Genesis Serpent story, exact same promise and symbolic representation.
Sorry Hashev but I refuse to accept as scripture what my mind cannot grasp.

Read the next verse:

Jesus' body was gone from the tomb. If He was only spirit, it would have still been there. You do know, don't you, that Jesus' body was dead for a while? As I noted before, it was during that time that he preached to those who had died before. He was then resurrected and His body was transformed.

144,000 are [promised heaven--Rev 14:3--bought from the earth. These are the little flock( Luke 12:32) the bride of Christ. There isn't a single passage that teaches the great multitude go to heaven. But instead received this promise from Jesus--Matt 5:5--Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth. I would advise to believe Jesus.
Of course. His saints will reign with Him, thus inheriting the earth. I do believe Jesus.

From 2 Timothy 2:
If we died with him, we will also live with him;
12 if we endure,
we will also reign with him.

From Romans 6:
We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.

No. Jesus did not pop in and out of actual reality after he died to spook his friends.

What was recorded were eyewitness accounts of what was seen and heard in dreams.

When Ezekiel was carried by an angel holding his hair and flew through the air from Babylon to Jerusalem where he dug though 13 feet of the temple wall of solid stone with his bare hands it wasn't described as a dream either.

I suppose the writers assumed that an intelligent reader would know that such things don't happen anywhere else but in dreams.

It is the Jewish belief that dreams are the medium through which God communicates to man. If the disciples spoke with with Jesus in their dreams after he died they would have been convinced that Jesus survived death and had received the reward of the righteous, eternal life, and was in the realm of God.

Exactly like in Ezekiel, the details and circumstances of each visitation makes it impossible that they were truthful eyewitness accounts of anything but a dream.

Dead people do not materialize and dematerialize in crowded locked rooms except in dreams.
Of course they don't. Jesus isn't dead any more, remember? He is in His resurrected body. No, you don't get 500 people to see the same person at the same time in a dream.

The subject of the resurrection is not about the resumption of a former existence after physical death, it is about entry into a new existence after spiritual death while still living in a physical body.

Just like the story of the transfiguration is about what was seen during a dream the appearances of Jesus after his crucifixion were eyewitness accounts of what was seen and heard during dreams.

Lazarus was not physically dead when he came out of the tomb and neither were they physically dead those who came to life when they heard Jesus preach while they were still in the grave.

Jesus who was living under an ISIS style compulsory observance of a literal interpretation and application of Mosaic law compared the Pharisees and their beliefs and practices to whitewashed tombs and unmarked graves.

One does not have to throw their rational mind in the garbage and deny truths about reality to believe that Jesus was raised from the dead.

Last edited:

The subject of the resurrection is not about the resumption of a former existence after physical death, it is about entry into a new existence after spiritual death while still living in a physical body.

Just like the story of the transfiguration is about what was seen during a dream the appearances of Jesus after his crucifixion were eyewitness accounts of what was seen and heard during dreams.

Nonsense. Jesus was seen simultaneously by multiple people at multiple times, on one occasion more than 500 at once. 500 people do not have the same dream at the same time in which they all see, hear, and touch the same person. In order to insist otherwise, you have to completely discount the Biblical record, in which case you're no longer discussing what the Bible says.

Lazarus was not physically dead when he came out of the tomb and neither were they physically dead those who came to life when they heard Jesus preach while they were still in the grave.

Lazarus was indeed physically dead, had been for 4 days and the people didn't want to open the tomb because of the stench given off by his decaying body.

Jesus who was living under an ISIS style compulsory observance of a literal interpretation and application of Mosaic law compared the Pharisees and their beliefs and practices to whitewashed tombs and unmarked graves.

One does not have to throw their rational mind in the garbage and deny truths about reality to believe that Jesus was raised from the dead.

Basically, you are insisting that the God who created the universe and all of its physical laws is not greater than His own creation. That doesn't make any sense.

Lazarus was the rich naked boy who slept with Jesus & was seen fleeing from his cabin.
Most likely financing the traveling Benny Hinn scam thus in on the ruse. Either Rome made up the story to compete or plagiarize other mythologies or this was a ruse using self testimony(remember your own text states:
(John 5:3I If I bear witness about myself, my witness is false)
, perhaps how Lazarus became rich in the first place.
Another possibility is in understanding what being cast out to die and coming back from the dead means.
When they expelled you from the "kingdom" outside the walls of YeruShalem was the firey trash dump aka pit and they called you the dead as in being no more to them-to be remembered no more=dead. Some people were allowed to return from the dead and back into the community. Raised from being an outcasted to returning back to acceptance.

Sources:

A newly translated Gnostic gospel, entitled The Secret Book of Judas ofKerioth, According to this seeminglyauthentic early Cainite-Ophite text, translated from the Coptic by Mohammed al-Murtada and Francis Bendik, said Jesus had an active bisexual love life,including relationswith John, Lazarus and Mary Magdelene.
Also validating that: is
in the missing portions of Mark it shows Jesus sleeping with a naked young rich man, but also the NT validates this:
"...there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold of him: And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked." (Mark 14:51-52). Was this the companion that Luke observed with Jesus inside the garden?

"...he that is courageous among the mighty shall flee away naked on that day..."(Amos 2:16----the Hebrew 'labab' translated 'flee away' here, actually means 'transported with love', and also 'ravished'). Now that certainly fits this episode of the young man fleeing away naked from Jesus outside the garden of Gethsemane.

Who was this young man if not perhaps the rich man whom "Then Jesus beholding him, loved him..."(Mark 10:21). Perhaps it was the rich man Lazarus, of whom "...he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth..."(John 11:11----The Greek 'philos' translated 'friend', also means 'dear' and 'fond of').

Read the next verse:

Jesus' body was gone from the tomb. If He was only spirit, it would have still been there. You do know, don't you, that Jesus' body was dead for a while? As I noted before, it was during that time that he preached to those who had died before. He was then resurrected and His body was transformed.
Of course I know that. I'm a Mormon. Those Mormon Temples you see when you travel down the highway are based on 1Peter4:4-6, and 1Peter3:18-19

Lazarus was the rich naked boy who slept with Jesus & was seen fleeing from his cabin.
Most likely financing the traveling Benny Hinn scam thus in on the ruse. Either Rome made up the story to compete or plagiarize other mythologies or this was a ruse using self testimony(remember your own text states:
(John 5:3I If I bear witness about myself, my witness is false)
, perhaps how Lazarus became rich in the first place.
Another possibility is in understanding what being cast out to die and coming back from the dead means.
When they expelled you from the "kingdom" outside the walls of YeruShalem was the firey trash dump aka pit and they called you the dead as in being no more to them-to be remembered no more=dead. Some people were allowed to return from the dead and back into the community. Raised from being an outcasted to returning back to acceptance.

Sources:

A newly translated Gnostic gospel, entitled The Secret Book of Judas ofKerioth, According to this seeminglyauthentic early Cainite-Ophite text, translated from the Coptic by Mohammed al-Murtada and Francis Bendik, said Jesus had an active bisexual love life,including relationswith John, Lazarus and Mary Magdelene.
Also validating that: is
in the missing portions of Mark it shows Jesus sleeping with a naked young rich man, but also the NT validates this:
"...there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold of him: And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked." (Mark 14:51-52). Was this the companion that Luke observed with Jesus inside the garden?

"...he that is courageous among the mighty shall flee away naked on that day..."(Amos 2:16----the Hebrew 'labab' translated 'flee away' here, actually means 'transported with love', and also 'ravished'). Now that certainly fits this episode of the young man fleeing away naked from Jesus outside the garden of Gethsemane.

Who was this young man if not perhaps the rich man whom "Then Jesus beholding him, loved him..."(Mark 10:21). Perhaps it was the rich man Lazarus, of whom "...he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth..."(John 11:11----The Greek 'philos' translated 'friend', also means 'dear' and 'fond of').
Hashev, what you post here is beyond our comprehension. Maybe you should go post over at the Mensa forum

Read the next verse:

God's word a lie???? when it clearly states Jehovah is Jesus Christ.
That Alpha and Omega, the first and the last. Thee Jehovah of JW doctrine Clearly states in first two chapters of Rev. that Jehovah died.
1:8“I am the Al′pha and the O·me′ga,”f says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty
1:17 When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the Firsto and the Last,p
1:18 and the living one,q and I became dead,r but look! I am living forever and ever,s and I have the keys of death and of the G8“And to the angel of the
2:8 And congregation in Smyr′na write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’l who became dead and came to life a

A quickening spirit is a physical body that doesn't have blood running through the veins. It has something else. 1Cor. 15:35-36 says a person who is quickened has a body.
1Cor.15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased Him, and to every seed His own body.
Phillipians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, That it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body....
Rev.22:4 And they shall see his face
Rev.21:3 And I heard a voice out of heaven saying, behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and He shall dwell with them....(2Cor.5:1-2,4
So Jesus administered with the apostles for 40 days. Was he a spirit then or did he have a body of flesh and bones? When the Angles testified that He would return in like manner as He ascended. What was he ascending with"

Now does the Bible contradict itself or is the JW religion false. Or....is it worse than false?

Your misinterpretation is what is false. 3 speak in Revelation--Jehovah, Jesus and John. Truth only gets revealed through Jesus' real teachers to share at the proper time.
Jesus said--Hallowed be thy( Father) name= YHWH(Jehovah)--- Jesus is not the Father. The Father is Jesus' God and Jesus' real teachers teach that fact--Paul, Peter and John did.

Read the next verse:

Read the next verse:

No part lives on once one is dead. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. The ot teaches--On the day of ones death--ALL thought stops. It was symbolism that Jesus witnessed to the dead in Hades.( grave)

Forum List

Back