Religion of peace via their man made "submission" strikes again

Could I ask you to summon the moral courage of Scientific Humanists and remove that verse from your Bible? That would be the loving thing to do - to once and for all say that you support gays, and hold no hatred towards them, like Scientific Humanists do. I believe in you - you can do this!

You don't pay attention, I am a scientist and an agnostic. Your absurd cult has nothing to do with science.

I have no more hatred of homosexuality than I do of diabetes or a cleft pallet, it is a genetic defect that evolution seeks to correct through ending the DNA of the afflicted host.
But we should not discriminate against them, though, correct?

We don't.
Whenever a Christian or a Muslim gives their impressionable young children their texts they are indeed discriminating against gays, of course. We can do better, folks! Gays deserve that. Let's find our love.
How are people who prefer to have sex with the same gender being discriminated against exactly?

Could I ask you to summon the moral courage of Scientific Humanists and remove that verse from your Bible? That would be the loving thing to do - to once and for all say that you support gays, and hold no hatred towards them, like Scientific Humanists do. I believe in you - you can do this!

You don't pay attention, I am a scientist and an agnostic. Your absurd cult has nothing to do with science.

I have no more hatred of homosexuality than I do of diabetes or a cleft pallet, it is a genetic defect that evolution seeks to correct through ending the DNA of the afflicted host.
No one is discriminating against them. They have the exact same rights as people who don't prefer to have sex with the same gender. They have the right to marry someone from the opposite gender just like everyone else.
We can agree that if Jesus said to "love gays, as equals", that those rights would have come about 2000 years earlier, right? That would have been best for the world.
He did say that, you just didn't understand it. Like I told you before, we have laws that say don't murder and people still murder. Are you expecting utopia or something?
Can you say this prayer with me, ding "god/Jesus, if you don't let gays into heaven then please consider letting them in - because I love them as equals. Thanks."

Can you, ding?

No one is discriminating against them. They have the exact same rights as people who don't prefer to have sex with the same gender. They have the right to marry someone from the opposite gender just like everyone else.
We can agree that if Jesus said to "love gays, as equals", that those rights would have come about 2000 years earlier, right? That would have been best for the world.
He did say that, you just didn't understand it. Like I told you before, we have laws that say don't murder and people still murder. Are you expecting utopia or something?
No, just that Christians/Muslims' texts move beyond the hatred for hundreds of millions of people in the world today (gays). If they love as much as we do, then they'd have done it years ago.
I disagree. One has nothing to do with the other. Like I said before, we have standards but some people fail to meet the standard. That does not negate the standard.

We don't.
Whenever a Christian or a Muslim gives their impressionable young children their texts they are indeed discriminating against gays, of course. We can do better, folks! Gays deserve that. Let's find our love.
How are people who prefer to have sex with the same gender being discriminated against exactly?
The Bible teaches hatred of them.

Can you say this prayer with me, ding "god/Jesus, if you don't let gays into heaven then please consider letting them in - because I love them as equals. Thanks."

Can you, ding?
I love everyone. Can you tell me how people who prefer to have sex with the same gender have been discriminated against and harmed?

1.55 billion people believe that Jesus did NOT die on the cross, and that there was a better prophet AFTER Jesus, and that god does NOT have a "son", and that there is NOT "original sin" - so Scientific Humanism does not bring forward the conflicts in beliefs (such as these huge conflicts between Christian and Muslim beliefs) - but does bring forward the COMMONALITIES between the great religions, such as love each other, etc.
No hatred in Scientific Humanism, too.

Who said it's based on a poll, you dunce???
The point I was making is that Jesus' message is so poor (despite him and his dad being all-powerful, supposedly!) that most people (71% of all humanity!) don't believe that he's even divine. Scientific Humanism doesn't ask you to believe in unscientific things, nor to believe that a person who accepted slavery was all-knowing, of course. I hope that makes sense.

Have a great day.
Like I told you before the problem is not in His delivery, the problem is our ability to understand it. Just what do you think His message was all about?
I'm pretty sure that many people could communicate the message better than the Bible does. I think that Scientific Humanism has a chance to communicate love and kindness better than the Bible does - and no talking donkeys, and no kill gays wording, and no useless geneologies, etc. Let's hope.

Have a great night.
I have yet to hear you tell me what that message was. What was the message?
The Bible teaches a lot of hatred, but it also attempts to teach love, as well.

We don't.
The Bible teaches hatred of them.
I don't believe it does. Can you show me where the Bible teaches hatred of people who prefer to have sex with the same gender?

Who said it's based on a poll, you dunce???
The point I was making is that Jesus' message is so poor (despite him and his dad being all-powerful, supposedly!) that most people (71% of all humanity!) don't believe that he's even divine. Scientific Humanism doesn't ask you to believe in unscientific things, nor to believe that a person who accepted slavery was all-knowing, of course. I hope that makes sense.

Have a great day.
Like I told you before the problem is not in His delivery, the problem is our ability to understand it. Just what do you think His message was all about?
I'm pretty sure that many people could communicate the message better than the Bible does. I think that Scientific Humanism has a chance to communicate love and kindness better than the Bible does - and no talking donkeys, and no kill gays wording, and no useless geneologies, etc. Let's hope.

Have a great night.
I don't believe it does. Can you show me an example?

We don't.
So you advocate, like we do, that Christians change the hateful parts of the Bible, or start fresh like Scientific Humanists do?

We don't.
So you advocate, like we do, that Christians change the hateful parts of the Bible, or start fresh like Scientific Humanists do?
Can you show me which parts are the hateful parts of the Bible?

Have a great day.

Have a great night.
Can you show me an example?
Here are hundreds and hundreds of verses that are cruel and/or violent, many of them endorsed, or perpetrated, by heroes of the Bible: Cruelty and Violence
Obviously we can't bring these particular verses forward in Scientific Humanism.

Have a great night.
Here are hundreds and hundreds of verses that are cruel and/or violent, many of them endorsed, or perpetrated, by heroes of the Bible: Cruelty and Violence
Obviously we can't bring these particular verses forward in Scientific Humanism.
Pick the one you think is the worst and l lets talk about it like scientific humanists would, ok?

Can you, ding?
I love everyone. ....
Then you'll have no problem saying this prayer, then will you: "god/Jesus, if you don't let gays into heaven then please consider letting them in - because I love them as equals. Thanks."

Can you, ding?

[

You are "bigoted" against gays unless you will say that you've moved beyond the gay-hatred in the Bible and now support gay rights and would let gays into heaven and avoid hell if that were up to you. What say you, PChic?

You are "bigoted" against biology unless you will say you've moved beyond that idea that those who cannot procreate are equal to those who can in familial structure.

"Reality" is the biggest enemy of the left.
Biology does indeed say that gays, on their own, by themselves, can not have kids - but because of surrogate programs, etc., they can be just as loving of parents as straight parents. If I could change biology so that gays could directly have kids with each other would I do that? I'd say "yes" - sounds like the loving thing to do....god/Jesus have not done that obviously (more bigotry on their part), so I'm proud to say that yet again Scientific Humanists have moved to a higher level of morality than god/Jesus have. We don't claim to be perfect, just have moved to a higher ethical level.
I disagree. Children are best served by having male and female role models. People who place their self interest over the self interest of children are not ethical, they are selfish.

Studies do indicate that.

Can you, ding?
I love everyone. ....
Then you'll have no problem saying this prayer, then will you: "god/Jesus, if you don't let gays into heaven then please consider letting them in - because I love them as equals. Thanks."

Can you, ding?
I did say my prayer. I love everyone. Even people who prefer to have sex with the same gender and act selfishly to deprive children of a male and female role model.

Have a great night.
Pick the one you think is the worst and l lets talk about it like scientific humanists would, ok?
1321 cruel and/or violent verses are so overwhelming that we have to agree that the tone of the Bible is quite cruel and violent. If it was only, say 4 or 5 verses, I could see doing it your way...but 1321. That's even more than in the Qur'an. So we are looking at the Qur'an for good verses (I like Zakat - charity, in the 5 Pillars) as well, and of course coming up with our own as well.

Number of Cruel or Violent Passages
Bible 1321
Quran 532
SH 0
Dwindling In Unbelief: Which is more violent, the Bible or the Quran?

We don't.

Of course not, that would be stupid.

I am responsible for my own actions. I have no desire and no right to tell Christians what to have in their holy book; especially given that on this subject that they are far more scientifically justified than you are.

Can you, ding?
I love everyone. ....

Can you, ding?
I did say my prayer. I love everyone. Even people who prefer to have sex with the same gender and act selfishly to deprive children of a male and female role model.
No, you didn't ask Jesus to consider letting them in, I'm afraid - when you do, you'll be moving up to the level of Scientific Humanists.

Have a great night.

[

You are "bigoted" against gays unless you will say that you've moved beyond the gay-hatred in the Bible and now support gay rights and would let gays into heaven and avoid hell if that were up to you. What say you, PChic?

You are "bigoted" against biology unless you will say you've moved beyond that idea that those who cannot procreate are equal to those who can in familial structure.

"Reality" is the biggest enemy of the left.
Biology does indeed say that gays, on their own, by themselves, can not have kids - but because of surrogate programs, etc., they can be just as loving of parents as straight parents. If I could change biology so that gays could directly have kids with each other would I do that? I'd say "yes" - sounds like the loving thing to do....god/Jesus have not done that obviously (more bigotry on their part), so I'm proud to say that yet again Scientific Humanists have moved to a higher level of morality than god/Jesus have. We don't claim to be perfect, just have moved to a higher ethical level.
I disagree. Children are best served by having male and female role models. People who place their self interest over the self interest of children are not ethical, they are selfish.

Studies do indicate that.
So should they be disallowed to adopt kids?

1321 cruel and/or violent verses are so overwhelming that we have to agree that the tone of the Bible is quite cruel and violent. If it was only, say 4 or 5 verses, I could see doing it your way...but 1321. That's even more than in the Qur'an. So we are looking at the Qur'an for good verses (I like Zakat - charity, in the 5 Pillars) as well, and of course coming up with our own as well.

Number of Cruel or Violent Passages
Bible 1321
Quran 532
SH 0
Dwindling In Unbelief: Which is more violent, the Bible or the Quran?
Like I said before, pick the worst one and we can discuss it. I have no doubt that once I explain it you will change your mind.

Forum List

Back