Rational Americans vs Democrats (Tax Cut Edition)

When I think about the tax cuts I think about how much it will help my children who are just starting out on their path in life. The child tax credit doubling will help my daughter tremendously. She may have options for paying off some of her student loans or using the extra money to take even more classes.
The 20 to 40 bucks she saves on her taxes each week will fill her gas tank relieving her of that burden or help her reduce her child care costs.

When the left thinks about tax cuts they think about everyone but their family & Friends. They would leave their own out on the street if it ment knocking the rich man down a peg or two.

This is the image YOU give with your constant bitching about the tax cuts.

Do you not give a shit about adding a minimum of 1.5 trillion to the debt that she or her kids will have to deal with?

It’s not adding $1.5 Trillion. The FY18 budget is $4 trillion with $3.6 trillion estimated tax revenue. There is a deficit of $440 billion. Not even close to “$1.5 trillion” being parroted by mindless liberals.

I’m all for cutting spending on the Department of Education and the EPA to help bring that down. Are you?

I am for getting rid of the Dept of Ed totally. I am also for cutting spending on every single part of the government to include the military...are you?
Ten percent across the board. How about it?

However, it won't be enough, hardly even a good start.

Let's also throw in baseline budgeting. Axe it completely and make every department justify their budget each year.
a general 10% is ignorant

some can't absorb that much and other could be cut by FAR more, many could be closed.
Hmm..

You have no understanding on the concept of an opening gambit?

A 10% cut across the board, regardless of personal feelings. Also, doing away with baseline budgeting forever.

Anyone remember what GW Bush said to defend his tax cut proposals, when at the time we had an annual budget surplus.

He said the surplus was proof that Americans were paying too much in taxes.

Here's the problem with that: Running surpluses is the ONLY way you can pay down the debt.

Do you not give a shit about adding a minimum of 1.5 trillion to the debt that she or her kids will have to deal with?

It’s not adding $1.5 Trillion. The FY18 budget is $4 trillion with $3.6 trillion estimated tax revenue. There is a deficit of $440 billion. Not even close to “$1.5 trillion” being parroted by mindless liberals.

I’m all for cutting spending on the Department of Education and the EPA to help bring that down. Are you?

I am for getting rid of the Dept of Ed totally. I am also for cutting spending on every single part of the government to include the military...are you?

Let's also throw in baseline budgeting. Axe it completely and make every department justify their budget each year.

some can't absorb that much and other could be cut by FAR more, many could be closed.
Hmm..

A 10% cut across the board, regardless of personal feelings. Also, doing away with baseline budgeting forever.
Our military is at war.

You seriously going to make cuts to the military now?

ignorance is not bliss

Very true. Across the board cuts without thought are counterproductive
So, you're not interested. You are for cutting budgets, but only if you get a say on what programs and what departments.

That puts you in the same category as the Democrats.

Hmm..

Our military is at war.

ignorance is not bliss
Our Military could easily recoup the costs by cutting fraud, waste, and abuse.

If you want to get serious about the national debt....first you have to balance the budget. That is pretty easy to do. Freeze all Federal spending. No increases for the next 3 years. No COLA. Nothing. Every department, every program. Period. The budget is balanced in less than 3 years.

-and at the same time-

Eliminate all Foreign Aid- 100% cut. Sorry.
Cut Defense Spending by 10%. There is so much fat here...it will be easy.
Gradually raise the retirement age (for Social Security) to 70 (early retirement at 65).
Block grant Medicaid to the States.
Pass a balanced Budget Amendment to the COTUS.

Until they take steps like these, we only have one alternative, STARVE THE BEAST.

What's rational about knowingly adding over a trillion to deficits for years to come for the sake of a tax cut that isn't needed?
why do you care about the debt going up?

I know for a fact you didn't give one damn about the $20 Trillion obama added.

20, huh?

Do not confuse him with actual facts,
It's one thing to be rich when you get elected.....quite another to make yourself rich while earning a Congressional wage.
How does one become a multi-millionaire living in Washington D.C. on only $175k/yr?

Nope.

1.5 trillion dollars in debt to give rich people THOUSANDS of dollars in cuts.

That is what we don't like.

Your kids have temporary cuts that will be wiped out by increased health care costs.
the hc costs went through the roof, obama, illegally, used tax money and paid off the hc companies to keep the costs low.

we told you they would go up and we were right.

now they have to compete again, so they will not rocket.

You are incorrect.
that's what you claimed last time, and I was right, everyone on the right was right.

Nope. The rate of increase for 95% of Amwricans with insurance was lower than before the ACA. Therefore, it grew in popularity.

Next lie.
like I said, obama used tax money to unconstitutionally keep it low.

you know this, and keep lying.

party before country

I know no such thing. Obama PAID FOR the ACA. That is the way it works.

If you want to get serious about the national debt....first you have to balance the budget. That is pretty easy to do. Freeze all Federal spending. No increases for the next 3 years. No COLA. Nothing. Every department, every program. Period. The budget is balanced in less than 3 years.

-and at the same time-

Gradually raise the retirement age (for Social Security) to 70 (early retirement at 65).

Until they take steps like these, we only have one alternative, STARVE THE BEAST.
I don't really like the age thing for Social Security, but the rest is okay.

I still would eliminate the baseline budgeting law. Force every department to justify their budgets.

-and at the same time-

They could cut Defense spending 20% just by removing every regulation Obama put in place.

What's rational about knowingly adding over a trillion to deficits for years to come for the sake of a tax cut that isn't needed?

20, huh?

It's one thing to be rich when you get elected.....quite another to make yourself rich while earning a Congressional wage.
How does one become a multi-millionaire living in Washington D.C. on only $175k/yr?

It is the legal system of bribery we have that is called lobbying.

Hmm..

Our military is at war.

ignorance is not bliss
Our Military could easily recoup the costs by cutting fraud, waste, and abuse.
last time there were cuts the Vets took it in the ass.

you want to fuck over our bravest?

again?

When I think about the tax cuts I think about how much it will help my children who are just starting out on their path in life. The child tax credit doubling will help my daughter tremendously. She may have options for paying off some of her student loans or using the extra money to take even more classes.
The 20 to 40 bucks she saves on her taxes each week will fill her gas tank relieving her of that burden or help her reduce her child care costs.

When the left thinks about tax cuts they think about everyone but their family & Friends. They would leave their own out on the street if it ment knocking the rich man down a peg or two.

Some of the richest in Congress are Democrats.
It's just a line of BS they've been using for 40 years.
It seems to work on the peasants.

Top 20 richest in Congress, seems a pretty even split. Though the top three sort of blow the rest out of the water and are all Repubs

View attachment 167625
How many of them got rich while in Congress, not before they were elected?
Bet you don't have a statistic for that.

Who cares?

Hmm..

Our military is at war.

ignorance is not bliss

We are not at war.

All opinion. Nothing more. When has the CBO ever been right?

Nope, the CBO has never been right, but they are also pretty much never guess low. If they say something it going to add X amount to the deficit you can be sure that is the low ball guess and that it will be worse than that.

The problem isn't not enough taxes. The problem is too much spending. Guess who is responsible for that?

Every time the Republicans cut taxes without matching those cuts with spending cuts, they are responsible,

and they've been doing that for decades.

Scuze moi, but the Dems have been a major factor in the lack of spending cuts as well.

The debt/deficit consequences of having a Democrat as president are well documented as much better than when a Republican holds that office.
George W Bush
Entered: NO deficit
Left: Over a trillion dollar deficit.

That is what you fuckhead Republicans give us.

Obama: Entered 1.5Trillion deficit.
Left: Less than half.

A Democrat cleaning up the Republican mess.

So why don't you get off your fat ignorant ass & learn the truth.

Hmm..

Our military is at war.

ignorance is not bliss

We are not at war.
uhm

wut

Wow, so all those people fighting and dying over in the ME will be stoked to hear that.

20, huh?

Bribery isn't legal.
Every time Obama moves into a new multi-million dollar estate that belongs to some billionaire....that's called taking a bribe.
The president of Brazil got caught doing exactly that, and he was booted out of office and currently is on trial for corruption.

Last edited:

Hmm..

Our military is at war.

ignorance is not bliss

We are not at war.
uhm

wut

Wow, so all those people fighting and dying over in the ME will be stoked to hear that.

Trust me, most know we are not at war. They understand they are being used as pawns in a political drama. The answer is not to keep adding money and sending more troops to the meat grinder. They all need to come home. How many more lives are you willing to sacrifice for nothing?

I am also willing to bet you have never bothered to sign on the dotted line and put your life where you mouth is.

20, huh?

Bribery isn't legal.
Every time Obama moves into a new multi-million dollar estate that belongs to some billionaire....that's call taking a bribe.
The president of Brazil got caught doing exactly that, and he was booted out of office and currently is on trial for corruption.

There are many forms of bribery that are legal in this country ,we just give them code names like "campaign donations" or "lobbying" to make them sound better

Some of the richest in Congress are Democrats.
It's just a line of BS they've been using for 40 years.
It seems to work on the peasants.

Top 20 richest in Congress, seems a pretty even split. Though the top three sort of blow the rest out of the water and are all Repubs

View attachment 167625

LIke all MSM lists etc. You can't trust it. Diane Crimescene added 100s' of millions GOVT dollars thru her husband.....the list does not include, 2 yrs back. Don't beleive it.

Though Blum has taken pains to deny it, reports say he's worth at least $1 billion. According to a recent Roll Call survey, Feinstein's net worth is $45.3 million, which puts her in the top tier of wealthy Washington lawmakers.Jul 16, 2015

Forum List

Back