R.I.P. Andy Griffith

Neither did I. I don't live in the States and don't get a lot of news from there, especially entertainment news. I liked the Andy Griffith show a lot, the early years, especially before Gomer Pile and such. It was a sweet, imaginary place with simple values. Andy Griffith was perfect for the role he played.
Esmie, please tell us your feelings about Fred MacMurray.

We are riveted!:D

Neither did I. I don't live in the States and don't get a lot of news from there, especially entertainment news. I liked the Andy Griffith show a lot, the early years, especially before Gomer Pile and such. It was a sweet, imaginary place with simple values. Andy Griffith was perfect for the role he played.

Well okay, since you don't get a lot of U.S. news, I thought I would break the news to you that in addition to Andy Griffith, James Dean has also died.

Death of Rudolph Valentino

Hero of American girls | Emotional scenes in New York

Email

The Guardian, Tuesday 24 August 1926 10.37 EDT

An Exchange telegram from New York says Mr. Rudolph Valentino died yesterday. Death followed an unavailing blood transfusion. An X-ray examination has revealed that pleurisy affected the walls of the heart.

No monarch or war hero ever aroused more sympathetic public interest anywhere than Valentino during the illness which ended fatally to-day. From the day last week when he was taken to a nursing home all sources of public information were sought for news of his condition, and when the word "relapse" spread in New York yesterday crowds gathered about the nursing home and practically besieged the telephone companies and newspapers. Women by hundreds brought flowers and prayed on the steps of the building where the patient was lying.

Because America is the chief motion picture manufacturer and Valentino was the most romantic star of this new form of entertainment, he was to American flappers generally almost what the Prince of Wales is to the English. Recently, when the Chicago "Tribune" charged Valentino with effeminising American manhood by his influence, and Valentino challenged the editor to a duel with boxing gloves, a wave of indignation in his favour rushed from millions of American women.

The film which established Valentino as the great screen lover was adapted from the novel "The Sheik," by an Englishwoman, Mrs. E. M. Hull

Wow, what a bunch of jerks. Though this thread is not a current event, there are those who were not aware of Mr. Griffiths' death. It is still essentially a memorial thread. Turning it into a joke thread or using it to flame other posters is contemptible.

Wow, what a bunch of jerks. Though this thread is not a current event, there are those who were not aware of Mr. Griffiths' death. It is still essentially a memorial thread. Turning it into a joke thread or using it to flame other posters is contemptible.
We look forward to your guidance on these matters.

It is a matter of respect.:D

Who's left other than Opie and Gomer that are still living? (The Gomer in the bible was a whore)

Last edited:

Yeah but probably most of us here paid our respects to Griffith back when he died.
I remember doing so on two or three boards. Plenty enough time has now gone by, to joke around a bit.

We find it amusing that the progressives are so out of it that they have no clue of what is happening in the world around them. That's what is funny to us.

We ALL loved Andy Griffith, and if you bother to do a check you will probably find a tribute to him....BACK THEN!

However, the overall lack of awareness of the progressives is pretty damned funny.....and amazing to boot.

This has nothing to do with politics. Nothing. And as I already posted, I don't live in the States and do not keep up with American entertainment news.There are people who apparently are entertainment celebrities in the States of whom I have never heard. I don't watch American television. So this is news to me, and whether or not others know about this death, surely keeping up with the deaths of television stars has absolutely nothing to do with keeping up with world events. My God, if that is your measurement for keeping up with what is happening in the world, then you are not a very deep thinker at all.

Forum List

Back