Reagan & Conservatives -- Revisonist History 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
[

You know what's sad? You know so little about history everywhere...and yet you're here on this board holding forth like you do!

What ignorant people like you don't realize is that at first the US supported the Cuban revolutionaries. We had a ban on weapons sales to the Battista regime and were one of the first countries to recognize the new government in Havana following the takeover. The truth is it wasn't until Castro nationalized the assets of private companies and imposed a heavy tax on all US imports that the US responded by imposing trade restrictions on Cuba. I emphasize...that was a RESPONSE to the actions of the Castro regime! It wasn't something that was imposed because Castro overthrew Battista.

Dude, I have a degree in history from the university of Illinois. Now, mind you, it isn't one of those that teaching about talking snakes in Science Class, but it is what it is.

So let's get this straight. 75% of the arable land in Cuba was owned by foreign corporations, and the FIRST THING Castro did was give those back to the Cuban people. EEEEEEK, Communism.

Oh, yeah, and he imposed a tarriff on American goods to raise revenues. Again, can't see why that's a problem, exactly. We need to do that to protect our industries, but never mind.

Let's be honest about where it really all went south. Castro decided, "FUck you, I'm a communist!" and the US Reponse was to arm the asshole he had thrown out and try a counter-coup at the Bay of Pigs, where the Exiles PROMPTLY GOT THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM. At that point, Castro threw in with the USSR and let them set up missiles.

Now, after we thankfully stepped back from WWIII over our inability to admit that we fucked up, we decided that we were going to keep punishing Cuba economically. And then the USSR fell, but the asshole exile community got itself some political power, so we are STILL punishing Cuba.
Now I call bullshit! I doubt you even made it to high school.

Dude, I have a degree in history from the university of Illinois. Now, mind you, it isn't one of those that teaching about talking snakes in Science Class, but it is what it is.
Now that is funny! Anybody so patently stupid cannot have achieved anything more than high school, and that is allowing for Chicago public schooling.

Says the guy who is boxing up those mail-order brides for shipment.

Under Batista Cuba was a nightmare for most Cubans.

After all, That is WHY Fidel won.

Immediately following the revolution after Fidel declared his revolution communist, and after he started nationalizing American CORPORATE holdings, Fidel went (in terms of MSM public opinion) from an HEROIC LIBERATOR OF HIS PEOPLE to a communist dictator.

And yes, America conducted a war of TERRORISM against the Cuba people and government.

And make no mistake about it, CUBA is still being made to suffer for nationalizing former American Corporate holdings in Cuba.

But Communism still fails to motivate people to strive to do their best, and the communist insiders are no less parasitic than our own BANKSTER CLASS of parasites who are sucking the life out of our nation.

Last edited:
[

You know what's sad? You know so little about history everywhere...and yet you're here on this board holding forth like you do!

What ignorant people like you don't realize is that at first the US supported the Cuban revolutionaries. We had a ban on weapons sales to the Battista regime and were one of the first countries to recognize the new government in Havana following the takeover. The truth is it wasn't until Castro nationalized the assets of private companies and imposed a heavy tax on all US imports that the US responded by imposing trade restrictions on Cuba. I emphasize...that was a RESPONSE to the actions of the Castro regime! It wasn't something that was imposed because Castro overthrew Battista.

So let's get this straight. 75% of the arable land in Cuba was owned by foreign corporations, and the FIRST THING Castro did was give those back to the Cuban people. EEEEEEK, Communism.

Oh, yeah, and he imposed a tarriff on American goods to raise revenues. Again, can't see why that's a problem, exactly. We need to do that to protect our industries, but never mind.

Let's be honest about where it really all went south. Castro decided, "FUck you, I'm a communist!" and the US Reponse was to arm the asshole he had thrown out and try a counter-coup at the Bay of Pigs, where the Exiles PROMPTLY GOT THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM. At that point, Castro threw in with the USSR and let them set up missiles.

Now, after we thankfully stepped back from WWIII over our inability to admit that we fucked up, we decided that we were going to keep punishing Cuba economically. And then the USSR fell, but the asshole exile community got itself some political power, so we are STILL punishing Cuba.

Jesus, Joe...you have a degree in history? I'm sorry but I find that shocking considering your lack of knowledge about the subjects being discussed.

Under Batista Cuba was a nightmare for most Cubans.

After all, That is WHY Fidel won.

Immediately following the revolution after Fidel declared his revolution communist, and after he started nationalizing American CORPORATE holdings, Fidel went (in terms of MSM public opinion) from an HEROIC LIBERATOR OF HIS PEOPLE to a communist dictator.

And yes, America conducted a war of TERRORISM against the Cuba people and government.

And make no mistake about it, CUBA is still being made to suffer for nationalizing former American Corporate holdings in Cuba.

But Communism still fails to motivate people to strive to do their best, and the communist insiders are no less parasitic than our own BANKSTER CLASS of parasites who are sucking the life out of our nation.

Oh for God's sake, Ed...the reason that Cuba is STILL being hit with sanctions isn't only because Castro nationalized Corporate holdings in Cuba! There's things like Cuba sending troops to multiple conflicts in Africa and Central America to "internationalize" communism. It's things like Castro shooting down two civilian planes for doing nothing more than trying to locate and rescue Cuban's attempting to escape from Cuba. Or emptying their prisons and mental hospitals to sabotage the Mariel boat lift. It's Castro imprisoning anyone who posed a threat to "his" rule of Cuba. Fidel Castro is a dictator. He had been since he refused to allow real elections to take place way back in the early 60's and he has continued to be so. As bad as you think things were under Batista...and they were bad...they haven't been much better for the Cuban people under communism. The level of poverty in Cuba following the demise of the Soviet Union was appalling. The people were literally eating cats off the street to survive.

[

Oh for God's sake, Ed...the reason that Cuba is STILL being hit with sanctions isn't only because Castro nationalized Corporate holdings in Cuba! There's things like Cuba sending troops to multiple conflicts in Africa and Central America to "internationalize" communism. It's things like Castro shooting down two civilian planes for doing nothing more than trying to locate and rescue Cuban's attempting to escape from Cuba. Or emptying their prisons and mental hospitals to sabotage the Mariel boat lift. It's Castro imprisoning anyone who posed a threat to "his" rule of Cuba. Fidel Castro is a dictator. He had been since he refused to allow real elections to take place way back in the early 60's and he has continued to be so. As bad as you think things were under Batista...and they were bad...they haven't been much better for the Cuban people under communism. The level of poverty in Cuba following the demise of the Soviet Union was appalling. The people were literally eating cats off the street to survive.

Hey, guy, what do you think if Al Qaeda flew some planes over the US right now, spreading Islamist propaganda? You don't think they'd do the same thing Castro did to those exile assholes?

We are still hitting Cuba with inhumane sanctions because the Douchebags in Florida have all our politicians pissing themselves.

[

Hey, guy, what do you think if Al Qaeda flew some planes over the US right now, spreading Islamist propaganda? You don't think they'd do the same thing Castro did to those exile assholes?

We are still hitting Cuba with inhumane sanctions because the Douchebags in Florida have all our politicians pissing themselves.

Those two planes Castro shot down were flying over international waters looking for Cubans on rafts escaping your "workers paradise", Joe! How THAT equates with Islamic terrorists over American is a stretch even for you.

[q

Jesus, Joe...you have a degree in history? I'm sorry but I find that shocking considering your lack of knowledge about the subjects being discussed.

What I find shocking is you think regurgitating cold war propaganda is an intellectual argument.

Dismissed.

We're having an intellectual argument, Joe? Gee, I thought you were spouting left wing talking points about the joys of Cuban communism...and I was pointing out the glaring fallacies in your contentions since I've actually visited Cuba and know something about the country and the conditions there.

Dismissed? LOL Really?

[

Those two planes Castro shot down were flying over international waters looking for Cubans on rafts escaping your "workers paradise", Joe! How THAT equates with Islamic terrorists over American is a stretch even for you.

yeah, somehow, I don't think we'd wait for Al Qaeda planes to enter our airspace at this point.

Frankly, if we stopped offering Cubans incentives to get into leaky rafts, they'd stop doing it.

When Clinton imposed the "Wet Feet/Dry Feet" rule, guess what, that sort of thing dropped off quickly and Bush-43 didn't change it.

[q

What I find shocking is you think regurgitating cold war propaganda is an intellectual argument.

Dismissed.

We're having an intellectual argument, Joe? Gee, I thought you were spouting left wing talking points about the joys of Cuban communism...and I was pointing out the glaring fallacies in your contentions since I've actually visited Cuba and know something about the country and the conditions there.

Dismissed? LOL Really?

I'm having an intellectual argument. You are regurgitating whatever shit you've heard from anti-Communist websites.

Not that I believe you'd ever actually visit Cuba. Seriously, how'd you get in if it's a Communist prison?

Dismissed.

Dismissed? LOL Really?

I'm having an intellectual argument. You are regurgitating whatever shit you've heard from anti-Communist websites.

Not that I believe you'd ever actually visit Cuba. Seriously, how'd you get in if it's a Communist prison?
Foreigners getting in to communist countries hasn't been that
difficult. Natives leaving worker's paradises was a bitch though, hence your beloved wall.

Dismissed? LOL Really?

difficult. Natives leaving worker's paradises was a bitch though, hence your beloved wall.

Yawn, guy, getting kind of bored with you guys reliving the Cold War.

I guess it was the only time anyone ever took the far right seriously.

The Cold War is over, except in your embattled brain. You lost, get over it!

The Cold War is over, except in your embattled brain. You lost, get over it!

Actually, both sides lost.

America is 16 trillion in debt with a busted middle class. I'm still not seeing that as "Winning".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back