Question Re: Benghazi

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
I don't pretend to know all the details of what is going on with this story and that makes me just like everyone else. No one knows the details but FOX and Repubs have already determined that SOMETHING...ANYTHING is wrong

During the Bush administration there were 54 attacks on diplomatic targets that killed 13 Americans yet garnered only three hearings on embassy security total and zero outrage on Fox. So why is this attack so different for Republicans?

Here's a quote that puts it in perspective:

“I think I see the problem here. You can’t understand why everyone else isn’t as outraged as you, when it is because the rest of us aren’t sure if what you’re saying is true. And to be quite frank, you do have somewhat of a history of hysteria, You may be right, but the denizens of Bullshit Mountain have cried wolf before and after 18 months of intensive investigations you should be able to better state your case.”

So what do Cons know that no one else does?

I don't pretend to know all the details of what is going on with this story and that makes me just like everyone else. No one knows the details but FOX and Repubs have already determined that SOMETHING...ANYTHING is wrong

During the Bush administration there were 54 attacks on diplomatic targets that killed 13 Americans yet garnered only three hearings on embassy security total and zero outrage on Fox. So why is this attack so different for Republicans?

“I think I see the problem here. You can’t understand why everyone else isn’t as outraged as you, when it is because the rest of us aren’t sure if what you’re saying is true. And to be quite frank, you do have somewhat of a history of hysteria, You may be right, but the denizens of Bullshit Mountain have cried wolf before and after 18 months of intensive investigations you should be able to better state your case.”

Oh I know, because the death of 4 Americans (a third of that entire total from 54 attacks) sparked zero outrage from the Liberal Media. So, what did Jodie Arias do that compared to the death of Americans in a Consulate? Oh, she just killed her boyfriend. Way to cover the news, liberals.

Hypocrite much?

That neither Fox News or Bush sent a high level official to spread the word that a Video sparked the violence that ended in the deaths?

Just guessing.

The coverup is worse than the crime (or the attack) or at least it used to be during republican administrations. The administration lied to the American public about the attack and the alleged cause of the attack which they said was an obscure you-tube video and a demonstration that got out of hand (with mortar attacks on 9-11).. The question is where did the lies originate. Another issue is the fact that rescue operations were told to "stand down" and there would be no effort to try to save the Ambassador or the security team. Still another issue is the fact that the Ambassador asked for more security and his request was apparently denied.

Some of us take issue with elected officials who openly lie to the American people, apparently you do not.

That neither Fox News or Bush sent a high level official to spread the word that a Video sparked the violence that ended in the deaths?

Just guessing.

So the Youtube video is the big whoop then? Or that it wasn't?

Just guessing.

Did Youtube corporate send Susan Rice to appear on Face the Nation?

Just guessing.

Like I said in the OP, you have questions, but questions are not points. Can you get to the point?

Just guessing.

If incorrect and misleading media talking points were impeachable offenses, the whoppers that came from the Bush adminstration during the propaganda phase of the Iraq invasion and occupation would have had him impeached. At least with President Clinton they did get him to lie under oath about his affair with Monica. This is nothing more than trying to submarine Hillary chances for the Whitehouse in 2016. I believe it will backfire on the Republican beginning next year.

Just guessing.

If incorrect and misleading media talking points were impeachable offenses, the whoppers that came from the Bush adminstration during the propaganda phase of the Iraq invasion and occupation would have had him impeached. At least with President Clinton they did get him to lie under oath about his affair with Monica. This is nothing more than trying to submarine Hillary chances for the Whitehouse in 2016. I believe it will backfire on the Republican beginning next year.

That was then, this is now. I don't believe I brought impeachment up.

Like I said in the OP, you have questions, but questions are not points. Can you get to the point?

I answered your question in my original post. I understand completely why you don't like it.

So its all because someone said the attack happened because of a youtube video. And this is worthy of 9 hearings because...?

I don't know the answer to that, Jon Stewart.....

I answered your question in my original post. I understand completely why you don't like it.

So its all because someone said the attack happened because of a youtube video. And this is worthy of 9 hearings because...?

Because it didn't happen as a result of a YouTube video. It happened because of willful incompetence by the Administration.

The coverup is worse than the crime (or the attack) or at least it used to be during republican administrations. The administration lied to the American public about the attack and the alleged cause of the attack which they said was an obscure you-tube video and a demonstration that got out of hand (with mortar attacks on 9-11).. The question is where did the lies originate. Another issue is the fact that rescue operations were told to "stand down" and there would be no effort to try to save the Ambassador or the security team. Still another issue is the fact that the Ambassador asked for more security and his request was apparently denied.

We've just learned this year that Nixon was a traitor long before he authorized the "Plumbers" illegal activity.

LBJ accused Nixon aides of treason in archives - SFGate

Long before the Watergate investigation uncovered his crimes.

Watergate: Brief Timeline Of Events

Forum List

Back