Regurgitating the Apple: How Modern Liberals "Think"

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Enjoy, a very good expose on how liberals "think."

I tell a story. It's not a true story, but it helps crystallize my thinking that brought me to become a conservative. I say: Imagine being in a restaurant with an old friend, and you're catching up, and suddenly he blurts out, "I hate my wife." You chuckle to yourself because he says it every time you're together, and you know he doesn't hate his wife; they've been together for 35 years. He loves his daughters, and they're just like her. No, he doesn't hate his wife.

So you're having dinner, and you look out the window and spot his wife, and she's being beaten up right outside the restaurant. You grab your friend and say, "Come on, let's help her. Let's help your wife," and he says, "Nah, I'm sure she deserves it." At that moment, it dawns on you: He really does hate his wife.

That's what 9/11 was to me. For years and years I'd hear my friends from the Left say how evil and horrible and racist and imperialistic and oppressive America is, and I'd chuckle to myself and think, "Oh, they always say that; they love America." Then on 9/11, we were beaten up, and when I grabbed them by the collar, and I said, "Come on, let's help her. Let's help America," and they said, "Nah, she deserves it."

At that moment, I realized: They really do hate America. And that began me on what's now a five-plus-year quest to try to understand the mindset. How could you possibly live in the freest nation in the history of the world and see only oppression? How could you live in the least imperialist power in human history and see us as the ultimate in imperialism? How could you live in the least bigoted nation in human history and, as Joe Biden said, "see racism lurking in every dark shadow"?

I feel pretty down on quite a bit of modern liberal social views, but they're very much right about the economic side.

Enjoy, a very good expose on how liberals "think."

I tell a story. It's not a true story, but it helps crystallize my thinking that brought me to become a conservative. I say: Imagine being in a restaurant with an old friend, and you're catching up, and suddenly he blurts out, "I hate my wife." You chuckle to yourself because he says it every time you're together, and you know he doesn't hate his wife; they've been together for 35 years. He loves his daughters, and they're just like her. No, he doesn't hate his wife.

So you're having dinner, and you look out the window and spot his wife, and she's being beaten up right outside the restaurant. You grab your friend and say, "Come on, let's help her. Let's help your wife," and he says, "Nah, I'm sure she deserves it." At that moment, it dawns on you: He really does hate his wife.

That's what 9/11 was to me. For years and years I'd hear my friends from the Left say how evil and horrible and racist and imperialistic and oppressive America is, and I'd chuckle to myself and think, "Oh, they always say that; they love America." Then on 9/11, we were beaten up, and when I grabbed them by the collar, and I said, "Come on, let's help her. Let's help America," and they said, "Nah, she deserves it."

At that moment, I realized: They really do hate America. And that began me on what's now a five-plus-year quest to try to understand the mindset. How could you possibly live in the freest nation in the history of the world and see only oppression? How could you live in the least imperialist power in human history and see us as the ultimate in imperialism? How could you live in the least bigoted nation in human history and, as Joe Biden said, "see racism lurking in every dark shadow"?
I would just have you remember the fact that there is a difference between liberals and the Regressive Left, which is the left-most element of the party.

Behind every liberal's thinking is the perception of an injustice that has been experienced personally or by others. Due to an inability to overcome these injustices, a resentment is built up which blames all of life's ills on the existing structure. Exposing this raw emotional nerve causes the types of irrational responses we often see in this forum.

I feel pretty down on quite a bit of modern liberal social views, but they're very much right about the economic side.

Holy shit dude if there's one area liberals have their heads stuck way up their ass its the economy.

Behind every liberal's thinking is the perception of an injustice that has been experienced personally or by others. Due to an inability to overcome these injustices, a resentment is built up which blames all of life's ills on the existing structure. Exposing this raw emotional nerve causes the types of irrational responses we often see in this forum.
Most of the raw emotional nerves on this board seem to come from the right. Are you saying board conservatives are unrepresentative? I certainly hope so, because I've never seen so much hypocrisy and crocodile tears from the right since 9/11, over the last couple of weeks.

Holy shit dude if there's one area liberals have their heads stuck way up their ass its the economy.

So you believe deregulating our entire economy and ending all investment is sane?

Do you even listen to yourself? Nobody suggested doing either of those things or anything close to that. Where did you even get such a well insane idea?

'Enjoy, a very good expose on how liberals "think."'

No, it's a very good example of a straw man fallacy; and further evidence of the propensity of most on the right to lie.

Liberals don't think, they feel.

The only thing I think that liberals think are, they think themselves better then everyone else, they think they know what everyone else thinks, and they think their s..t don't stink.

Go fuck yourself Freewill

Is that an invitation, since you obviously like man on man sex?
It's acknowledgment of the fact that you and most others on the right have no qualms about contriving and/or propagating lies, that conservatives who do contrive and propagate lies have no problem with being devoid of all credibility, and have no problem with the fact that such conservatives are correctly perceived to be indeed liars.

So be it.

Go fuck yourself Freewill

Is that an invitation, since you obviously like man on man sex?
It's acknowledgment of the fact that you and most others on the right have no qualms about contriving and/or propagating lies, that conservatives who do contrive and propagate lies have no problem with being devoid of all credibility, and have no problem with the fact that such conservatives are correctly perceived to be indeed liars.

So be it.

See, that is the difference between you an me. When you are caught in your lies I post the links to prove it. I always post the links to prove almost everything I post. So I post a blog from someone you never heard of and you push the "lie" button. I will bet money you didn't even read the part I posted let alone the rest of the article.

Either way you posted nothing of substance, no proof of a lie. With your record of posting I am thinking you need to post just a little more then your left leaning opinion.

That is the difference, tell a conservative a lie it makes them mad, tell a liberal the truth and that makes them mad.

That's half, or almost half correct. Liberals have empathy,

The only thing I think that liberals think are, they think themselves better then everyone else, they think they know what everyone else thinks, and they think their s..t don't stink.

You don't think! You emote and your emotions are a product of right wing propaganda, thoughtless and a product of your ignorance. That's pitiful, but never productive or evidence of rational thought.

No he's right . Libs hate America , but they LOVE Americans! With conservatives it's the opposite . They like the idea of America , but hate all the Americans in it .

So you believe deregulating our entire economy and ending all investment is sane?
Wow, he didn't even say anything like that. You're listening to a voice in your head..

No he's right . Libs hate America , but they LOVE Americans! With conservatives it's the opposite . They like the idea of America , but hate all the Americans in it .
That's complete bullshit and you know it.

Forum List

Back