Rebekah Brooks Cleared of All Charges, Andy Coulson Found Guilty

[MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION] Let's do it then! If we launch the reform movement ourselves,
we will be the FIRST to know when and where it succeeds to start changes at what level.

I never followed up on that thread where you and others mentioned
campaign reform. Can we formulate a campaign to "out" the legal system and political process as "unconstitutional' unless it equally includes and protects interests on ALL sides of conflict in a solution that satisfies all parties and grievances, instead of taking one side and overruling or excluding the others by majority rule or by judicial ruling.

I will go back to that thread, and bring that up as a focus of reform.
Since it is off topic here, can we recycle that thread and brainstorm ideas
for an outreach campaign to end corruption of the legal and legislative systems
to push onesided agenda instead of orchestrating policies and programs that
all the public, all parties, agree represents the best solutions that include everyone's views.
You're an interesting one [MENTION=22295]emilynghiem[/MENTION]

I don't know how possible or realistic that is.

:)

[MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION]
Reminds me of a parallel with the church corruption that instigated the Reformation.

With the Catholic church, it was priests selling "indulgences"
so people could "buy their way out of sins"

With the secular govt, it is lawyers selling the Fifth Amendment and plea deals
so people can "buy their way out of crimes"

When we will reform the legal and govt system, to get rid of conflicts of interest,
the same way the church authority has been too easily abused and left unchecked?
The majority of religions sell some sort of key to nirvana,
BBC - History - The English Reformation

[MENTION=48922]I.P.Freely[/MENTION]
And don't Political Parties also sell and collect funds
to support their people and politics, claiming that is
going to save the people? by relying on them,
so cough up the dough, the votes,
your brain that only focuses on what they promote?

How is this different, exception religions are optional to follow
but laws pushed by politicians become mandatory?
isn't that MORE Dangerous to play with MANDATORY
laws representing interests/beliefs that are "bought and sold" for political profit?
no political party I know claims to absolve sins, so the sinner can achieve heaven for a donation.Hell is promised as the other option:badgrin:
Laws are the Democratic will of the people.
Religion has always been a whore who bends over to give absolution.

I fully understand your secular society, What are the taxation rules for religious institutions in the US.

ps when Dubya was interviewed by BBC news he was asked if he asked his father for help with Iraq, Dubya looked to the ceiling and said. No I asked a higher father for help.:badgrin:

If a religious organization is a non-profit organization then it is tax exempt. This is not limited to religious organizations. Any organization which engages in some sort of community service without seeking profit is tax exempt. For example, in my town there is a little club which is a non profit organization. The objective of this club is to raise awareness about usefulness of trains. This organization too is tax exempt.

George Bush is a Christian but he never imposed his view on me. Obama is not imposing his religious views on me either. We are all free to practice whatever religion want. Sate has no part of it.

Last edited:
I fully understand your secular society, What are the taxation rules for religious institutions in the US.

ps when Dubya was interviewed by BBC news he was asked if he asked his father for help with Iraq, Dubya looked to the ceiling and said. No I asked a higher father for help.:badgrin:

If a religious organization is a non-profit organization then it is tax exempt. This is not limited to religious organizations. Any organization which engages in some sort of community service without seeking profit is tax exempt. For example, in my town there is a little club which is a non profit organization. The objective of this club is to raise awareness about usefulness of trains. This organization too is tax exempt.

George Bush is a Christian but he never imposed his view on me. Obama is not imposing his religious views on me either. We are all free to practice whatever religion want. Sate has no part of it.
Thank you, so the catholic church that has payed many millions$ to children its employees abused never paid tax on those funds?

Forum List

Back