Quite A Double Standard

Stupid. So, you are holed up, underground, a Hamas soldier, and you find out that the IDF bombed your home and killed your wife and children. What, are you climbing out of that tunnel and giving up? I mean if it was me, well I would be seeking retribution, and death. But it wouldn't be a one for one trade, I would be taking out as many of those Jewish racists as I could before they put me down.
stupid? After killing innocent Israelis, your mythical Hamas soldier should wonder what his fate will be?

If you don't understand the purpose of deterrence, then just say so.

If an organization will not be deterred, then it can die and take all those around them with them.

I'm not sure where this "deterrence" issue came from. As I understand Israel's stated intention, it's simply to eradicate the Gaza Strip of Hamas. I don't think most Israelis want to kill Palestinians, but at this point .... I'm not sure I'd care what became of them. They turned down at least two peace offers. Whether Israel can pull off killing every Hamas fighter or leader... I dunno. I mean they could literally depopulate the Gaza Strip with fewer IDF casualties, but that really would cause a lingering war.

And at the heart of it, that's the difference between the IDF and Hamas.

Israel may call it off, if all the hostages are immediately released, but I think Hamas has already crossed that Rubicon. Israel may actually lose a war with Hamas ... if Israel is unwilling to cause as much collateral damage to civilians as Hamas is willing to cause. But my guess is that Hamas has already crossed that Rubicon too. So, it may be most likely that Israel simply can't pull off actually ridding the Gaza Strip of all of Hamas, but tunnels will be imploded and/or sealed off, and the IDF will control who and what comes in and out. And hopefully there will be some kind of prisoner exchange. And the Pales' lives will be even worse for Hamas's governance .... unless the Arab states stop allowing them to get money and arms.

stupid? After killing innocent Israelis, your mythical Hamas soldier should wonder what his fate will be?

If you don't understand the purpose of deterrence, then just say so.

If an organization will not be deterred, then it can die and take all those around them with them.
There is no such thing as a hamas soldier. They are terrorists.

There is no such thing as a hamas soldier. They are terrorists.
I'll grant that, even though they think of themselves as soldiers.

They are lower than terrorists; absolute cowardly animals would be more appropriate.

Regardless, it is the job of Israel to ensure that not a single one of them lives to commit another crime against humanity again.

Stupid. So, you are holed up, underground, a Hamas soldier, and you find out that the IDF bombed your home and killed your wife and children. What, are you climbing out of that tunnel and giving up? I mean if it was me, well I would be seeking retribution, and death. But it wouldn't be a one for one trade, I would be taking out as many of those Jewish racists as I could before they put me down.
Thank you so much for justifying Israels reaction to not just trade for one for what Hamas has done to start this war.

And still there are some Pali supporters who believe Hamas made a good move attacking Israel. I'ts called Palestinian mentality.

And still there are some Pali supporters who believe Hamas made a good move attacking Israel. I'ts called Palestinian mentality.
I don't know posters fitting that description. It's undeniable that Isreali govt has been shitting on the Pales since Sharon. But imo Hamas doesn't really give a shit about the Pales.

I don't know posters fitting that description. It's undeniable that Isreali govt has been shitting on the Pales since Sharon. But imo Hamas doesn't really give a shit about the Pales.
Bullshit, aside from maybe a few years during the Oslo negotiations, there has never been a time since 1920 when the Arabs/Palestinians have not been trying to destroy Israel and the conditions the Palestinians complain about are all efforts to prevent Palestinians from killing Jews.

Bullshit, aside from maybe a few years during the Oslo negotiations, there has never been a time since 1920 when the Arabs/Palestinians have not been trying to destroy Israel and the conditions the Palestinians complain about are all efforts to prevent Palestinians from killing Jews.
reading is fundamental

A whole lot of Palestinians sure celebrated when Hamas attacked Israel without warning & took hostages. Now that Israel responded, gone are Palestinian celebrations.

Forum List

Back