Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

So, I guess the minority should just be trampled underfoot when it suits you? So what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot? Wouldn't be too happy about it now would you?

Suuuure.

Do you realize how dumb you liberals sound? Quit throwing a tantrum and grow up. Geesh.

Ah so you want to do away with the Hastert rule and house rule 368?

Were any rules violated to enact HR 368?

Is the Hastert rule a rule? (Perhaps I am misremembering but I don't think there is anything to get rid of there.)

What rules were violated to get rid of the filibuster?

The majority should rule in a democracy.

Get rid of the filibuster forever.

So, I guess the minority should just be trampled underfoot when it suits you? So what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot? Wouldn't be too happy about it now would you?

Suuuure.

Do you realize how dumb you liberals sound? Quit throwing a tantrum and grow up. Geesh.

The Hastert rule is not a rule. It is a guiding principle, one by the way which Boehner has not always followed.

HR 368 was passed by ordinary means, and with votes from Democrats.

I don't understand the technicalities but from what I hear, the Senate violated its own rules yesterday in its vote to restrict the filibuster -- not to mention Harry Reid's 2008 promise that the nuclear option would not be invoked as long as he was the leader of the Senate.

Last edited:

Is the Hastert rule a rule? (Perhaps I am misremembering but I don't think there is anything to get rid of there.)

What rules were violated to get rid of the filibuster?

Perhaps Trajan or someone else here can explain. I heard it explained yesterday and Senators Snowe [edit: Collins] and McConnell made reference to it, but I didn't follow the details.

Last edited:
Sen Reid on why he isn't overly concerned about Repubs possibly abusing the rule change: Reid on Repub scare tactics - C-SPAN Video Library

Reid is a pussy

His brothers and sisters call him "pinky".

They don't even like him.
ummm..... that would explain his being a former boxer & a Capitol Policeman while working his way through law school. Whats on your resume smart guy? That was a rhetorical question.

Ad hominums is all you people seem to have instead of discussing the the OP.

The majority should rule in a democracy.

Get rid of the filibuster forever.

Suuuure.

So, what does the Hastert Rule have to do with this? According to Dennis Hastert, the man behind the rule, he is quoted as saying "The Hastert Rule never really existed. It’s a non-entity as far as I’m concerned." Additionally, the Hastert Rule is a non binding governmental procedure. Perhaps you should read up before you speak up.

And if you're trying to say that HR 368 was somehow responsible for the shutdown last month, you're dead wrong.

There are 4 on this court appointed by Republicans and 4 on this court appointed by Democrats.

Republicans don't want to be out-numbered.

That's all this is about.

And 3 appointed by the president.

Left that little detail out, didn't you?

????

1 has been appointed by Obama

1 Bush Sr
3 Clinton
3 Bush Jr
1 Obama

Actually, Nyvin, it's three. Obama has this year appointed and failed to seat three judges

Caitlin Joan Halligan in March, Robert L. Wilkins in October and Patricia Millett about a week or so ago.

Obama named Wilkins, Pillard and Millett for the three remaining open seats in June, leading Republicans to accuse him attempting to appoint more liberals to a panel that is currently evenly divided between Democratic and Republican appointees.

Republicans accused Democrats of having used similar tactics to deny President George W. Bush the ability to fill the same vacancies in his second term. They accused the Democratic majority of engaging in a “political exercise” on judicial nominations to distract from issues with the new healthcare law.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/polit...c-circuit-nomination-20131118,0,1726464.story

Have a seat.

Last edited:
Reid is a pussy

His brothers and sisters call him "pinky".

They don't even like him.
ummm..... that would explain his being a former boxer & a Capitol Policeman while working his way through law school. Whats on your resume smart guy? That was a rhetorical question.

Ad hominums is all you people seem to have instead of discussing the the OP.

LOL, nope sorry.

I knew his mother, father and siblings very well :)

His mother was my ex wife's father's sister.

I have been to their home in Searchlight.

His mom's name was Treva....an RN with a mouth like a sailor.
Harry senior took me into the mine's that he loved.

Harry walked away from them, and they never really forgave them.

I got bigderpnc1775 AND TempleKormac posting on this thread? :eusa_doh: Wake me when they make a post longer than three words or worth reading

As to the OP. Its done. Repubs brought it on themselves. Own it.

I got bigderpnc1775 AND TempleKormac posting on this thread? :eusa_doh: Wake me when they make a post longer than three words or worth reading

As to the OP. Its done. Repubs brought it on themselves. Own it.

I post quality unlike your lust for numbers.
Reid is still a pussy.

its about time we liberals took control over you fascist, commie repub-lie tards:lol::lol::lol::lol:

have you ever considered a brain transplant ? the one you have now is like a BB in a box car :up:

well, it beats that silly puddy you have:lol::lol::lol::lol: how long did it take you to come up with that one??? :lol::lol::lol:

what the hell is "silly puddy" ?????

are you ignorant or just plain stupid ?? have you stopped kicking puppies like footballs ? did you mother drop you on your head more than the 7 times she reported it ? you are a few bananas short of a bunch !! :up:

And 3 appointed by the president.

Left that little detail out, didn't you?

????

1 Bush Sr
3 Clinton
3 Bush Jr
1 Obama

Actually, Nyvin, it's three. Obama has this year appointed and failed to seat three judges

Caitlin Joan Halligan in March, Robert L. Wilkins in October and Patricia Millett about a week or so ago.

Obama named Wilkins, Pillard and Millett for the three remaining open seats in June, leading Republicans to accuse him attempting to appoint more liberals to a panel that is currently evenly divided between Democratic and Republican appointees.

Republicans accused Democrats of having used similar tactics to deny President George W. Bush the ability to fill the same vacancies in his second term. They accused the Democratic majority of engaging in a “political exercise” on judicial nominations to distract from issues with the new healthcare law.

Obama 0 for 3 as GOP blocks another D.C. Circuit nomination - latimes.com

Have a seat.

Oh...usually you say "Nominated" or "attempting to appoint" like the article does. "Appointed" means that the procedure has finished and they have the job. "Nominated" means selected by the president for the job.

Like I said, Obama has "appointed" 1 judge.

????

1 Bush Sr
3 Clinton
3 Bush Jr
1 Obama

Obama 0 for 3 as GOP blocks another D.C. Circuit nomination - latimes.com

Have a seat.

Oh...usually you say "Nominated" or "attempting to appoint" like the article does. "Appointed" means that the procedure has finished and they have the job. "Nominated" means selected by the president for the job.

Like I said, Obama has "appointed" 1 judge.

I know it's wiki but makes you look stupid
39 federal judges and two Supreme Court Justices
List of federal judges appointed by Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, the nuclear option on it's merit is unconstitutional.

Article IV of the US Constitution says:

So, in effect Democrats have denied these Senators and their respective constituents a republican form of government. Please don't make me embarrass you.

Majority rule is un-Constitutional? :lol:

Denying the minority equal protection under the law is. Get it together, Synth.

At some point, when all the legislative games are played out, the majority must get their way.

Otherwise it negates the idea of representative government.

Suuuure.

According to Hastert there is no Hastert Rule.

Forum List

Back