🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question I've Always Wondered: Why is the Left So Adamant about Abortion Remaining Legal?

Well, it's interesting that the Catholic Church doesn't baptize fetuses. They wait until birth.
I think that's because according to traditional Christian dogma original sin does not attach until birth.

But while the thread is simply a bad attempt to "bate" I chose to respond to you. RBG is right. A right to abortion is really an equal protection issue. I mean, yes, its absurd to think we Americans don't have some overall right to privacy. That is implicit. Did the founders really consider why library check out records should be private ... or whether the govt or amazon should have access to your browsing history? They didn't, and hopefully most of us think its wrong for us to not have privacy rights on those issues. But we really don't.

The thing with abortion is ... suppose a young man impregnates a young woman. The man will never go through childbirth. Assuming the woman choses not to put the infant is state foster care - suppose the woman "choses" to raise the infant or if a private adoption is not available (i.e. if the woman is a minority) the woman or the state can pursue paternity payments, but the reality is the man can avoid them.

Simply put, by virtue of gender, a woman is being treated unequally at law if abortion is illegal. But Alito is right that at the time the consitution was ratified, a minority of places did have laws preventing legal abortion once the fetus had "quickened" or the fetuses movement could be noticed by the woman 16-20 mos.

But the government makes laws.

And which god(s) are you referring to? There are many (and goddesses).
Yes, the government makes law, but law isn't the final authority. Just because something is lawful, doesn't mean it's good for us or the nation. So what is the name of your god/goddess?

But perhaps there is a way to define that moment. 1st heart beat? The moment when there is a brain distinct from the rest of the body? It's got to be something. Perhaps it's your brain that is passing the gas.

I did define what is minimally required for there to possibly be a person to speak of, read what I said and ask something else.

Bullshit, what I endorse is personal rights for people to descide when they want to have children, while you want to intrude in their life and force them into what you think they should do based on a religious dogma.
Yet you don't think the child has the right to live. That right supersedes any desire for convenience.

It's an wedge issue that both sides have used for years to drive the voters to the polls.

They could have made Roe v Wade a federal issue and we would not be in this position had Congress done it's job way back in 1973.

Now here is where we are. The left and right are terrible at the games they play.
It may be a game for the left, but conservatives are sincerely concerned with human life.

I did define what is minimally required for there to possibly be a person to speak of, read what I said and ask something else.
Do you believe this or not?
"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the unalienable rights which the Declaration says have been given to all humans by their Creator, and which governments are created to protect.

In the only my views matter category

1. Anyone with a view different than mine has no right to broadcast that view
2. Your speech is violence, my violence is speech.
3. If I can't stop you from speaking, those in power must stop you from speaking.
Illustrations of your points:

1. Disney speaks out against the "don't say gay" bill, they are punished.

2. In the words of the Republican Party, the January 6 insurrection was "legitimate political discourse."

3. I don't like the math books in public school, I will have the state remove them.

Never said that. Being against the welfare state does not equate to being for kids starving to death.
Notice how the left never allows for the option of the actual parents taking care of the child. It's either abort or welfare for them.

Do you believe this or not?
"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the unalienable rights which the Declaration says have been given to all humans by their Creator, and which governments are created to protect.

It's perfectly clear that Constitutional rights apply only to born persons.

2. In the words of the Republican Party, the January 6 insurrection was "legitimate political discourse."

3. I don't like the math books in public school, I will have the state remove them.

They were taking an active side in opposing the bill, not just speaking about it, and you keep repeating the "don't say gay" thing.

Anything not involving trespass or violence sure was, and even the trespass wasn't insurrection. Neither was the violence.

So he removed all math books from schools?

That you have to lie in your snark just shows what a hack you are.

Now please go make the world a far, far better place by becoming 6 feet under it.

Can you link us up to this “Don’t say gay” bill?

They were taking an active side in opposing the bill, not just speaking about it, and you keep repeating the "don't say gay" thing.

Anything not involving trespass or violence sure was, and even the trespass wasn't insurrection. Neither was the violence.

So he removed all math books from schools?

That you have to lie in your snark just shows what a hack you are.

Now please go make the world a far, far better place by becoming 6 feet under it.
Everything I said is 100 percent accurate.

This is the Republican idea of "legitimate political discourse":

The Republican Party on Friday officially declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it “legitimate political discourse,” and rebuked two lawmakers in the party who have been most outspoken in condemning the deadly riot and the role of Donald J. Trump in spreading the election lies that fueled it.

It's such a shame the way the tards project their own partisan hackery onto others. It really is.

Forum List

Back