Random Truths

You quote a lot of things but you show nothing

It's quite simple, government is funded by taxes. If you have a progressive tax system and replace that with a flat tax system that means the poor pay more and the rich less and that inceases income inequality. Unless you're an anarchist and want to abolish government of course, then you don't need taxes anymore.

Nothing wrong with supporting that, just don't be so hypocritical about it. Just admit that you love the 1% and hate the poor.

You may not being looking at this question from the proper angle, first off understand that "the rich" absolutely LOVE our current tax system and why wouldn't they? they created it. They have the money, power and connections to basically write any tax system they want, what they've done is created a system that is so full of loopholes, exemptions and credits that only they have the means to engage the necessary legion of lawyers to take full advantage of it, they also get the added bonus of being able to point to top marginal rates (which they never pay) and say "See! look at how high our income tax rates are!". Proponents of so-called "progressive taxation" in the name of fairness are actually advocating a system that is designed to be anything but "fair", it's a system that the average tax payer can never in their wildest dreams play on a level playing field in and it's a system that treats their dollars as less valuable then the dollars earned by those farther up the economic ladder.

A flat tax on the other hand is far more expensive for "the rich" in terms of real dollars, goodbye loopholes, goodbye exemptions, goodbye credits, goodbye playing games with income timelines, goodbye economic behavior manipulation, that's not what they want because it's actually "fair" since it treats every dollar they make exactly the same as every dollar everybody else makes. As far as the poor go it would be counter productive to tax their income at all, people below the poverty line require a flat income tax rate of 0% since taxing their income is a roadblock to getting them to where everybody wants them to be (above the poverty line). Keep in mind that if "the rich" really wanted a flat tax system, we'd have a flat tax system post haste because they're the ones that are really calling the shots right now but they don't want it which is the reason that we probably aren't ever going to get it.

Lastly just imagine what we could do without having to waste the billions of man hours that go into tax preparation & enforcement every year, if that labor actually went into something PRODUCTIVE.

While I don't agree that "the rich" prefer our current tax system or that they effectively write our tax laws, I do agree that a simplified system would free many hours for more productive work or leisure.

"The rich" - those earning over $450,000/yr (fewer than 2% of American households) - currently pay 46% of all personal income tax collected by the US Treasury.

Pretending our progressive tax system benefits "the rich" is disingenuous at best.

Pretending those who pay 46% of their income is unfair(?) is a half-truth as well as a lie of omission. Why, I'll let you answer:

Would you prefer to receive in Salary $1,000,000 and keep 54% of it, or to earn $50,000 and keep 85% of it?

Of course you would like to keep 85% of the million, and in short order we would make the transition from a democratic republic (or what's left of ours) into a pure plutocracy (which the current Supreme Court five member conservative majority has already paved the road for such a course).

Like a good lefty you insist we punish success ... probably the single most self-defeating function of leftism.

The point remains "the rich" pay most of the personal federal income tax in the US with the bottom 48% paying none of it.
Zippo. Zilch. Nada.
They get a free ride.

Let's not forget about all that slavery either.
Good times, for Rusty apparently.
Africans invented slavery... Nothing new there.

The federal government enslaved the Indian nations long after slavery was "over".
Just look at Indian reservations today... The res is full federal government slaves... The res Indians know the better vote for the progressives to keep their handouts coming in. I know as an adolescent I was part of the system.
Tell us, are you planning to take Social Security and Medicare when the times comes?
First of all neither are going to be around very much longer... The fiscal gap can't be sustained.
Second I am far to proud to take handouts... I built my future by capitalizing on federal government missteps(talk of gun control, the thinking that "green" energy is sustainable... Not, etc.)

I could retire tomorrow and not have an worry...

The next generation is really going to pay for the federal governments sins... I have daughters.
They are going to have to fight for their existence in a progressive government...

Embracing the suck

Ok, 1776.

Now we are no different than spineless Europe...
Okay, so you liked the US when it was still ruled by a King, or when it went to war against said King. Got it.
Na, not really they were defying a King, same problem we have today.

Sadly we have less people of courage now... We have lost.
Lesson for ya, don't push liberals too far, and your kind was in charge then BTW (most later fled to Canada).

Loyalist (American Revolution) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wiki... Accurate???

Your funny
Pick any source you like, the history is the same.
Wiki is written by progressives... It changes its mind by the day like Bruce Jenner.

Okay, so you liked the US when it was still ruled by a King, or when it went to war against said King. Got it.

Lesson for ya, don't push liberals too far, and your kind was in charge then BTW (most later fled to Canada).

Wiki... Accurate???

Your funny
Wiki is written by progressives... It changes its mind by the day like Bruce Jenner.

Then find a better source.

Wiki... Accurate???

Your funny
Once again, pick any source you like, the history is the same.

The federal government enslaved the Indian nations long after slavery was "over".
Just look at Indian reservations today... The res is full federal government slaves... The res Indians know the better vote for the progressives to keep their handouts coming in. I know as an adolescent I was part of the system.
Tell us, are you planning to take Social Security and Medicare when the times comes?
First of all neither are going to be around very much longer... The fiscal gap can't be sustained.
Second I am far to proud to take handouts... I built my future by capitalizing on federal government missteps(talk of gun control, the thinking that "green" energy is sustainable... Not, etc.)

Are you going on the dole or not, yes or no?

No reason too, as far as I'm concerned I have no right to it...
It will just make the problem worse for my kids.

Hashtag social programs are just stealing from the next generation

Works for me, more money for me. I gaveth, I taketh back, and then some if I live long enough...

How about another dose of 'Random Truths'?

Sure:

Expecting liberty in a nation run by Liberals is like expecting a milkshake made with lactose free milk.

A one question definition of the political divide: which is the greater threat, Radical Islam, or carbon emissions?

Wiki... Accurate???

Your funny
Indian history was never written... Word of mouth.

Anyway... No matter who you are it's a sad thing depending on the federal government for anything... It's just like any owing debt it's always a slave and slave owner relationship.

The real authority is the bible...

How about another dose of 'Random Truths'?

Sure:

Expecting liberty in a nation run by Liberals is like expecting a milkshake made with lactose free milk.

A one question definition of the political divide: which is the greater threat, Radical Islam, or carbon emissions?

No, In a nation run by liberals you actually get to know that the ingredients of your milkshake have been inspected and will not make you sick. You will also have a diverse choice of flavors (not just vanilla) and we can all sit at the same lunch counter together and drink your milkshake for you.

All this and you can still run from your previous Random Thoughts that you were owned on.

Works for me, more money for me. I gaveth, I taketh back, and then some if I live long enough...
In few years more people will be taking money out of social programs than putting it... How long can that work for??

And it's only getting worse we have turned into a really lazy country...
Just like progressives what us to be.

Hashtag following Europe's lead, we can't alway take till that runs out

Wiki... Accurate???

Your funny

Anyway... No matter who you are it's a sad thing depending on the federal government for anything... It's just like any owing debt it's always a slave and slave owner relationship.

So corporations and capitalists, not to mention nations, should not go into debt?

In few years more people will be taking money out of social programs than putting it... How long can that work for??
Since the Feds can print money, borrow money, and raise taxes, a very long time. And SS can be ended as it began, with the stroke of a pen.

Last edited:
Wiki... Accurate???

Your funny

So corporations and capitalists, not to mention nations, should not go into debt?
It's alway best not to...

I am 100% debt free, have been for years... Feels great.

Really, really easy to do... Don't spend more that you make. Simplest of arithmetic.

The world would be a far better place with no debt...

Anyway I am off... Will be back.

Remember buy more guns and ammunition

Really, really easy to do... Don't spend more that you make. Simplest of arithmetic.

The world as it is would not exist without debt. That's what built, and has saved it, such as it is.

Since the Feds can print money, borrow money, and raise taxes, a very long time. And SS can be ended as it began, with a stroke of a pen.
You rest your future on that... I will rest mine Christian debt free living and not depending on the man...

Embrace the suck

The world as it is would not exist without debt. That's what built, and has saved it, such as it is.
Now I have heard everything... Debt has saved the world.

Your a funny guy

Gotta go it's been fun... Will be back

Forum List

Back