Recording of trump pressuring Wayne County repubs not to certify 2020 election surfaces.

the only reason in most States this can happen is as a check against fraud.

It's why the legislature has to certify the elections.
Bullshit.

According to Trump and his junta of wanna be authoritarian lawyers, the state legislature can do it for any reason they want because they believe in the independent state legislature interpretation of the constitution.

The state legislature doesn’t certify the election.

You should at least try to think for yourself before guzzling down the bullshit the right wing media feeds you.

Bullshit.

According to Trump and his junta of wanna be authoritarian lawyers, the state legislature can do it for any reason they want because they believe in the independent state legislature interpretation of the constitution.

The state legislature doesn’t certify the election.

You should at least try to think for yourself before guzzling down the bullshit the right wing media feeds you.

It depends on the State's Constitution.

The legislature of each State is also mandated by the Constitution to set the method of elector selection, usually limited to the all or nothing method, or the 2 state-wide EV's plus Congressional District Method.

It depends on the State's Constitution.

The legislature of each State is also mandated by the Constitution to set the method of elector selection, usually limited to the all or nothing method, or the 2 state-wide EV's plus Congressional District Method.
Bullshit. You pulled that out of your ass.

Trump’s favored independent state legislature theory believed the constitution let’s the state legislature do anything they want with the electors, including appointing new electors just because they wanted Trump to win.

Which is exactly what Trump tried to get them to do.

Bullshit. You pulled that out of your ass.

Trump’s favored independent state legislature theory believed the constitution let’s the state legislature do anything they want with the electors, including appointing new electors just because they wanted Trump to win.

Which is exactly what Trump tried to get them to do.

Not anything they want, what they are allowed to do as per their own Constitutions.

Not anything they want, what they are allowed to do as per their own Constitutions.
Their own constitutions can’t override the US Constitution, so the independent state legislature theory said anything they want.

Thats what Trump was trying to tell them to get them to give him the election.

Their own constitutions can’t override the US Constitution, so the independent state legislature theory said anything they want.

Thats what Trump was trying to tell them to get them to give him the election.

Their own Constitution can dictate how they setup electors and certify them.

Their own Constitution can dictate how they setup electors and certify them.
Why do you make me repeat myself? Do you just not listen?

The state constitution cannot conflict with the US constitution.

But this is irrelevant because states like Pennsylvania and Arizona where Trump tried to make this argument, the state constitution doesn't say shit about what you're claiming, because youre just pulling this out of your ass.

Why do you make me repeat myself? Do you just not listen?

The state constitution cannot conflict with the US constitution.

But this is irrelevant because states like Pennsylvania and Arizona where Trump tried to make this argument, the state constitution doesn't say shit about what you're claiming, because youre just pulling this out of your ass.

The US Constitution tells the State legislature to figure out how to setup their elections.

Then he fought the legal fight, and he lost the legal fight. Nothing illegal about that.

The US Constitution tells the State legislature to figure out how to setup their elections.

Then he fought the legal fight, and he lost the legal fight. Nothing illegal about that.
And according to Trump, that means the State legislature can do whatever they want, including changing the electors for Trump after the election because he wanted to win.

Which would take away the vote of everyone in the state.

That's not a legal fight. There aren't courts. There isn't due process. There isn't a hearing. There isn't recourse for the disenfranchised.

It's just corruption.

Last edited:
And according to Trump, that means the State legislature can do whatever they want, including changing the electors for Trump after the election because he wanted to win.

Which would take away the vote of everyone in the state.

That's not a legal fight. There aren't courts. There isn't due process. There isn't a hearing. There isn't recourse for the disenfranchised.

It's just corruption.

Considering the electors can change their votes as well, and the legislators are voted on by the people in the State as well, I don't see your complaint here, especially if it is to fix a fraudulent election.

Considering the electors can change their votes as well, and the legislators are voted on by the people in the State as well, I don't see your complaint here, especially if it is to fix a fraudulent election.
I complain about the elector system all the goddamn time. Most states require the electors to vote for the winner of the vote and I have never complained about those laws.

You keep pretending that you’re fixing a fraudulent election, but all you’re doing is corrupting the system to win. You can’t show fraud, by your own admission, you just feel that there was fraud.

So again, what’s the point of voting if Republicans can just change the outcome because they feel like they won?

I complain about the elector system all the goddamn time. Most states require the electors to vote for the winner of the vote and I have never complained about those laws.

You keep pretending that you’re fixing a fraudulent election, but all you’re doing is corrupting the system to win. You can’t show fraud, by your own admission, you just feel that there was fraud.

So again, what’s the point of voting if Republicans can just change the outcome because they feel like they won?

I am fixing on the cheating Dems are suspected of doing in 2020.

Forum List

Back