Racist Babies

The study is flawed, period. They teased the babies by keeping items away from them, of course they are going to have a negative reaction towards those who do it or those babies who are treated preferentially.

Researchers from the University of Washington noticed that babies were more willing to share their toys with others who shared their ethnicity.

Study: Babies Show Racial Bias « CBS Seattle

I am not sure if you are a "liberal" pretending to be a racist just to make right wingers look bad or of you are just plain ignorant.

It has been proven that there is more racism among the less educated. An educated person would know that there is a difference between "racial bias" and being a "racist baby". The thread title is based on ignorance.

Beyond demonstrating that you are not well educated, you also missed something in your own link:

Sommerville did point out that this research does not mean that babies are racist.

“Racism connotes hostility,” she said, “and that’s not what we studied.”

That's silly, Tank. Put a bunch of babies on a blanket in a park and hand them all toys....they will either share or not share because each are individuals and have not been taught yet that skin color is "different". I have NEVER seen a "racist" baby in my life, nor will ever. Just ain't happenin' and that study is bogus.

Researchers from the University of Washington noticed that babies were more willing to share their toys with others who shared their ethnicity.

I am not sure if you are a "liberal" pretending to be a racist just to make right wingers look bad or of you are just plain ignorant.

It has been proven that there is more racism among the less educated. An educated person would know that there is a difference between "racial bias" and being a "racist baby". The thread title is based on ignorance.

Beyond demonstrating that you are not well educated, you also missed something in your own link:

Sommerville did point out that this research does not mean that babies are racist.

That's silly, Tank. Put a bunch of babies on a blanket in a park and hand them all toys....they will either share or not share because each are individuals and have not been taught yet that skin color is "different". I have NEVER seen a "racist" baby in my life, nor will ever. Just ain't happenin' and that study is bogus.

Children are taught ignorance and hatred be their ignorant and hateful parents.

One of the researchers specifically stated the study did not conclude babies were racist;

Sommerville says that her study shows “babies use basic distinctions, including race, to start to cleave the world apart by groups of what they are and aren’t a part of.”

Only some babies actually grow up to be racists like Tank. The hope is most human beings mature into adults who do not "cleave" the world into groups to be pre-judged or hated, not even babies do that.

It's just another attempt by liberals to show whites as racist.

Why did they only use white babies for this study?

Babies who gravitate to babies who look like them are racist?

Who knew?

They were intelligent babies: they left Tank in the corner.

Last edited:

I actually agree with you here. And even if the study says this was not to show babies are racist, this is how it is being spun. The issue is ,the study was flawed. Of course the children are going to not like the person who is teasing them, and or those babies who were favored. Such favoritism tends to have one focus on 'what is wrong with me and why do they consider that person better'. It builds resentment for the situation of being ignored and teased, and this resentment does not indicate racism.

This study was nothing but a flawed joke.

Babies might have fears about ANYTHING they have not seen before.. This includes Clowns and Big Black Mice at Disneyland.

One of the researchers specifically stated the study did not conclude babies were racist;

Sommerville says that her study shows “babies use basic distinctions, including race, to start to cleave the world apart by groups of what they are and aren’t a part of.”

Only some babies actually grow up to be racists like Tank. The hope is most human beings mature into adults who do not "cleave" the world into groups to be pre-judged or hated, not even babies do that.

Tank has black friends. So I am not sure any more what the heck is going on with him. Maybe a really bad experience? Not my business, but....he walks, talks, acts like a racist yet....he wants to have lunch with a black guy friend, was good friends with another black singer, etc.

Confused about Tank. I like him. But he sure ticks me off sometimes. And sometimes I just roll my eyes. And sometimes....I just wanna give him a flower.

Tank is one strange individual but nobody really knows someone on the net. So...shrug. Tank is Tank.

So where did it state in the article that this study was conducted by "liberals"?

That explains why blacks are the most racist of all ethnicities.

Tank has black friends. So I am not sure any more what the heck is going on with him. Maybe a really bad experience? Not my business, but....he walks, talks, acts like a racist yet....he wants to have lunch with a black guy friend, was good friends with another black singer, etc.

Confused about Tank. I like him. But he sure ticks me off sometimes. And sometimes I just roll my eyes. And sometimes....I just wanna give him a flower.

Tank is one strange individual but nobody really knows someone on the net. So...shrug. Tank is Tank.

The world is full of anomalies. There was an admitted Klansman who lived in the neighborhood that I grew up in as a kid who used to brag about having the best collection of Motown music ever, and I'll be damned if he didn't.

(For those who don't know it, Motown was a black owned record label that featured primarily black recording artists back in the 60's and 70's)

That old racist even gave me a couple of records from his collection that I still have to this day.

There are some who are fascinated by what they hate. And even stranger than that, there are some people who hate what they are.

For all anyone knows, "Tank" may actually even be black.

:confused::

Last edited:

Racists always talk about the 'black friends' they have. It's in the playbook. Usually starts off with I am not racist. I have lots of black friends. But......

So where did it state in the article that this study was conducted by "liberals"?
Really, who else would conduct such a experiment?

How about a team of psychologists like the article stated?

Now, just to humor you, if they thought like you maybe they were afraid that black babies would have robbed the psychologists and stolen all of the toys.

:badgrin:

Forum List

Back