Red Hen closed until July 5

You are correct. That is a little known fact about these bakers. They didn't refuse service and would have sold them anything. They just didn't want to personalize a cake that goes against their religion.

Yes he did refuse service and yes he refused to sell them a product normally sold by the store. A wedding cake. There was no discussion of "rationalization" of the cake. As soon as Mr. Phillips determined that the couple was gay he refused service.

>>>>

Ah, so we see rightist are playing the part of the gay cake buyer, and don’t like the part of being denied service at a business, I cry fake tears an my heart pumps red koolaid for your hypocrites, enjoy eating yer crow.

No crow the be eaten. The dump, also known as the Red Hen VA, will be closed and losing business for more than week now. The restaurant reviews are in the toilet. The owner was forced to resign from her community board and her picture is plastered all over the internet with the description "bigot" attached to it. I guaran-damn-tee you she wishes she had just taken Sarah Sanders order.

You are correct. That is a little known fact about these bakers. They didn't refuse service and would have sold them anything. They just didn't want to personalize a cake that goes against their religion.

Yes he did refuse service and yes he refused to sell them a product normally sold by the store. A wedding cake. There was no discussion of "rationalization" of the cake. As soon as Mr. Phillips determined that the couple was gay he refused service.

>>>>

Oh I agree the baker should have just personalized the cake. But it is a fact that he would have sold them other items and he didn't kick them out. But yes, he refused service once they requested a personalized cake. It's bad (and wrong IMO), but I still think the Red Hen is worse, especially knowing the owner followed Sanders out and continued to harass.

IMO, no outwardly facing public business should refuse service for any reason.

It is comforting to know that all those employees are now on unpaid holiday. Unless Meryl Streep wants to gift them a salary.

I would have paid good money to see the looks on those loons' faces when they were informed they'd be without a paycheck for a while.

I can imagine how their next job interview will go:

Entrepreneur: "Hi, I'm Frank. What's your name?"

Loon: "Moonbeam".

Entrepreneur: Thanks for coming by. No resume I see. Do you have experience in the food service industry?"

Loon: "Yeah". (Scratches armpit).

Entrepreneur: "What motivated you to leave your last restaurant?"

Loon: "Fascist Pigs put it out of business."

Entrepreneur: "I see. What Fascist Pigs would you be referring to?"

Loon: "The ones ordering food in the dining area."

Entrepreneur: "The customers? The paying customers?"

Loon: "Yeah man, but we ran them out. Right out of the restaurant and across the street. We really showed them."

Entrepreneur: "I see you did. Well. Thank you so much for coming by. With your experience and dedication to quality service, you'll no doubt find a satisfying position soon."

iu

Last edited:
Yes he did refuse service and yes he refused to sell them a product normally sold by the store. A wedding cake.

>>>>

The customer didn't want a wedding cake , they wanted a Gay Wedding Cake because he wanted to celebrate a Gay Wedding, not a wedding at all.

>>>>

I love the justification of legally forcing an artist to create art. And which side is acting like Nazi's?

Ah, so we see rightist are playing the part of the gay cake buyer, and don’t like the part of being denied service at a business, I cry fake tears an my heart pumps red koolaid for your hypocrites, enjoy eating yer crow.

No crow the be eaten. The dump, also known as the Red Hen VA, will be closed and losing business for more than week now. The restaurant reviews are in the toilet. The owner was forced to resign from her community board and her picture is plastered all over the internet with the description "bigot" attached to it. I guaran-damn-tee you she wishes she had just taken Sarah Sanders order.
Just like the bakers...?

>>>>

I love the justification of legally forcing an artist to create art. And which side is acting like Nazi's?
None are acting like Nazis just spoiled brats that need a spanking.

Yes he did refuse service and yes he refused to sell them a product normally sold by the store. A wedding cake.

>>>>

The customer didn't want a wedding cake , they wanted a Gay Wedding Cake because he wanted to celebrate a Gay Wedding, not a wedding at all.

Correct, and if it were two Straight Men or two Straight Women wanting a same sex wedding cake, he would have denied service to them as well. You don't get more consistent than that.

Just like the bakers...?

Read my post above. I've always maintained the bakers were wrong. IMO any business should not be able to deny service for any reason.

>>>>

The court has sided with him. So much for your arguments, right?

Looks like the Red Hen has put Lexington on the map.

Actions have consequences, seems like the restaurant will lose money and the workers will lose money and Sanders went home the rest of the group ate that evening and probably left a pretty good tip for the workers.

Get Woke - Go Broke!

Just like the bakers...?

Read my post above. I've always maintained the bakers were wrong. IMO any business should not be able to deny service for any reason.
Oh well

Oh I agree the baker should have just personalized the cake. But it is a fact that he would have sold them other items and he didn't kick them out. But yes, he refused service once they requested a personalized cake. It's bad (and wrong IMO), but I still think the Red Hen is worse, especially knowing the owner followed Sanders out and continued to harass.

You are still misstating a falsehood. According to Mr. Phillips (as attested to in court documents) there was never any discussion of design or "personalization". As soon as he found out the customers were gay he refused service.

The fact that he would have sold them other items isn't relative, the Colorado statute (as with most PA laws) requires "full and equal" access to "goods and services" not full access for some people but only a sub-set of access for other people.

.>>>>

You are still misstating a falsehood. According to Mr. Phillips (as attested to in court documents) there was never any discussion of design or "personalization". As soon as he found out the customers were gay he refused service.

The fact that he would have sold them other items isn't relative, the Colorado statute (as with most PA laws) requires "full and equal" access to "goods and services" not full access for some people but only a sub-set of access for other people.

.>>>>

You're splitting hairs. I pretty much said that when I wrote, "But yes, he refused service once they requested a personalized cake.". The baker was wrong, but IMO there is a difference between blanket denial of service (Red Hen) and the baker who refused a personalized cake.

Just like the bakers...?

In my capitalistic penny-pinching mind, it's a sin to turn down any monies for services rendered...or to be rendered...

Probably thinks she will get the Wendy Davis Treatment, like a nice 'do nothing but give BJ's to donors and Senators' types of jobs at DNC HQ or something.
She’ll have to wait in line behind you

That's the dream job of you deviants and degenerates, of course, so naturally you think everybody wants one of those. You beleive good ole Wendy's doing some Big Important Job, do you?
No, I just know you’re a pleaser. Get to work, boy

Forum List

Back